“Overpriced”

Ranked #780 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Overpriced”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was is fairly big so when they showed me the room i was quite surprised how small it was i thought it was overpriced as i know hotels better located with bigger rooms for the same price.i wont be stopping here again though its not the worst hotel ive ever stopped in and i will give credit where its due the staff were helpful and friendly enough i just know better in the same price range.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Paul C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My friends and I stayed at Unico Express Bangkok. Firstly, when we arrived the service was quite ok. After that i took a lift to my room. Do you know what surprised me? When the lift door opened, We saw the room door is opposite to the lift. We though who stayed in this room must be difficult and lake feeling of private. The thing that surprised when we saw the room card number that room is belonged to us lol. The hallway is too small and we feel like the ghost building adventure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 16, 2013

That's 4 night staying with my friends. I booked superior, but when I arrived they change to deluxe connecting room by the reason of I go in friend group and deluxe is bigger than superior. The problem is on the 1st night, they forgot make up my room. But it started for next day after I told. The area is not bad but I will never recommend to whom that do not stay with Muslim zone. But if for Muslim people is good for that area. Bathroom not so clean, shower head they could change for long times ago.
it's not good for lady health and some people who care their health. In the room also smell like cigarette smoke. However a boy bell smile to you and help you for welcoming and I got discount price so it's not too much cost. My friend and I stay at 8th floor, so one of the room also got the good view of Sokumvit, Bangkok.
I will book other hotel if I go Bangkok again, even I spend more than this but I hope I can get better feel.

Room Tip: If you chose superior is good but smaller than deluxe. if you are in friend group like us, ask for d...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank GeNtillEs
Florida
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Room Tip: room on the high have less A/c
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Macau, China
Reviewed April 8, 2013

First of all, I must say that I have booked this hotel by mistake. Actually, I was looking for a hotel located opposite the Bumrungrad International Hospital whose name, in the past, was also Unico Express. That hotel was completely refurbished and changed its name to Furama Exclusive Sukhumvit and is located at Sukhumvit Soi 1. The present-day Unico Express is located at Sukhumvit Soi 3. For some reason I can’t explain I was absolutely convinced that I’ve booked the right hotel. I’m more or less familiar with the Sukhumvit area and I realized my mistake only when I saw the taxi driver turning into some unknown streets. Located in a inner alley, the Unico Express, seen from outside, look interesting and the building does not reveal its actual condition. Notwithstanding the courteous treatment received at the front desk, I felt a bit strange being requested to pay in full my stay in advance. I booked an Economy Room for 1,200 Thai Bahts per night, breakfast included (aprox. USD 45,00) and I was happy with my choice until I arrived at the room. I was given a room located on the 7th floor (number 3701). It was an Economy Room all right, however, it looked completely different from the Economy Room photos I saw on the Internet. Although spacious, the room was poorly lit, smelly, with no windows, the air conditioning system was noisy and the toilet filthy, full of mould stains. I said to myself: “Well, it’s not expensive and I’m staying for two nights only, so… if it has to be, then let it be like this.” When these thoughts came up to my mind I could not imagine what surprises were lying ahead. During the first night, while going to the toilet I noticed a small cockroach walking around the mirror (photo included). Next morning, coming back to the room after breakfast, I was surprised by another bug walking on the bed linen. DEAR FELLOW TRAVELLER, IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE, PLEASE STOP READING NOW AS THE FOLLOWING DESCRIPTION MAY BE SHOCKING FOR YOU! After smashing the bug I found that it was full of fresh blood (most probably my own blood…). Enraged, with the bug wrapped in a paper tissue, I went immediately to the reception asking for some sort of assistance. The clerk on duty followed me to my room and after seeing the stained blanket, said with a smile: “If you are OK I will bring a spray to kill the bugs, if you are not OK we will give you another room…” Of course, I accepted his offer. Then (as a compensation, I think) I was transferred to a so-called “Superior Room” located on the same floor (room 2701). Although smaller than the previous one, this time the room was bright, had a window facing the building across the alley and seemed recently upgraded with a flat screen TV, but… no wardrobe or any place where I could hang my clothes! My suitcase had to be kept on the floor as there was no table or chair to put it. Certainly this new Superior Room was a considerable improvement over the previous one, however it was poorly maintained as the Economy Room. The toilet and shower was full of mould stains and during the night I was again visited by a small cockroach… As already mentioned by other reviewers the breakfast is very basic, and if you enjoy eating warm (or cold) foods that are supposed to be served hot, it’s all right. Nana and Phloen Chit Stations (Sukhumvit Line of the BTS Skytrain) are located within 15 minutes walking of the hotel. In the past few years this hotel have received many bad reviews and complaints, however it seems that the management do not care a fig for the guests’ opinion. Stay at your own risk…

Room Tip: Avoid the Economy Rooms at all costs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Vadomac
Assam,India
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Not a place to stay.Rooms are small.Bathrooms are dirty.Very uncomfortable.However location is good.I will advice people avoid this hotel.Soi 3 is a busy area.Japanese embassadar,s office is next yo the hotel.When we were there due due Japan,s Crownns prince,s visit to Japan Embassadar office the road was closed for more than 30 min,s and there was heavy traffic Jam.At night Soi 3 becomes a red light area.Many Arab resturant and hotels are there.It is like a muslim area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed April 5, 2013

First of all i was very excited to visit Bangkok but when i entered the hotel ,my dreams were shattered..!!The staff was friendly but the rooms were so not good.
The smell was even exhausting and the corridors so narrow.We stayed in the deluxe room which itself was not deluxe!!The swimming pool was so deep and not suited for the kids but still the receptionist allowed my 10 years old brother to swim and he was about to do drown.
My advice to all the travelers is to stay away from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family