Royal President
$214
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
$54
$21
All reviewscourt wingjunior suitemain buildingtuk tukmini martfront office managerdvd playerhome away from homesukhumvit areawashing machinepleasant staybig roomlocation is greatstandard roombts stationkitchenettenana
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at Royal President on a stopover to Angkor Wat and then during the return. Very friendly staff who helped store most of our luggage in the cloak room as we proceeded to Siem Reap as backpackers. Good limo (actually tuk tuk) service to the BTS. As an old place, some of the rooms may feel claustrophobic than the others. Overall, was pleasant!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on one side where construction is happening;
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dmanair
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Dmanair,

Thank you for spending your valuable time to write a review for us on TripAdvisor.

There are only two ways to get a new customer; one is to solicit a new customer any way you can. Another is to take good care of your present customers, so they do not become someone else's new customers.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

hm@royalpresident.com

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have raved about this place before, and I stopped going due to the noise of the construction work next door. But i went back last week and was sadly disappointed.

The are a number of staff changes and the friendly bell boys have gone, no rush to greet me and my driver had to ask them to assist with luggage.

reception remembered me but it felt disingenuous, and the refreshing drink is no longer served.

The rooms are sadly looking very tired and worn out and there was an issue with the electrical controls in my room. The shower cubicle doesn't contain the water so the floor outside was swamped, and the bed was not comfortable.

Breakfast was just ok but the hotel is catering for the indian market which was reflected in the choice for breakfast.

I really cant find anything good to say, I'm sad to say, because I have enjoyed staying here over the last 5 years, The new Management company need to look closely or except that they have moved into a different market, in which case I am moving on.

Room Tip: Get up high as the lower rooms are very dark
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JustJack112
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear JustJack112,

Thank you very much for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.

I trust you and our future guests will agree with me that people move in and out all the times
to pursue their new challenges in work life and especially for their career growth.

We recently recruited many new and friendly staff with their great service minds to take a good care of our hotel guests here.

JustJack112, I fully understand that you expect to see the same faces to greet you or take a good care of you as you were well taken care of before in the past here. Our new staff is willing to do the same things if you just give them a chance.

For your information, the refreshing drink with cold towel is still being served to our arrival guests.

I accept as true that there are still some rooms in which refurbishment is needed.

The refurbishment of 16 rooms at Court Wing (Tower 3) is something we will start with,
it is expected to begin in Quarter 2 this year including repainting, wooden work, lighting and purchasing new electrical appliances.

After receiving your comments on in-room electrical controls and a clog in the main drainpipe beneath the shower cubicle, our Engineering team inspected the room without delay and already fixed both issues.

As for the bed, they are medium-firm mattress, or a firm mattress with a softer pillow top, which will give your spine that "just-right" balance of support and cushioning. Anyway, we do understand that some guests may like soft bed more.

Most important thing is we put every efforts to keep our hotel rooms cleaned and
well-maintained for our guests.

The fact is "Japanese" nationality represented 51.90% of our hotel guests here followed by India (7.62%), Philippine (4.46%), Thailand (6.17%), UK (6.49%), USA (5.84%), Korea (4.39%), Australia (4.80%), UAE (5.81%) and China (2.51%).

JustJack112, our head chef design our daily breakfast menu options to cater dietary needs of most guests from various countries, not for one nationality in particular.

Many of our guests think lower floor rooms are bright enough for them, instead they can comfortably sleep at night after spending a long day outside. The rooms actually come with cozy ambiance, so with curtains opened, light fixtures and lamps turned on, they are actually good rooms to live in.

