Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok
$131
$114
Travelocity
9,128 results
All reviewskrungthep winghorizon clubthe riverriverside loungechi spakrung thep wingthe main hotelbalcony roomthai restaurantdinner cruiseevening cocktailsour honeymoonbreakfast buffetfive star hotelwonderful hotelsky train stationnight market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel is fantastic. The room was big and clean, well presented with a balcony overlooking the river. What a view!!. Totally different again on an evening. All the hotel boats are lit up, bobbing across the river from hotel to hotel, dropping people off. The hotel reception / lobby and grounds are excellent. You wouldn't think you were in the middle of a chaotic City. Staff are polite and helpful, pool area very clean. Restaurants and buffet are of top quality. The food was excellent and you had a good selection from the buffet. Chocolate !!! . This was the second stop of our honeymoon and the temples and palaces are a must see, they are beautiful. But Bangkok is a bit chaotic. The mono rail is a good way to get around and a trip up and down the river is a must.
Just one bit of advice,to all you ladies and gentlemen if you go out for a meal on an evening, be aware of the mosquito's they will hammer your legs if you eat outside. Make sure you have a good mosquito repellent or cover up your legs or eat inside. My wife got badly bitten on her legs and i had a few. You live and learn so now if we travel to a hot country we use at least 50/100 deet repellent (from amazon)

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Mat B
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Just completed a 7-night stay at the hotel. From check-in to departure, everything was exceptional. The staff were very attentive in all areas of the hotel. Pool area - my wife spent days at the pool while I was in business meetings. Great location by the river, opportunities for either sun or shade, helpful staff. Evening buffet at Next2 restaurant was very good with many choices. I would highly recommend a room on the Horizon Club floors - great view from the Horizon Club lounge, breakfast buffet and snacks at evening happy hour are complimentary. You could easily make it through the day on food available at breakfast and Happy Hour. Location is great - overlooks the river, Sky Train terminal and boat pier are very close. This is my hotel of choice whenever I am in Bangkok.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David M
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel from 6th june and yet again we love it,this time we took two of our freind with us on holliday &stayed in the shangri la for three nights & the on to hua hin for a further eleven nights, we have stayed all over the world & this hotel will take some beating,can,t wait to go back

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joebrown060355
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I can't praise the Shangri-la highly enough. They treat you like a royal during your visit. On check in the may try and upgrade you to a room with a balcony. Do it. It's worth it. We stayed there for 3 nights of our honeymoon. They have ample staff who are there to attend your every need. For such a massive hotel you never have to wait for an elevator.

The food is fantastic. The choice on offer during the breakfast and evening buffet is second to none. In fact, the breakfast we ate kept us going right the way through the day.

The location of the hotel is brilliant too. It's right next to a Skytrain terminal which we used for the first couple of days. Until we realised how cheap taxis were in Bangkok.

When I return, it's the only hotel my wife and I will stay at. I could bore you to tears with all the good things I could say about it. I've stayed in top hotels all over the world and so far this is the best.

You will not regret staying at the Shangri-la.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the river view with balcony
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Davecaplyn
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I lost my bracelet in Shangri-la hotel Bangkok as I was about to check out. I discovered it missing from my wrist when I was in the hotel car on the way to airport. The car returned to the hotel and I retraced my steps up to the room to search for it, to no avail. In the airport, I received a call from the Duty Manager informing me that the bracelet was found inside one of the lifts. He arranged to send the bracelet by courier to my address in Singapore and less than 48 hours later I received the bracelet intact. Thanks to the efficiency and responsible manner they handle the matter.

The hotel and its staff are a gem, excellent service, polite and gracious staff, excellent food, excellent accommodation and such a high standard of service Shangri-la Hotels are known for.

Room Tip: We prefer the river view rooms to see the busy Chao Paya River.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family