“Ramada D'MA,Bangkok....”

Ramada D MA Bangkok
Ranked #518 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The rooms are decently sized. Location is good but in a thickly area,10 min. walking distance from the shopping malls road , and lot's of awesome street food around the corner. Breakfast was good. The view from the room is not that great as it's a short buildings around,overall nice place to stay....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank rajat143
Ramada_DMA_Bangk0k, Manager at Ramada D MA Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear 'rajat143'

We are delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to share such detailed feedback with us following your recent stay at Ramada D'MA Bangkok. We are pleased to know how much you appreciated your time at Ramada D'MA Bangkok. We are also thrilled that you enjoyed the caring hospitality offered by our dedicated team, resulting in memorable experiences being created for our guests.

Please do let us know when your plans bring you back to Bangkok. We would be delighted to assist with the details of your stay to ensure another wonderful experience at Ramada D'MA Bangkok.

Warmest personal regards,

Reviewed August 16, 2013

From the title one can understand my horrifying experience at this hotel.

Let me give a very candid experience of this hotel. I checked in on 12.08.2013 at room no 2223 with my family. My first experience, as the bell boy left our luggage at our room we asked him for the wifi password. He very promptly said free wi fi is not available inside rooms. On hearing this I showed him the hotel terms n condition which clearly mentioned ' free wifi ' then he winked and said you just login and you will get free access. I failed to understand why he lied??
The next day at breakfast the entire place was totally chaotic , if u asked any of the waiter ( ESP female staff) for any assistance then they would give such a stern look making you feel that you are staying free of cost. On the contrary we could observe these staff having different approach towards non indian sub continent guests.. It was very evident that there was some instructions from the hotel mgmt to be rude towards indian guests.
The other experience on day 2 was really shocking. I had left my room keys in my room and requested the front office for an access to lift. He did come but was so rude that I can not describe. Over here I felt like slapping him. I was with my Thai friend who too was shocked. As we reached room we called room service for some plates. We were shocked that for this an additional charge of 100 baht would be charged...
During check out it took more than 45 mins for the front office to clear us... The front office staff had very very poor knowledge of English.
We wanted ourselves to be dropped to the airport link station, as per hotel policy for free airport shuttle services you need to inform one day in advance. We requested that we could not inform in advance but informing 4 hrs before. The hotel concierge team turned deaf ears to our request. They could see that my 3 Yr old son my wife and 2 big suitcases but did not pay any heed to our request. The station is max 750 mts from hotel. The disturbing thing was as we reached out of hotel the same hotel travel / vehicle driver was asking to avail the services by paying directly to them... Corrupt staff.
The other experiences are equally disturbing which I will be sharing with entire global chain of ramada group. All social sites, would put in a request to travel operators of india to black list this hotel ( idiots they are forgetting that their maximum revenues / salaries are coming from Indians )
Secretary of Ministry of tourism both india and Thailand ..

My entire trip has been ruined by this hotel...

Room Tip: Tip... Never ever chose this hotel, u will have a horrifying experience for sure..
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Ramada_DMA_Bangk0k, Manager at Ramada D MA Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear ‘Pranjal V’,

Thank you very much for Taking the time to share your comment regarding your recent experience in Ramada D’MA Bangkok on TripAdvisor.com.

We would like to offer our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you and your family had and your comments have passed on to our management team for improvement.

We are more welcome to invite you back to see our true Ramada experience at Ramada D'MA Bangkok

If possible we would like to respond to you personally, could you please send us your contact details to rm@ramada-bkk.com

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were only here 1 night before we flew home to NZ. Comfortable and clean room and bed, good breakfast, and although crowded, the staff looked after us very well. Reception staff were not particularly helpful, but our luggage was looked after when we checked out. The lady at the tour desk was really helpful and recommended a river dinner cruise that suited us perfectly. A night to remember. Although the reception would only recommend their limousine service to the airport, we managed to get a taxi outside, but not with the meter working. However we were satisfied with the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ramada_DMA_Bangk0k, Manager at Ramada D MA Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear 'Jan D',

Thank you very much for your kind support and review on TripAdvisor.com.

