Ramada Plaza Bangkok Menam Riverside
$526
$162
$145
1,987 results
All reviewsthe riverplaza suiteasiatique marketfree shuttle boatboat servicenight markethotel boatexecutive floorsaphan taksina river view roombreakfast buffettuk tuksky train stationwelcome drinkthe hotel offerspool area isrooms are large
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have to start by stating that I am generally not a fan of Ramada properties, however this hotel has me seriously rethinking that position abroad. I checked in at the hotel in November and the process was quick and efficient with a welcome drink to boot.

I was a little concerned that the property was located so far from the BTS (Sky Train) however, my concerns were quickly alieviated when I discover that the hotel provides a COMPLIMENTARY shuttle boat from the hotel pier to the BTS station. Not only is this an amazing free service they will give you ice cold towles and cold water when you return to the boat to refresh yourself in the humid hot weather! Not only convenient, but you do not have to worry about being "taken for a ride" by the river taxis that all the tour books warn you about.

The room was spacious by Asian standards and comparable to US hotel rooms. The bathrooms were equiped with the standard shower but also a rainfall shower head. All of the toilets are american style with a bidet attachment if that is your preferance for cleaning. The only thing that I can think of that some travels may not like is that the corner of the shower/bathtub combo area (in same room, but two seperate facilities) is completly glass, fine if you are traveling with a spouse maybe not with friends in same room. There is a curtain that closes for privacy. I was with a friend and never felt like I didn't have privacy, but some travellers might.

Breakfast was very good right on the river with indoor and outdoor seating and a fine selection of European, Asian and American favorites.

The only thing that some my not like is the lounge has strange hours and the staff is not always well versed on how to make cocktails however I generally prefer to be on the city and not in the hotel drinking, but unlike other properties I found the lounges, and minibar fees to be so reasonably priced and had not concerns about using them.

Overall I would recommend this hotel if you don't mind being on the edge of downtown.

TIPS: In the morning walk around the pier area where you catch the shuttle boat as giant catfish frequent the area looking for food. Finally I cannot stress enough use the shuttle boat every trip is like a river tour with changing views of the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river even the rooms that do not face the river head on have very nice views where the city views are not very scenic...actually not at all scenic!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Had stayed here for a couple of night during one of a conference and apart from the room size which was small as compared to the usual. Other than that the location is amazing (a lil far away from the city thou).

Overall stay was good !!

Cheers

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is very beautiful. The lobby is gorgeous, the pool is very pretty. The rooms are very comfortable, and very good size. Breakfast was good, but is exactly the same every day. The staff was very friendly. The hotel is not in the best area, not much to do around the hotel, but it is a short walk to the Asiatique mall which is great! They have a free boat service which is very nice. The only down side of the rooms is that the door to the toilet is fairly transparent, which is quite awkward especially when staying with friends. The sink is not in the bathroom which some people might like, however I do not. The only problem with the hotel was that two lights went out in our room 3 days before we left and it was never fixed. There might have been a language barrier when we asked to have it fixed though.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed here once before a while ago and it was OK but now I found it very good in almost all ways.
Maybe the management have changed but I was delighted with the great value for money this riverside 5 star hotel provides especially in comparison to many of the riverside hotels I have stayed in on my many visits to BKK.
The staff are just lovely,the breakfast range is staggering and I ate at their restaurants and the food was superb and good value.
My room was enormous with great river views and my only niggle was the lack of wifi connection in the room. It was fine for the first couple of days but non existant for the remaining 4 days.
If they could sort this out they would be in my top ten!
When I asked at reception it was rather vague why it didnt work, to be fair my lack of the Thai language didnt help but if they sorted this, they would win brownie points and I would never stay anywhere else again in BKK

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Having stayed at the Lebua State Tower and the Eastin Grand Hotel, I actually found this place to be the best value. It's low key, right by the riverside, and at a bargain price. Didn't try the food so no comment there. Has its own private boat which takes you to the Saphan Taksin (the ferry and SkyTrain station) and leaves to and from every 30 minutes.
The lobby is actually quite nice, amazing for such a low price. They have a nice girl and piano player who sing every night and take requests to make you feel quite at home.
Staff were very friendly and down to earth. Rooms were comfortable and had the usual. It may be a cheap hotel, but it's still 5 star so it has everything you would expect.
This hotel's a few hundred metres from Asiatique, a new shopping market by the riverside in Bangkok with loads of restaurants.
If you're on a budget and would like a taste of the good stuff - I would stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Marcus O
klaus_sennik, Manager at Ramada Plaza Bangkok Menam Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you for your kind words and constructive feedback on your recent stay at our hotel

At Ramada Plaza Menam Riverside , the team and I are committed to delivering exceptional service to our guests and creating lasting, treasured memories. The feedback you provided will help us achieve these goals.

We were delighted to learn that your stay was as special as you had hoped. We have taken good note of your comments. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Please be assured that I have shared your opinions with the rest of the team and highlighted your commendation of singer, piano player and our staff, thank you for them.

Once again, it was a real pleasure to be your host at Ramada Plaza Menam Riverside. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again. As a returning guest, you are entitled to exclusive privileges and special offers.

Wishing you all the best, please feel free to contact me for any further assistance you might need.

Warm regards,