I stayed in a deluxe suite from the 6th to the 9th. I note that some staff tend to lie to save themselves the trouble of having to do more work.
Prior to checking in, I had liased with the Mr. JINATI Rachata about the possibility of a late check out. He said that it would be possible depending on the availability on the room.
When we checked in on the 6th, the staff at the counter flatly rejected our request, saying that the room was unavailable.
This was a lie, because I was able to perform another booking for another deluxe room on the 9th and the room was available.
I was able to deposit some of my stuff with the hotel on the 3rd which was a good thing, but when I enquired with the bell boy if I could ride the tuk-tuk out, he claimed it "had problem". But later, I approached the counter and was told that I could ride the tuk-tuk out.
Maybe the bell boy jinx it, because during the stay, the tuk-tuk DID INDEED break down on the 8th. I've read other reviews for President hotels constantly having problems with the tuk-tuks.
The bathroom's shower came without a door, as though someone had removed it. The bathtub did not come with curtains too. As a result, the bathroom was constantly very wet and slippery.
The hotel looked dirty from the outside and we could hear the conversation from the next room and it sometimes made sleeping difficult at night. The room clearly needed more sound proofing.
The room was spacious and the dvd borrowing service was nice, but the breakfast selection was limited and hardly changes.
I would think twice before visiting this hotel again..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the very center of bustling Bangkok, at Sukhumvit Soi 15, Royal President hotel provide a serene setting where you can relax, stretch out and feel at home, yet have all the convenience and fun of this great city within very easy reach. Less than 10 minutes on foot will take you to the Nana BTS Skytrain and Asok MRT subway stations. The renowned Terminal 21 shopping mall is also nearby, as is Robinson Department Store, while this part of Sukhumvit Road and its various offshoots are crammed full of restaurants, clubs, pubs, shops and entertainment outlets. The 186 apartments include suites and rooftop penthouses, with a common design theme that combines a warm ambience with a modern layout. Royal President has a main building flanked by two wings, Park and Garden, so that residents have easy access to the lobby, swimming pool, fitness center and the Royal Brasserie restaurant. Opposite the main building is the Court Wing, which provides all-suite accommodation that will be appreciated by families and residents who require extra space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal President reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal President Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Royal President Hotel Bangkok