We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recently visit at Ramada D'MA Bangkok; and thank you for taking the time to leave such a superb review in particular regarding the excursion service. We have shared your comments with our team and they are delighted to know about your excellent feedback on service.

When your plans bring you back to Bangkok, please do let us know so we can ensure another wonderful stay at Ramada D'MA Bangkok.

Best wishes,

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed in Ramada D'ma in late July 2013 and must say am extremely impressed with the service that I've received in the hotel.

I've visited Thailand several times and have stayed in various hotels like Novotel Platinum, and Centara Grand but am truly impressed with a few of the staffs of Ramada D'ma.

The location is ideal for people who wishes to do shopping at the Pratunam area while wanting a location with less crowd that is common for hotels located within the area. The hotel is still a walking distance away to major shopping areas but still give you the peace you need when your shopping is done for the day.

The rooms are great. The superior rooms have their view blocked by the building behind, so if you really want a view, be sure to be a deluxe room. For me, it din't really matter considering by the time I reach the hotel, it would already been too late to see anything.. Housekeeping staff was extremely friendly, taking the trouble to greet me every morning.

Breakfast was average, the dining area is often crowded. Wished they could have an alternative location for breakfast.

Now, the staffs.. The staffs are a mix of the good and the bad, making me wonder why is the hotel keeping staffs that are not of the Ramada standard that I've come to expect. I did not expect to be able to communicate well with the staffs here considering the story about the level of English of the staffs in the hotels industry, but I was surprised to be able to have all my questions answered well and all my problems taken care of by a tall gentlemen who could speak English very fluently. Together with his colleague, a lady who was apparently the guest service manager, they really made my stay at Ramada a pleasant. No communication barrier whenever I needed tips or help at the front desk.

The good service by the front desk is sadly tarnished by the bell counter staff as well as the transport counter who constantly tried to get me to use the hotel limousine which prices was outrageous for my needs. I eventually got the front desk to get taxi metered for me or I would simply take a stroll to the main street to hail a running cab myself.

Overall, thanks to the 2 staffs at the front desk who made my stay an extremely pleasant one, I really enjoyed Ramada D'ma and will be looking forward to coming back soon. Only if the management will do something about the bell counter.

Major props to the 2 lovely front desk staffs.

Room Tip: Pick the higher floor. Deluxe if you need a view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Ramada_DMA_Bangk0k, Manager at Ramada D MA Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear 'Patrick P',

Thank you very much for posting such a nice review about your recent stay at Ramada D'MA Bangkok on TripAdvisor.com. We are delighted to read you had a wonderful experience with us. We have shared your comments with our team and they are very happy to read your comments. And We do deeply apologized for the inconvenienced caused from our Bell Counter Staff.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back again to Ramada D'MA Bangkok for yet another stay.

Warm regards,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Ramada_DMA_Bangk0k, Manager at Ramada D MA Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were 3 couples on tour from Ethiopia to Australia who booked a short stop-over arrangement by a local tourist company specializing in incoming tourisme. We asked for Ramada D'Ma Bankok Hotel because of the central location and stayed there from 4th to 5th of July. We had a very pleasant stay in this hotel and experienced quick and excellent service. The rooms were of good size, very nice with comfortable beds. We enjoyed the athmosphere of the quarters around the hotel very much. The hotel took good care of our luggage while we were on a City, Temples and Grand Palace trip on our day of departure. All in all, this hotel has our recommendation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear 'Bjorn44',

Thank you very much for posting such a nice review on TripAdvisor.com about your recent stay at Ramada D'MA Bangkok. We are delighted to read you had a wonderful experience with us. We have shared your comments with our team and they are very happy to read your comments.

Warmest regards,