“Shopping Trip to Bangkok”

Baiyoke Suite Hotel
Ranked #714 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went on a shopping trip to Bangkok for 5 days.
The location of the Hotel for shopping purpose is excellent.
They gave us an early check-in which of-course is a very big advantage for overnight travellers.
The price of the hotel is quite reasonable.
The size of the room and the suite is very nice and spacious.
The bath room is very small and old.
The service is pathetic, I had to call over 10 times for a towel to the room in the morning and since the breakfast is till 9:30 am only we had to go for breakfast without a bath. The towels did come but all of 45 mins late.
The breakfast is average.
Everyone in the hotel is working only for tips, every one will ask for a tip except the staff at the reception.
We asked the cleaning lady to clean the room since we were leaving a little late and even she started saying tip tip.
Generally if I could avoid this hotel I would definitely.

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel unless you are going on a shopping trip. The area around is very crowded wi...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Vikram K
There are newer reviews for Baiyoke Suite Hotel

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed here often. Yes it is a little tired and the elevators are slow but the staff is obliging and the food is good. The best part is that there is lots of room being suites. Plenty of room to repack the case and spread everything out. The swimming pool is rather small and doesn't get much sun. The leg & toe massaging fish aquarium is amazing.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank glendym
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked the hotel for one night through agoda.co.th for around 1700 baht. We checked in late at night at Baiyoke Suite. The reception area looked clean, new and nicely decorated.

When we opened the door to our room, we smelled the overwhelming sense of cologne. There were two rooms; a living room and bedroom. Unlike the lobby decoration, the furnitures in the living looked old and not well kept.

The bathroom in the living was just awful. The sink was broken and dirty. There was stain everywhere in the baht tub. I got really worried after seeing the bathroom so I decided to check the bedroom.

The bed looked clean but after I pulled out the comforter, there was a footprint and dirt on the bed!

It was about midnight and after a long day of walking around, we were very exhausted and just wanted to go to bed but there was nowhere that we would be able to sleep in the room. We called the front desk to ask for changing of the room. It took them about 15 minutes for someone to come up to our room. We showed her how awful this room was and she said that we checked in very late that there was no other room. After telling her that there was no way that we would sleep in this room, she took us to the room across the hall on the same floor.

The next room was exactly the same but without the awful cologne smell. I looked at the bedsheets and there were holes and stained on them! I pointed that out to her and she said that they couldn't wash it off! I told her "If there are stains and holes in them why don't the hotel throw it out?" She couldn't give me and answer. Then I was distracted by a very visible handprint on the bathroom door which was glass. It looked like someone got killed and couldn't get out of the bathroom (Please keep in mind that I was very tired).

I told her that these rooms don't look anything like the photos online. She said that sometimes they used photos of Baiyoke Sky instead! I asked her if she would stay in this room if it was her. She said there was no other room, she said that she would go down and get another key. I felt bad for the poor girl, it wasn't her fault but there was absolutely no way I would stay there.

After she came back, she took us to a different floor. It was the same layout but everything just looked cleaner and newer. The bathroom was newly renovated. There were still paint drips on the ground so I think the room wasn't completely done with renovation. I checked the bed and there were no stains but a hole. I wouldn't normally be picky but after what we went through, I asked her to send a someone to change the sheets.

We waited for someone to come to change the sheets but nobody came so we called and asked again. Someone came stomping in the room. I showed him the hole and he said that he changed it three times already but I insisted he change them again. We were going to help him change the sheets but he just said no. After all that, the hot shower wasn't working but after all the fuss we made, we weren't going to bother them again. But after that we slept very well. The bed was comfortable.

We will never go back and stay at Baiyoke Suite and I hope that you won't either. For the cost, you can find a way better place. And don't be fools like us and do some research!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank nkraik
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The hotel is 3 mins walk from Ratchaprarop railway station, so you can take the train from Suvarnabhumi airport for 40 bahts and walk to the hotel. Check-in and check-out will take some time.There are a lot of indian restaurants around and you can enjoy delicious indian food. The in-house restaurant is costly and does not have very good food. The hotel is located bang in the middle of the shopping district and all the malls as well as flea markets are walking distance. You can have light breakfast/ snacks at 7 eleven which is very much nearby. The money changers at Indra square which is bang in front of the hotel offer a very good exchange rate. The breakfast has a lot of options and even vegetarians can find enough to eat

Room Tip: After you check-in make sure that your room has 2 bath robes, a pair of slippers and the refrigerato...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Good value fot the money. Rooms were big and great view if you get a high floor room. Service very good as you would expect. Restaurant at the very top. Not suitable for backbackers maybe. Fine clothing is not required but you get long looks if you are dressed "casual".. But food was soo good! There is swimmign pool but dont expect too much.

Room Tip: Ask high floor!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2013

What a disappointment! Tired old and dirty(that includes the looks we got from reception). We chose it because it had a pool but were not told on arrival that it was closed. We paid for an extra bed but because the staff didn't know about the deal they didn't give it to us on the first night I showed them the voucher but still wouldn't agree. NO REFUND either. We were made to feel like an inconvenience rather than a paying guest. The location was great but not worth the hassle and terrible service.We got a package but were not given the vouchers until it was too late to use them. Also a dodgy tourist tout out the front supported by the hotel staff.
Breakfast was poor, not friendly don't be fooled by this hotel, just skip it all together!

Room Tip: To find a good room, go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2013

scary room feel, mini simming pool and yet not available due to hotel painting, old school gym, 21" tv with far viewing distance, 1980 decor and furniture, cracked flooring, noisy aircon with no circulation, saw bad attitude staff treating indian guest, kitchen area sink without tap, dirty bed covers and blankets with stains and VERY DIRTY BATH TUB! paying 90 bucks a night i prefer to stay in a new and clean low rise hotel at 40 bucks a night like my friend did. only thing good in baiyork suite is the city view, thats all. and dun get fool by the look of the lobby.

Room Tip: try paying a little more for baiyork sky instead.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends