“A good hotel with responsive staff and great breakfast. Be aware about the charges”
Review of Royal President

Royal President
Ranked #389 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I wanted a hotel for our family reunion and we took 2 junior family suites. we were give the Suites in court wing which is in a alley around 50 meters from main building the suites were well appointed and were clean. It has a nice living area with TV DVD player and many channels however channel quality was a sore point. each suite had 2 bedrooms 1 with king bed and dressers and other with a queen bed and lots of storage space both bedrooms had attached bathrooms with bath tub. They have free wifi as well. Staff was very responsive and room service is good too.

Only issue we felt was the charges which are levied on you for extra services are on higher side so negotiate in advance.

This Hotel is conveniently located at walking distance from terminal 21 mall and BTS station. very secure place with a guard on duty below the wing and must try are the massage shops next to the court wing.

Beware of the taxi guys standing outside hotel they tend to charge more or drive you towards the shops which give them commissions. best is to ask hotel desk for taxi call.

Negotiate well with the hotel travel desk we were quoted 1500 bhat for trip to safari world in a Toyota innova vehicle however we finally negotiated a more luxurious 10 seater van for 800 bhat.

Overall it is a good hotel and I will stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kamalbatra
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear kamalbatra,

Thank you for posting a lovely review on TripAdvisor. We really appreciated your time and effort here. Your feedback will be used for continuous improvement of the hotel facilities and services i.e. TV channel quality.

With regards to charges on extra services i.e. sightseeing, kindly be advised that it is the outsource supplier who provides the tour services. Alternatively, our front desk is willing to provide you with tour options from other suppliers for price comparison, the guests can then negotiate directly with any of these operators for the best and agreeable deal.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again and soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I've been in the last 8 years many times in Thailand, and every time I spend between 3 to 7 days in Bkk. And my choice it's always about Royal President! The location it's great: It's an hotel near sukhumvit road, so in the best area, near the bts stops ASOK and Nana!
In that side of the street there is always a nice street market, as as well pharmacy or 7eleven or whatever you need.
About nightlife, in soy 11 there are many clubs I use to go, so you spend like 1 minute in the taxi.
The hotel has 2 parts, the building and another part separated, called court wing. The rooms are very big and you can ask for a junior suite or a suite, you get a nice bedroom with a living room and kitchen.
I like both the sides of the hotel, court wing it's cheaper, the principal building it's a little more expensive but the rooms are also better. But in both cases the rooms and also the bathroom are high quality standard. I got once also the family suite so if you are in 3 or 4 it's a very good choice.
The staff it's great, Pattana, Chol and the other women at the reception and front office are very nice and gentle and always smiling. We asked them many things and they are always very comprehensive with us ... The guys at the door are also very nice and the breakfast when I found the time to go, it's always very good and you can eat all that you want. The cleaning it's always very good and they did anytime I had the exigence to clean my room even in the evening. Me and my friends we have also many girlfriends there so they never give me a problem and they are comprehensive about that :)
I will definitely go back there as I did in the last 8 years. I also suggested the hotel to my Italian friends and all of them had a good experience and went back there already 2 times. I don't even look for another hotel, Bkk for me means Royal President.. See you soon!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Hi, i have stayed in this hotel before and i liked it however the suite looks better with a better view however that is much not of the issue. i would like to know which one is the new wing and also we are four people so if we take the junior family suite will we fit?! Cuz i think it said in the 2 rooms one of the room has a single bed! Could someone please guide me thanks!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed in the new wing and had a decent four star hotel room ....big room with queen size bed
desk, couch, chairs, and coffee table ,fridge ,microwave and digital safe,plenty of storage space
breakfast buffet style catering for for a multi cultural guest list...would like to have choice of eggs..
staff were exceptionally pleasant and helpful and professional..happy to go back next time..
good location with bts skytrain and metro station less than three minutes walk away..
sure not perfect but great value and friendly
good for singles and family alike
very close to many nightlife bars and activities but far enough away to be quiet at night

Room Tip: new wing is best
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank grahamhope42
Reviewed August 17, 2013

our stay was very good and comfortable

The best part about the hotel is their service.I had booked Deluxe studio room through make my trip and had written a mail to Royal President customer care to provide me room on high floor with a view. I got a mail from them stating they will try to accommodate my request to the best of their abilities. This give me a lot of positive energy that the staff is responsive.

We had a plumbing issue as the toilet flush was not working and no sooner had I placed the call to room service within 2 mins there was a plumber at the door who quickly fixed the issue.

Similar thing happened with A/c , there was an issue with cooling and within minutes of calling room service, the technician was there to fix the problem.

The hotel is close to happening places including Indra square mall which is excellent place for shopping, walking distance from Robinson and Terminal 21 mall. The staff is very friendly and I even got an early checkin at no charge as the room was available

The breakfast spread was decent , the main drawback being egg station was not in the main dining floor and If I had not overheard someone ordering eggs I would not have known that there is a egg station facility. The spread consisted of cold cut (Ham/pork), fresh fruit, juices,tea coffee, noodles or rice and an Indian dish( poori bhaji), pan cake.

The pool is small and nothing great about it as it is in middle of buildings with hardly any sunlight.

Overall a good stay. Would definately recomend the hotel

Room Tip: Choose a room on higher flow as the low floors are surrounded by buildings and have no view at all
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Amit_Rai
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Royal President is an impressive stay for cleanliness, hospitality, tasty breakfast, customer care and safety. I strongly recommend for family as it is situated quite close to all amenties.
We would stay there again,
Many Thanks,
Dr Rama
Darwin,
Australia

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Ramamoorthi J,

Thank you for this. On behalf of the management, I am truly delighted to learn that
you are impressed with your recent stay experience at the Royal President Hotel.

The key purpose of every business and organization is to get and keep their customers.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I was given a deluxe room in old wing. The room was bad, the hotel needs revamp, though the staff is good & helpful. Hotel needs renovation. Blanket was torn. Shower was broken, toilet pump used to make sound. Bed used to move ahead if sat in sitting position. Overall bad experience with amenities.
I had booked this hotel under a special offer, which mentioned book now pay later, but the hotel debited my card & gave me the charge slip. I informed the duty manager, it was unethical & refused to sign the charge slip, he accepted the mistake & agreed to resolve the issue.
Breakfast is ok, if you are vegetarain, there is only puri Bhaji as option. There are good Indian restaurants nearby, that's why I booked this hotel. The hotel offers free tuk-tuk to Nana BTS and we used to have food at Arya's, vegetarian Indian restaurant, very close to Nana BTS. Do try it.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Sandeepkannan

Dear Sandeepkannan,

I am regretful to learn that we failed to meet your overall expectation.

I accept as true there are some of our hotel rooms that needs a renovation. It is now a serious work in progress for us to uplift 16 hotel rooms with purchasing all new electrical appliances for these rooms. We should be able to have the newly refurbished rooms available for our future guests in the next coming 2 - 3 months from now.

Now, with regards to your booking made on hoteltravel.com, the conditions are in point of fact clearly stated on the voucher that total price of reservations will be charged on the day of booking. The booking is non-refundable and cannot be amended or modified. Failure to arrive at the hotel will be treated as a no-show and no refund will be given. If your travel plans are not certain, try booking one of HotelTravel.coms Free Cancellation rooms. This is why we proceeded with the charge prior to your arrival unless instructed otherwise by the online travel agency.