“Amazing!”

Ranked #97 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here when we were in Bangkok. The location is amazing - right in the middle of Sukhumvit next to all the best bars, restaurants, and the BTS (skytrain), but also on a quiet Soi so it's relaxing at night. The hotel provides a tuk tuk that took us to the main road, although it's just as easy to walk.

The service was spectacular. The staff were polite, friendly, smiley, and helpful. We stayed in the executive suite which offered a private lounge and happy hour with a nice view of Bangkok.

Also, the restaurants at Rembrandt were really good. We had lunch at the Mexican restaurant which was authentic and worth it for the margaritas. The Indian restaurant had a live traditional band and great food - it's rated as one of the best Indian restaurants in Bangkok and it lived up to its name.

Overall a great stay, no complaints and we will definitely stay again next time in Bangkok.

We highly recommend anyone to stay here when they're in Bangkok!

Room Tip: Ask for the Terrace Suite if they have them available!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MoandIan
Eric H, General Manager at Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Moandlan:

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Rembrandt Hotel during your recent trip to Bangkok and for taking the time to post your feedback. We are so happy to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and your desire to return is the ultimate compliment. Our terrace suite rooms are truly a hidden gem in Bangkok and offers such a large terrace with some of the best views in Bangkok. Thanks again and we will very much look forward to your return.

booknow@rembrandtbkk.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (730)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

I checked into this hotel twice in the last three weeks. The first time I was in room 900 which was a very nice Deluxe room with wooden floor and recently renovated. The second time I was put in 1509 which was apparently a deluxe room but had a rather worn carpet and all the tables and work surfaces were very badly marked. I was rather tired of the hotel by this stage and could not even be bothered to complain about it.

As I said the facilities in this hotel are generally very good especially when you can get a room here for £30 a night but I can no longer tolerate the poor attitude and sometimes rudeness of the reception staff and particularly the bell-boys. I will give some examples.

Firstly, when checking in for the second time I was in the process of explaining that I had requested a room on the other side from my previous visit. The receptionist and her colleague were face down looking at the computer screen as I was talking. I actually had to stop and ask if anyone was listening too me. I found their behaviour rather rude and generally uncaring. It is worth pointing out that in over 6 check-in /checkouts I have never once heard the words "Welcome to the Rembrandt Hotel" or "Did you have a pleasant stay with us?" In fact the receptionists closing words on checkout were "Everything done sir" - not really what one would expect in a four star hotel.

Secondly, the bellhops and floor staff. Occasionally you would get a smile or a wai (Thai greting) from some but most of the time they would open the door and barely acknowledge you. In fact you almost felt like you were interrupting their conversation by making them open a door for you. Anyone new to Thailand might not worry too much about this but for those like myself who have spent a lot of time here, know how wonderful and friendly Thai people can be. Frankly they bring shame on their country, known as the Land of Smiles

Thirdly, I bring attention to a letter in the room which alerts guest to the illegal taxis which sit outside hotels in Bangkok, including this one and advises guests to be wary of them. They are only illegal in the sense that they don't want to turn on their meter and charge a much higher set fare. It is good of the hotel to educate guests of pitfalls such as these. However, the hotel loses a lot of credibility when their own bellboys are clearly working with these illegal taxis, and quite possibly making a little commission for themselves. It was common practice for them to hail taxis from across the street when a guest needed a taxi and I witnessed it many times while smoking outside. When I was checking out I asked one of the more decent bellboys how much it would cost for a taxi to the airport. He told me about 400 baht altogether. I asked if I had to pay highway tolls and he replied no - 400 baht altogether which is actually not much more than the metered fare plus tolls. As the taxi was coming in, another bellboy came across and asked his colleague how much I was paying and complained that he should have told me 500. I guess he assumed I couldn't speak Thai but having lived in Thailand some time ago my Thai is still pretty good. I could have had angry words with him but decided to let it go.

I should mention some of the plus points of the hotel. The lobby is extremely nice and would not be out of place in a 5 star hotel. The swimming pool area is fine, though the pool is a little small and can be hard to swim if there are too many kids in the pool. The gym is small but would suit most persons needs for a quick workout while away. The housekeeping staff always cleaned and serviced the rooms well and would always smile and say hello to you in the corridors - let the other staff take note! I didn't take breakfast this time but I have always found it to be excellent in the past.

I am at a loss to explain the un-Thai like service of this hotel. I would like to say it was just me but I observed others being treated in a similar way. Indeed I saw a receptionist scold a Chinese family whose kids were very excited and warned them not to disturb other guests when they went to their room. I understand her concern but she behaved like a school teacher scolding her students.

I have turned a blind eye long enough as I have considered it value for money. This time I will not be back and will probably return to the Landmark who treat their guests professionally, courteously and with respect.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Alboy1975
Dear Alboy1975:

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Rembrandt Hotel during your recent trip to Bangkok and for taking the time to post your feedback. We can assure you that we take all of the comments from our guests seriously in an attempt to continuously improve.Your comments have been discussed with all of the relevant parties and we are sorry that you feel that we failed to meet your expectations. Thanks again and we wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

Booked this hotel before the trip for 2 nights when i landed for a bit of luxury to start the trip. Couldn't have asked for much more, 5 minute taxi from Khao San Road and in a position with many shops and restaurants walking distance.

Pool was big and clean. Rooms were basic but very good, bed is absolutely massive! Highly recommend for a few nights to start/end the trip.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Ben L
Dear Ben L:

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Rembrandt Hotel during your recent trip to Bangkok and for taking the time to post your feedback. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we are so glad that you found our beds to your liking as so many of our guests do. Our location offers such a good starting point to explore the entire city. Thanks again and we hope that you will return soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel great staff great location very helpful with explaining the sky train , recommending places to go and as we there when the riots started they advised us on where to go and not to go we had a miss hap with a taxi driver and they were very helpful with their advise

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Phillipa S
Dear Phillipa S:

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Rembrandt Hotel during your recent trip to Bangkok and for taking the time to post your feedback. Your concise post really highlights some of the key aspects of the hotel that we pride ourselves upon. Our associates are always there to help and strive to exceed the expectations of our guests. Thanks again and we shall look forward to your return.

Dartford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed at the Rembrandt Hotel in Bangkok for 3 nights before going to Phuket, on arrival at the hotel the entrance was very grand and the Pianist was playing music which gave it a good vibe and elegant feel. All staff were welcoming and polite and the room was always clean and tidy when returning. We were very impressed with the technology used in the rooms such as key card access and the bed side digital panel which controlled all lighting, A/C and alarm Clock as well as maid call button. The room had all standard needs e.g. tea making facilities as well as a kettle, ironing board, hair dryer and laundry service. The bath room was very big and well kept, the TV had a large choice of channels for all cultures. If i had to give a bad remark the only one would be that our room was that the view was of a building site but as there was no balcony it wasn't too much of a problem.
The hotel offered their own Tuk Tuk service and the only restaurant we managed to eat at the hotel was an award winning Mexican restaurant, Senor Pico, the food was delicious and well worth a try!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Eric H, General Manager at Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear RyanMelissa2014:

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Rembrandt Hotel during your recent trip to Bangkok and for taking the time to post your feedback. Your comments are well received and we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests and it seems as though we did just that. Senor Pico is our amazing Mexican restaurant and does have its own Trip Advisor page if you would be so kind. Thanks again and we hope that you will return soon.

bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Me and my husband stayed for 3 nights in July on our honeymoon and loved it!
It was our first time to Thailand and we would definitely book again at this hotel!
Grand lobby and air con was great compared to the 33 degree of heat outside!
Hotel very clean and rooms are just what you need, large bed and great size bathroom. We had a view of the pool which was nice but other than that view would be better over other side of hotel, although we didn't book this hotel for a nice view from the bedroom. We wanted a clean, spacious room to be used as a space to rest between busy trips and days out! We booked excursions through the hotel and they were very helpful and the price was good. Tour guide was very helpful and comfortable trip to the grand palace, only 4 people on tour so felt well looked after. Breakfast was good and we ate in the Mexican restaurant and the Italian during our stay both were very good. Sky train was very close and great food, massage and shopping near by. We visited Khao San road at nighttime, pat pong market is great for some shopping and lively bars. We also visited the sky bar featured in the hangover 2 film. The Dome at Lebua hotel has the sky bar on its 63rd floor and is well worth a visit. We had dinner in the restaurant too, we hadn't booked so we were offered the 7 course taster menu and was AMAZING. We had a little taster of everything and everything was incredible! Service, food, and drinks are top class and so is the price, but well worth it! You also vet 360 view of Bangkok by night and drinks at the sky bar, which were to amazing! The best end to our honeymoon!
Near to the hotel, in walking distance there is a small strip of bars, mainly ladyboy orientated but well worth a visit even if to sit and watch people....
Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel and location to get around Bangkok.

Room Tip: Maybe book a room higher than floor 9 and not overlooking the pool, I also think all hotel rooms in...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hannah118Bristol
Dear hannah118Bristol:

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Rembrandt Hotel during your recent trip to Bangkok and for taking the time to post your feedback. The title of your post "Brilliant Stay" is all that we can ask for in terms of guest satisfaction and your recommendation is sincerely appreciated. Thanks again and we hope that you will return sooner than later.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

From Eric, the GM of the hotel comes the directions to the team. Excellent service, warm and friendly staff and one of the most friendly Lounge to conduct your business. Wonderful place to stay for business and leisure

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Narender P
Dear Narender P:

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Rembrandt Hotel during your recent trip to Bangkok and for taking the time to post your feedback. We sincerely appreciate your acknowledgement of our management team and the services we provide. Thanks again and we shall look forward to your return.