Anyway, people with different perspective will have different expectations.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have been at Royal President 6 days. The room is superficially clean (i.e. no major health hazards) but could do with a thorough clean. Most things in the unit need repair - loose wardrobe doors, lights not working, toilet doesn't flush properly, shower door doesn't close, shower head above bath leaks more than showers etc., but they are not unliveable. The front desk staff are dour to to point of sour and don't offer anything more than the bare minimum in service. The doormen, however, are wonderful. But the location is good, close enough to the BTS to be a comfortable walk, plenty of places to eat around (the hotel food isn't great), Robinsons supermarket is handy. Unit has a kitchenette but nothing suitable to make a meal (no sharp knife, no way to wash dishes, no plug for the sink, no dishcloths etc. I would say it is a little overpriced in that it doesn't live up to its advertising ... But you could get far worse. With a good scrub, friendly staff, a little attention to detail and a few very basic repairs it would be great.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sonja S

Dear Sonja S,

Thank you very much for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.

Your feedback is valuable and will be used for our continuous improvement.

After receiving your comments, we, without delay, fixed the loose wardrobe doors and a shower door, replaced light bulbs and a shower head, while toilet can now flush properly. A spring cleaning has also been carried out.

Front desk staff here is usually well known to our guests for their service mind and friendliness including the doormen so I would appreciate if you could share with me more so that we can improve our service if need be and/or conduct necessary training for our staff.

Yes, the hotel is located in a very close proximity to BTS, you can either take a walk or use our 3-wheel shuttle service. There are plenty of restaurants along Sukhumvit Road i.e. fine dining, fast food, local and so forth.

For our "Royal Brasserie", we are now in the process of creating many more new menu items to have a variety for our hotel guests in which we expect to complete the task within this month. Besides, we have brought back our 24-hour room service operations since 8 Mar 2013, the guests can now order their food and drinks around the clock.

The kitchenette is actually meant to accommodate our long stay bookings (monthly / yearly), however our short stay guests can simply call "Housekeeping" to ask for a sharp knife, dishcloths and so forth on request in case they wish to do some cooking in rooms.

On behalf of the management, I do apologize for not being able to fulfill your expectation during your most recent stay with us but I do sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to service you.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I spent 5 days at the Royal President. The location is about a 10 minute walk to the main street, but the tuktuk runs every 30 minutes and will drop you off very close to Terminal 21 Mall.

Check in was quick and efficient. I want to recognize Alice, who was the receptionist when I checked in. She did an excellent job, was very helpful, and when I needed to extend my stay for a day, made sure everything was taken care of.

If I have any complaint, it is that housekeeping did not get around to taking care of the room until the afternoon, even after indicating early in the morning that I would like the room taken care of. Other than that, everything was perfect.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear AllenLeigh,

Thank you very much for writing a positive review for us on TripAdvisor. We really appreciated your time and effort.

Yes, you are right, our hotel is located in a very close proximity to the main street and sky train stations i.e Nana and Asoke (we are somewhere in the middle, so pick your preferred spot).
Although, you can walk to Terminal 21, you can also choose to take our 3-wheel shuttle service and we will drop you off there.

AllenLeigh, Alice is one of the front desk staff we are very proud of. Providing customers with solutions is what we do here.

With regards to our housekeeping service, our little delay in servicing your room was resulted from us running full house everyday during your stay, we are taking this into serious considerations for a better and proper manning so that we can deliver our housekeeping service on time or when guests need.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

During Chinese New Year we stayed 2 days in Bangkok to get the basic tourist attractions on our list done. Quite in the center, good to reach in Area 53, not far from the "Hangover 2" locations (Rooftop restaurant and bar) for about 60 US$ a night. The rooms in the smokers building (opperside of the main building) where more like a junior suite, big living room with TV and stuff you anyway don't need. Breakfast was filling your stomach but for this category absolutely OK! Just check out that in the booking (online) is marked you breakfast is included.

Room Tip: for the smokers in the other building quite nice rooms, just make sure you keep the windows closed!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Meini H,

Thank you very much for posting a nice review for us on TripAdvisor. We really appreciated your time and effort. Our hotel was running full house for one whole week during Chinese New Year Festival, our customers booked us because they wanted to be close to what was happening in the city and especially when they wanted to be a part of Chinese New Year Celebration in Thailand i.e. dining, shopping, and/or night life entertainment. Our various room types here come with different sizes to cater the needs of single, couple and family.