Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok
  • Pool
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
  • Pool
9,118 results
All reviewskrungthep winghorizon clubthe riverriverside loungechi spakrung thep wingthe main hotelbalcony roomthai restaurantdinner cruiseevening cocktailsour honeymoonbreakfast buffetfive star hotelwonderful hotelsky train stationnight market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Shangri-la is a good, 5 star hotel. The staff are well trained, and the service is prompt and attentive. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. The pool is pleasant. The location is good. But then again, all these things should apply. It is large and somewhat impersonal. Is there anything that makes it standout from the rest of the pack? No.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AlistairM696
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am only 12 but I thought I should still give my opinion on this place. While travelling the world with my family we went to Thailand and stopped in bangkok for a week. The Shangri-La was wonderful and a great family hotel. We are a family of four and we choose two river view adjoining rooms and this worked very well. The breakfast at the next 2 cafe was amazing and covered everybodys dietry requirments ( even my fussy 6 year old brother). The pool is huge and great for all ages swimming laps and relaxing. It was a 2 minute or less walk to the sky train and ferry stop where you could get to all the main temples and places. They even had extra free activities for kids of all ages.
Overall it was a great hotel with fantastic service in a perfect location.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful but as a family of 4 we choose two river view adjoining rooms and this worked very well.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Isabella C
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We keep choosing to stay at the Shangrila hotel each time we visit Bankok, despite temptations to try a new place. We chose to stay at the Krungthep-wing which is a quite and more intimate wing.
Our room overlooking the river was perfect. The service was excellent. Afternoon tea and breakfast are served in a dinning room hall overlooking the river. The presentation of the food is a piece of art. The food is good and offers a variety of European and Thai food.
The swimming pool is not big but secluded with only few guests using it.
Those who prefer more stimulation and music can walk to the main wing of the hotel to enjoy the Restaurants, big swimming pool , gym and night music. A great escape from the noise and heat of the city

Room Tip: A deluxe room overlooking the river is perfect
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank liorab
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I spent 2 nights in this hotel to start out my week in Bangkok. Next to to another 5-star hotel directly afterwards, the Shangri-La pales a bit in comparison and is more expensive.
Someone from housekeeping walked into my room unannounced while I was asleep on the first day. Also I did not get the exact type of room I had reserved.
Other than that, the service was nice, and the Thai restaurant Salathip within the hotel was excellent. The spa is to be avoided, more than 4 times the massage price in other locations and nothing spectacular for such a high cost.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SquidJR
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Lovely modern hotel that is almost on a par with Mandarin Oriental and Peninsular but at literally half the cost. Good central location. Rooms are good , plenty of choice of restaurants. It is rather large and somewhat impersonal. Overall a good choice at a sensible price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple