“Good Location & Very Helpful Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal President

Royal President
Ranked #415 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Location & Very Helpful Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We booked for ourselves and a group of friends to stay here for 3 nights before flying to our wedding elsewhere in Thailand. Before arriving I had ongoing contact with the hotel to arrange transfers, city tours and tickets to see Muay Thai for all our guests. They couldn't have been more efficient and helpful, they always responded to my enquiries quickly and everything was booked and sorted for when we arrived. They made the collection of our guests and check in for everyone really easy and stress free.
The rooms are a good size and clean, despite being in a fairly busy area the room was very quiet. The hotel is a short walk to a skytrain station and a large shopping centre called Terminal 21, there are also some nice bars and restaurants close by (try Above Eleven on top of the Fraser Suites for a great view).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear bombecka19,

Thank you for choosing the Royal President Hotel for your recent holiday and for your positive review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your lovely feedback and we are glad that your stay was fabulous. We are very proud of the performance from our hotel staff and that we will surely pass your kind words on to them. Thank you very much again for your business given. We look forward to the pleasure of hosting you and your friends again soon with our own tradition of warm and friendly hospitality.

Thitichai I. / Hotel Manager - Royal President Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

This suite was a pleasant surprise - very large two-roomed suite (bedroom and lounge), great location, close to all amenities, tasty breakfast, good wifi, washing machine in suite which is a blessing when travelling. A little dated but we were delighted to have the extra room and facilities.
All staff willing to assist with all requests.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Brian A,

Thank you very much for your kind review about our property. At Royal President Hotel, we take a great pride in being "a home away from home", as we try to offer all of the conveniences you would need during a short or long stay, whether for business travel, or family vacations. I will be sure to pass your wonderful comments along to our staff members! Thank you again for your review!

Beit Shemesh, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

The staff couldn't have been more helpful pleasant and thoughtful and everything with a smile.
I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend them. The room was clean and nice. The advice they gave me on where to go and what to do was excellent
Do not think for a second more just stay here!!!!

Room Tip: Lower floors more convenient
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Yitzhak T,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed hospitality of our hotel staff.

I will be sure to share your compliments with the team, they will surely be delighted and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

Only stayed here for 2 nights with my friend. The hotel was very modern, with nice clean, spacious rooms, and in the perfect location. It is a 5 minute walk to Asok BTS station, which is also next to tonnes of markets on the streets and a huge shopping centre (Terminal 21).
The gym was rather tiny however, and the outdoor pool was wedged between surrounding buildings, so doesn't receive much sun. So if you are after a nice tan, not the best pool!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear dougiebell14,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your opinion on TripAdvisor giving an insight onto your personal impressions; we are glad to receive your excellent rating and feel very much honored with it.

On the other side, we feel sorry about the lack of more sunlight around our pool area and of course we will be taking your constructive criticism into account.

We would be looking forward to welcoming you soon again at Royal President Hotel and wish you a nice weekend.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Couple of times I have used Royal President over the last few years for business travel. The location is close to sukhumvit nightlife and it has a good gym, good dining, WiFi in room, etc. Excellent and friendly reception staff and complimentary tuk tuk to nearby destination every half hour.

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor corner pool view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear hurrimoon,

Thanks for such a nice review! We are thrilled to know how much you enjoyed your time with us. It sounds like you had a great time walking to nearby restaurants and nightlife. Thank you for staying with us. We are looking forward to your next stay!

uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

By now I have lost track of how many times I have stayed here … I come to Bangkok three times a year and have been using the Royal President for a few years now.
Some of the fixtures and fittings are a bit old but that's the only negative thing you can say about the place. The staff really make this a great place to stay - a large proportion of them know me well now and on my last visit one even remembered how I like my eggs done :)

I have reviewed this place at least three times before but as the manager asked me yesterday to review it again, I am happy to do so.

I love this place - even the jolly lady that cleans my room gave me a hug on the morning I departed - I almost feel part of the family.

For the new visitor, the hotel is in a great location, near plenty of shops and the BTS sky train by which you can access most places in Bangkok.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank UkJohnm
Dear UkJohnm,

It was indeed our great pleasure to serve you again during your time in Bangkok. We appreciate you coming back to stay with us. Thank you for mentioning how much you enjoyed your stay and interactions with our staff members. We appreciate all of your feedback and are looking forward to your return!

Napier, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have used Royal President many times over the last 4 years for business travel. The location is close to everything, with a good gym, good dining, WIFI in room, reasonable cost. Excellent reception staff and conference facilities. Only negative is the lack of non-smoking separate bedroom apartments.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street front have much more light than those at the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Mark L,

Thank you for your constructive feedback on your recent and repeated visit to us here in Bangkok.

We believe in providing great service and our dedication is to maintain and constantly improve the guest experience. From your rating I can see that you were not fully satisfied with your stay this time and I wish we could have fully lived up to your expectations.

I believe that your review speaks for itself and within the Royal President Hotel team we have gone through the pros and cons in your detailed feedback. By the way; great to hear that you liked our hotel location, gym, dining facilities, WiFi in room, value for money, hospitality of staff and our conference facilities.

You have got a point about smoking/non-smoking rooms and in-room lighting, it is always good to specify what you expect, so we know and you are satisfied with the choice. Every need and request is unique, depending on the specific trip. We love to hear what our customers are expecting from us, and then enjoy adding an extra dimension to the trip by creating a unique experience.

Should you ever come our way again, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly and I will personally make sure we make you feel at home away from home.