“A quieter location close to transport crossroads”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal President

Royal President
Ranked #412 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Brisbane, Australia
“A quieter location close to transport crossroads”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I frequently stay in this hotel because I'm happy with the service and location. The rooms in the main building are spacious and clean while those in the Court Wing are even more spacious though a little aged. I have enjoyed the unexpected upgrade to the Court Wing on two occasions. The front desk staff have always been friendly, welcoming and accommodating to my requests. In room facilities are great so much so that it is comfortable to be indoors without feeling shut-in. The front-of-house shop is convenient for those small needs and eliminates a long walk to the main roads looking for a 7-11 Store. The free in-room tea and coffee and free internet are there too. Fabulous!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear K.Rod,

Greeting from Royal President !

First of all we have to thank you on your kind comment in Tripadvisor for your recent stay and experience with us. We are really glad that you have a pleasant stay at Royal President.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to our Hotel in the near future.
And if you have any request pls feel free to contact us directly.

Puttipop L./ Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights last week and enjoyed my stay so much that I am back here now for 5 nights.
The hotel is in a good location on Sukhumvit Soi 15, near enough to the bars and restaurants, but far away enough not to be noisy. It's about a 10 minute walk to the BTS sky train station.
Breakfast is good with a wide range of different things to choose from.
All the staff here are friendly and helpful.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Bluenosedub,

Thank you so much for your kind support and such a great feedback about your recent stay with us posted on TripAdvisor.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again and soon.
If you have any request please feel free to contact me anytime

Puttipop L./ Hotel Manager
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed for 9 nights in a junior suite. Not bad but old and needs a clean up. Carpets terrible, taps broken and generally a bit run down and tired. We were not told that we were being housed across the road and down a bit in the Court Wing which is the old part of the hotel - a pain in the backside when you want a swim as you have to get dressed to cross the street and by the time you walk back after the swim you are not and sweaty again ! If we ha d know that the hotel had two parts and we were not In the part with the pool and restaurant we would not have chosen to stay here.
The general staff were great (although three days we did not get the free water in our room ) but reception staff need some training in helpfulness. After 9 days ( and we did not complain about anything during our stay ) we asked for a later check out as our flight was not until later in the evening and we have a young child. Our room was booked so I understand not being able to stay in our room past check out time but when I asked if we could book another room for an afternoon (happy to pay ) they would not even discount the price at all even though we would not be having breakfast etc ) as we were checking out that evening. The price they quoted me was twice what the internet (Agoda and Booking.com) quoted so we booked next door and moved all our gear across the street for a couple of hours ! Left a very poor taste in our mouths and probably will prevent us from coming back here. We had a similar experience in Bali and the staff there bent over backwards to help us and make us comfortable for the afternoon.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Court Wing
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Martin D
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

The first impression towards the deluxe room was that it was so giant! Facilities are pretty fully equipped given the hotel's price. The view is a little at its downside as the hotel is mostly surrounded by tall buildings within the area. Overall room is clean - only some minor stains around the tap above the bathtub and some minor dust on the phone. Breakfast is okay - better than some other hotels at this price in Bangkok though. The location is a little deep in the avenue, but the hotel provides shuttle service every half an hour so it's not much of a hassle for us. One major improvement needed is the WIFI connection as it's really slow. I basically had to walk to the passage in front of our room to get stronger signal as that is where the WIFI router is located. The pool is kinda small and a little shaded. You may need to walk up the stairs to get some good sun and tan yourself up. Also, my boyfriend and I LOVE the fitness center. I seem to have found my new interest towards this running machine. Drinking water is also provided in the center so it's pretty much convenient when you need to quench your thirst. It's a good place to stay and I'd likely recommend this place to you travelers!

Room Tip: Expedia offered a deluxe room with breakfast at equal price to a superior room during the time I boo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank o0ovivo0o
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

I stayed here on 1st April 2014 for 4 nights and this is a very nice and quiet hotel...walking distance to Terminal 21 and BTS Asok.

The staff here is friendly and nice.

The only problem I have with this hotel is the limited TV channels but when u are in BKK, u will out most of the time anyway

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Michael C,

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to read that you were delighted with the hotel location and its peaceful environment and most importantly, our staff hospitality. Also, with regards to a more variety of TV channels, we will be discussing this with our Engineering team for future improvement.

The team and I look forward to having you with us again very soon.

Thitichai I. / Hotel Manager - Royal President Hotel
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

The Royal President Bangkok is the best hotel for the money. I have stayed there 4 times, in the refurbished wing, and really enjoyed the cleanliness and all the amenities in the room. I stay in a small room that does not have a good view but I have my flat screen TV, 3 telephones, (bed, desk and bathroom), kitchen with microwave (no stove), sitting area, desk with WiFi, separate stall shower and bathtub, full controls at bedside including controls for the air conditioner. Free breakfast includes western and Asian food. About 3 blocks from the main street, Sukhumvit, where all the action is including the skyway and subway. Management is always on top of things and are great to work with.

Room Tip: I believe my room is 505 in the new wing.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear sacmabSimiValley,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad to know that you had a great stay with us. Your comments regarding the team here are most encouraging and nothing motivates us more than to know from you that we made your stay an enjoyable one.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards,

Thitichai I.
Hotel Manager / Royal President Hotel
Aktau, Kazakhstan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have been staying at the RP on and off for 15 years, it has consistently remained good.
An ideal location very close to all of Sulhumvit's attractions and transport (BTS and MRT).
Staff are friendly and helpful.
Internet is slow.
I would highly recommend the royal President.

Room Tip: Court Wing (Separate form main building) are quiet although no outside windows for the most part.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Nigel H,

Thank you for writing such wonderful comments about your recent stay with us.

As a team we strive for one thing only, to build long term relationships with our guests through exceptional service delivery and your positive feedback is therefore very encouraging and motivating indeed.

I have taken on board your comment regarding the internet speed and would like to assure you that it will be passed on to our IT team for consideration on further improvement. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I am truly delighted to learn that everything went smoothly throughout your stay and we are eager to welcome you back for another brilliant stay.

Thitichai I. - Hotel Manager / Royal President Hotel