“Horrible. Note more than a 2* Hotel”
Review of Royal President

Royal President
Ranked #410 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Jammu City, India
“Horrible. Note more than a 2* Hotel”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Sadly Nothing to Admire.

- No Reception - Just tables with unwelcoming staff.
- Deceptive photos. Actual Rooms are way shabby and guest house type
- very very poor experience. Please dont book here.

If you go there with your booking, they will throw you to an apartment building in the next lane with so called 'junior suite' which looks like a 2 star accommodation which isn't cleaned much at all.

Horrible for a 4 Star experience. Stay away and book somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank GD87
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear GD87,

First of all, thank you very much for your stay with us. On behalf of all staff members here, I am regretful to learn that we did not meet your expectation this time round.

GD87, it would be grateful if you could clarify more especially in terms of friendliness of staff and your poor stay experience for the aim of service improvement.

It is only with feedback such as yours that we can get better and better.
So we appreciate you helping us improve.

Hotel Manager at Royal President Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed with my husband and my 2 teenager girls.We had upgraded to family deluxe suites and stayed for 3 days 2 nights.We greeted by very friendly receptionist and the room very very spacious,clean nothing to complaint.Breakfast good ,variety of food,tuk tuk service every 30 minutes send us to train station,it should be good if they hv same service from train station to hotel cause still bit far,especially when is raining.location of hotel very good easy to go anywhere.A lot of shop around,at night hv a lot stall a long the street.Love to stay there again,specially room 702 A..
Thanks NOO.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear novi h,

I am very delighted to learn that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us. Guest feedback helps us to continuously shape policies and training. All guest reviews are shared with and communicated to all staff members here.

With regards to the pick-up service from the nearest sky-train stations to the hotel i.e. Asoke and NaNa, we actually do so on request and subject to availability of our 3-wheel shuttle, all you need to do is to call us 5-10 minutes in advance before you arrive at the station and we will be there to pick you up.

novi h, you can try this pick-up service next time you come to Bangkok and stay with us again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 28, 2012

had stayed in one of the family suites C-301,very nicely maintained suite.the staff is very cordial.good variety for veggies in the breakfast.hosekeeping excellent.front desk excellent.Mr Somchai P the duty manager was very friendly.

Room Tip: if traveliing with family..choose the family suite
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Rajesh a,

Thank you very much for posting your positive review on TripAdvisor. At Royal President, we put our best effort to cater variety of needs and preference of guests from around the globe.

One of our key strengths is that most of our staff members here have been working with the company for years so they know the needs of our guests very well. Somchai is playing an important role as one of our key associates at Front Office Department. We are very proud of him.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Royal President again soon.

uk
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed for two visits, first in a deluxe room then a week later in an annexe apartment. Service was excellent, great location, rooms clean and excellent value for money, very good buffet breakfast. My third visit to this hotel and it will not be my last.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear eastcoastdave199Uk,

Thank you very much indeed for your frank and candid comments posted on Tripadvisor.
It is always nice to receive positive comments about our services and facilities especially
from a repeated guest like you.

We are delighted to hear you had a lovely time “again” with us and it was a pleasure to have looked after you.

Hotel Manager @ Royal President Hotel
stoke -on trent
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel has normal bedrooms plus apartments. I stayed in an apartment. Very clean, spacious, air conditioning works great. Very handy for local bars and clubs but also nice and quiet so you get a good nights rest. Rooms cleaned, beds changed daily, also ironing service available. 24 hr security on doors, entry by card, very secure, also safes provided in all rooms.

Room Tip: I cannot comment on which is a good or bad room, as I only saw the room I was in, the situation of t...
1 Thank keith a
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear keith a,

Thank you very much for your review posted on TripAdvisor. I am glad to learn that you had
a pleasant stay with Royal President Hotel during your most recent trip here.

This is truly a great motivation for all staff here to only do better for hotel guests.

Every staff member in this hotel and I will look forward to welcoming you back
in your next trip to Bangkok.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located in Soi 15 in Sukumwith road and it is ideal for both single traveller or a family. For the price I have paid I think it is value for money. Only 5 minutes walk from popular Soi 11 bars and restaurants and 10 minute walk from Sky train (Asoke). You may get a free ride in the hotel tuk tuk if you ask nicely the front desk. Very spacious rooms and the staff are very friendly. Excellent room service and the restaurant offer both local and western dishes. The gym is ideally located on the ground floor and if you want to shed few lbs then it is a must visit. Overall it is a very good hotel and no doubt I would stay again.”

Room Tip: Beautiful views from higher floors
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Sean f,

First and foremost, I would like to say thank you very much indeed for choosing your stay at Royal President Hotel during this trip. Also, I really appreciate the time you have taken to review our hotel and hope this may be helpful to our future guests.

Above all, generous comments posted regarding your recent stay experience, they will definitely be shared among our staff members here and I am very certain that your positive comments / feedback will be a very big encouragement/motivation for them all.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This used to be my regular hotel in Bkk, but sadly to say this will be my last stay at RP.
I booked for 4 nights but checked out after 1 day, and moved to Kingston Suites just beside RP, which is 10x better than RP.
Why?
1) I booked a Deluxe room with promotion rate, but i was told that deluxe rooms were fully booked during check in, and they upgraded mine to Junior Suites (opposite main building). the 1st room given was smelly,old dated, even the on/off switch is dropping out!!. i requested to change. 2nd room more or less the same. i decided to check out immediately, but "suddenly" they told me there is a Deluxe Room available. OK, i took it, but felt they handle customer request very unprofessional way.
2) Din't notice any problem until next morning! there is no thick curtain in the room, meaning around 6am the room will become very bright, also, worker start to work at construction side just beside it around 8am.
3) i decided to check out and complained to the front desk old lady, guess what she said? she told me my booking is at promotion rate, is cheap and that's why the room given is at that "standard"!!....so please take note, if you want to book at promotion rate, prepare to get a "2nd class" room.

I'm coming for holiday, and expect to stay in a room which is better than my own back in hometown, not in a old, noisy room!! very disappointed with the staff reply and room condition, won't back to it. Now i'm writting this at Kingston Suites beside RP, value for money and 100% better than Royal President!!!

Room Tip: If you plan to book room at promotion rate, then pls prepare to get lousy room....
1 Thank THL_11
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear THL_11,

Firstly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience it may have been caused during your stay, we were very regretful that you were disturbed by noise from the construction site next door during your stay and that you had a bad service experience during check-in process.

The hotel policy at Royal President is to allow our guests to comment on their stay as they feel fit - and we welcome all comments good and bad. However, the trouble with TripAdvisor is that all of its reviews are based on personal opinion and how someone views something through his or her own eyes. Although this may be helpful and informative to many, it is still after all someone’s opinion. What may be bad for one person, may be perfectly acceptable to another and vice versa.

THL_11, for you giving feedback is invaluable to us as the service provider and we take your bad or negative review to help us put something right that we might not realize was wrong.

Our hotels has built up over time a good clientele of repeated guests from all over the world.
At the end of the day, the only way you will ever really know if something lives up to your standard is by trying it for yourself !!

Hotel Manager @ Royal President Hotel