We have all been in a hotel which was more suited for business travelers and those looking to attend a conference but i think what works against the Ramada plaza is the location. It is quite far from the city and although there are some sights such as the Asiatique bazaar closeby, it doesn't really fit tourists' needs in terms of sightseeing.
The staff were friendly enough but it was a mission to find anyone who spoke English , which kind of contradicts the entire purpose of creating a business friendly environment. I know people will say that its because its Thailand and English is not their native language it is expected but it got to the point where i had to use sign language to ask for something which is quite unacceptable for an international brand like Ramada. Besides, i stayed at another hotel in Bangkok during this stay and English speaking staff were not an issue there.
The rooms were tiny, no real amenities and the TV was from the 90's so i think a technological upgrade is required for this hotel.
The hotel restaurant was nice, they had a good buffet so no complaints there.
Not much in terms of sights closeby except the Asiatique bazaar which is a food/restaurants/shopping area maybe 4 blocks away but not enough activity to warrant spending money at this hotel in a stay.
Overall, if you are a tourist looking to explore bangkok with your family or friends, would definitely recommend you stay closer to the city centre e.g. closer to Sukhumvit so you pay less in cab fare and spend less time in traffic. This hotel is good for an off site event or a conference but not much else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Plaza Bangkok Menam Riverside is located on the eastern bank of the city's legendary Chao Phraya River. This Thai contemporary deluxe hotel sits on an expansive 3.5 acre plot with an impressive 220 metres of exclusive river frontage. The Ramada Plaza Bangkok Menam Riverside offers magnificent panoramic views of the river and the Bangkok city skyline. Situated close to Bangkok's Central Business District (CBD) the hotel enjoys easy access to all business, entertainment and shopping zones by BTS SkyTrain, Chao Phraya Express Boat and the inner city Bangkok Expressway. Asiatique, the region's largest night bazaar, is just a leisurely five minute away but guests may also take advantage of the hotel's complimentary Tuk-Tuk shuttle service. The hotel provides frequent, complimentary shuttle boat services to the nearby Saphan Taksin SkyTrain station. The 525 well-appointed Thai-deco inspired guest rooms and spacious suites are furnished tastefully and equipped to meet the needs of today's business and leisure travellers. Choose from a broad selection of luxury room types - from comfortable Deluxe Rooms, Grand Deluxe Rooms and Plaza Suites to spacious Terrace Suites. The hotel's Presidential Suite, with terrace and outdoor Jacuzzi, represents the ultimate in riverside accommodation. Dedicated non-smoking floors as well as 'special needs' accessible guest rooms for the elderly and for the physically challenged are also available. For a memorable culinary experience, guests may choose from one of the hotel's four outstanding, individual restaurants. Lighter snacks and refreshments are available by the outdoor pool and in the lobby lounge. The hotel's Massira Wellness & Spa offers a wide range of massage, beauty and wellness treatments for local and international guests. The Ramada Plaza Bangkok Menam Riverside is one of the city's most popular MICE venues for business and social gatherings. The 22 function rooms are fully-equipped and the two spacious ballrooms together accommodate up to 1,000 guests in banquet style. The stand-alone Menam Seminar & Convention Hall, which seats up to 600 guests theatre-style, is also a popular choice for social and business events. The hotel's ongoing commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility, energy management and environmental conservation has been recognised locally and internationally with many awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Splitty, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ramada Plaza Bangkok Menam Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Menam Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Ramada Hotel Bangkok
- Plaza Menam Riverside Ramada