“LOVELY HOTEL FROM EVERY ASPECT”

Miracle Grand Convention Hotel
Ranked #233 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Pattaya, Thailand
“LOVELY HOTEL FROM EVERY ASPECT”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Nice rooms , quite, accommodating staff, above average pool and gym. Restaurant / coffee shop was nice and had evening music. If i had to define a negative its a bit away from most places but its a nice place to chill or have a romantic getaway.

EnJoY!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Miraclegroup, General Manager at Miracle Grand Convention Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Mr. Jessvanpelt,

Greetings from Miracle Grand Convention Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for your patronage.

I hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards.

Patrick Tan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hull, UK
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is an older hotel, close to Don Muang airport. The rooms were comfortable, quiet. The room service and coffee shop food was of a satisfactory standard without being overpriced. The staff in the restauarant and at reception were always courteous. Most of them spoke reasonable English. The bellboys were very good at organising taxis, and operate a system of directing the local traffic to make easy egress from the hotel drive. We used the swimming pool and were the only ones: there was no-one on duty if you needed a towel or assistance.
The only disadvantage to this hotel is its distance from downtown Bangkok. However, taxis are readily available. These can be taken to Chatuchak , to the skytrain system which will help to shorten the journeytime. If you have domestic flights from Don Muang it is very conveneient. It is possible to walk to the nearest shopping mall. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Miraclegroup, General Manager at Miracle Grand Convention Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Anthony,

Greetings from Miracle Grand Convention Hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the positive feedback with regards to the courteous team members from the coffee shop and reception (including the bellboys).

We pride ourselves of our team members and also encouraged them to practise and not be afraid of speaking English; that they are being trained.

In the matter of being assisted at the poolside for towel, we have since rectified these detail.

Dear Anthony, once again thank you for your positive feedback.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This place was lovely.. The staff were very helpful and spoke good English. I really liked the koi fish in the main lobby, thought it was a unique touch :). Breakfast was a little pricey, but worth it as the buffet had a great selection! They even had sushi! My favorite! My only problem with this place was that it was so far from where our friends were on the other side of Bangkok.. its not so close to the main bit of Bangkok.. so we had to pay quite a bit in taxis! This hotel is closer to the domestic airport Don Mueang.. if you're flying out from there you should stay here! Gym and pool were also great!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Miraclegroup, General Manager at Miracle Grand Convention Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Ladyem10,

Greetings and thank you very much for your positive feedback.

Your feedback is crucial to us and that our policy of upgrading our team members are paying off. We strived to upgrade our team memebers through our learning and development programme that is being implemented.

Once again, thank you and hope to see you again.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Upon checking into the hotel this afternoon with our Agoda reservation, which was made weeks ago, we were informed that there was a "problem with the water on one floor" and our room would not be available, but they had arranged to stay at a different hotel. It seems to me that a half-decently managed hotel, especially one of this size would come up with a better option! We were then invited to sit and wait for a transfer to our new hotel, which took 30 minutes. We then spent another 30-45 minutes in traffic on the way to our new hotel. Upon arrival at the replacement hotel, we were nothing short of disappointed with our new accommodation; old, worn, and smelly! If the management at the Miracle Grand think this is a worthy replacement for their hotel, they certainly don't have a very high opinion of their own hotel! Either that, or they don't have much respect for their guests. My guess is that it is the latter!

• Stayed February 2013
Miraclegroup, General Manager at Miracle Grand Convention Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Mushken,

Firstly, please accept my most sincere apologies for the obvious inconvenience caused to you.

I regret the unfavourable incident describe in your feedback and we have since investigated on this matter to avoid any further occurrences.

Please let me assuare that your adverse experiences is not the usual standard at Miracle Grand and I do hope that you accept my sincere apologies. We had one of our floors shutdown due to an unforeseen incident whereby the outsource contractor that was installing new pipes had damaged the pipe.

Mushken, thank you very much for highlighting this matter and it was an oversight in the selection of the hotel. The hotels that we normally co-operated with were fully booked and this was the only hotel within our vicinity that had available rooms.

In the coming months, Miracle Grand will be going through a renovation phase starting with the convention centre in April 2013.

I do hope that this unfortunate incident will not prevent you from using our facilities again in the future.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We had a one night layover in Bangkok before our trip to Chiang Mai via the domestic airport Don Mueang. Great comfortable room, especially after 5-day trip to more rustic Myanmar.

Only gripe is the mildew around the tub, otherwise the rest of the room and bathroom were clean. Also, we ate a late dinner at the hotel cafe and the service was quite slow, so keep in mind if you're rushing for a flight. Hence, I didn't opt for a la carte breakfast with only 10 minutes to spare. Quality of food was excellent though.

• Stayed February 2013
Miraclegroup, General Manager at Miracle Grand Convention Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Chefsteph5,

Greetings.

I am glad that you were satisfied with the room accomodation and the excellent quality of food; apart for the small detail of mildew around the bath tub and the delay in service for your meal.

Kindly note that we have taken immediate action to remedy your invaluable feedback with the concerned departments. When service is concern, kindly note that we have zero tolerance and will we strive to be excellent.

Once again, Chefsteph5, thank you very much for staying with us and hope that we will see you in the near future.

Kaiserslautern, Germany
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was in charge of a delegation back in 2007 when we selected this hotel to stay at - it was quite nice then. However, I went back in December 2012 and found the rooms to be very shabby. The carpeting was dirty, the furniture was dinged-up and the walls were scraped. It was a hassle to have the AC turn off when you pulled your card key from the wall when you leave the room. My colleague's work-around was to get another key and keep it in the room so you don't walk into a stifling room at the end of the day. We selected this hotel due to the proximity to the Asian Pacific Postal Union, less than a mile away, but I will not go back to the place when I might be in Bangkok next. I would add that the staff was nice, the restaurants were tasty, the breakfast was great and the room rates were reasonable - I had just come to expect more...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Miraclegroup, General Manager at Miracle Grand Convention Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Goldtoothedvillans,

Greetings from Miracle Grand Convention Hotel.

Firstly, thank you for your feedback and I am glad to inform you that the hotel has confirmed with a high profile Interior Designer to renovate the hotel.

The area that will be going through the renovation is the Convention area that will commence from 1 April 2013. After the completion, we will be working on the room accommodation.

In addition, to your feedback about our staff are nice, rates are reasonable and the food is good, I convey my thanks and hope that you will return to see a new look of Miracle Grand Convention Hotel.

Once again, I appreciate your feedback.

Mumbai
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We chose this hotel for its location (close to Don Muang Airport), free shuttle to DMK and reasonable pricing. There should not be any reason for you to choose this hotel. Here's why -

1. My husband's birthday was falling on the same day as we reached. So, I emailed the hotel a week before we reached to arrange for a cake at midnight. Noone ever replied.

2. After reaching the hotel, I requested for a surprise cake at 12. However, they messed up the "surprise" part.

3. I asked them to get a matchbox/lighter to light the candle. The room service chap said 2 minutes and vanished. After 15 minutes of waiting, we gave up and cut the cake.

If I ever come here again it will only be because I have an early morning flight from Don Muang airport. No other reason.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple