“Stay away from this hotel”

Unico Express Hotel
Ranked #788 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Booked by misled by the fake photos. The lobby is innovated to attract customers. The rooms are terrible, dirty. The staff do not understand English. Very rude and unfriendly. Stay away from this hotel. If this hotel is your only option, you better cancel your trip to Bangkok.

Booked via Agoda at 60% discount, the original price was mentioned to be $130 per night -- which turned out to be a great lie. The actual price should not be more than $15 per night.

First thing we did after checking (as we paid the full amount only in advance, we had to check in) was to find a better hotel in the locality. Lots of very good hotels are available in that area at same price.

Room Tip: No good room. Stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Unico Express Hotel

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I book this hotel throw www.sawadee.com to good price. I come to the hotel, my booking was not confirmed but they help me get it and upgrade my room. This is a nice hotel to sty in the room was nice, AC, Lcd TV, Shower, nice bed, quiet.Breakfast good verity of food chose from. Dinner from the kitchen was weary good Thai food but like in hotels good price to 150 bath. Staf is very friendly and helpful good English speaking.
Good walking distance to Sukhumvit, but heavy traffic at rush hours traffic stand still on the oneway street, Soi 3.
Overall I like this hotel...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Tom D
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My stay was terrible!!! Please do not trust their photo posting on the agency's website, it's all lies!!
The building is old, totally not look like the photo i saw on the web. I just thought they had finished room renovation, but it hasn't. Basically everything is old, something damaged, air-conditioner not working well, and pretty dirty.
I made 3 nights reservation through Expedia, in the first night stay, i decided to move on the next day, even i need to pay 1 night room charge for cancellation penalty. I complained to the front desk about the terrible room and let them know I want to check out. the staff haven't ask anything but reminded me to pay the penalty! Then, I made the payment cleared on that day. after that, I found Expedia also charged me the penalty, means, I paid double!!
Expedia tried to request Unico Express to refund 1 night room charge for me, after discording with the hotel around 6 months, finally they haven't do anything for me.
You can find many good hotel of Bangkok in this price range. This is my comment: do not try your luckiness! Wish you have a nice trip in Bangkok!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Amy L
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I booked this hotel throw Agooda by looking to the picture in the website, but reality was something different from the picture.
Very bad room spicily the windows certain
In two days stay I moved from one room to another four times
A/C in all rooms i stayed in were very bad, the sound of that A/C seemed like a tank on operation.
Simply if you can afford going anywhere ells ......pleas Do

Room Tip: very bad A/C
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Pictures of the hotel on Agoda better than reality again. Walked toward Sukhumavit about 15 minutes but not a pleasant smelling neighborhood. Staff is friendly. Room relatively quiet, will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Can't really make any comparisons
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Our stay in this hotel was not terrible, but it wasn't awesome either. It was average. Although the hotel's facade looked new, the room we stayed in was a bit old. The corridors were narrow. The staff were helpful but not so friendly. The buffet breakfast served the same food for the entire 4 days that we stayed there which is a bit disappointing. The area where it is located is okay, lots of convenience stores, Persian restaurants and banks. The prosti***es are a given. The walk going to the train station is a bit long especially if you plan to take the train everyday while you're there.

Overall I say we could have stayed in a different hotel at the same price but with better experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We looked this hotel via online booking. When we check in, the lobby look nice and check in was smooth but when we went to room we were disappointed as the room corridor is every small and room also every small and the bathroom was really bad smell and unforgettable to take shower. There is no bathmat in the room but we saw dirty cleaning cloth on the the TV we don;t know whether it is to be use as bathmat or housekeeping staff forget in the room. We asked whether can borrow multiple plug adapter but we were ask to buy from them. the staff not really friendly whenever we ask for service. We notice that they pay more attention to European guest and they don't care about Asian.Breakfast was good but internet was very slow.

Room Tip: Read more review before make decision to book this hotel. the real room is not nice as in the Photo
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business