“Excellent Service...Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #407 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service...Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located in Soi 15 in Sukumwith road and it is ideal for both single traveller or a family. For the price I have paid I think it is value for money. Only 5 minutes walk from popular Soi 11 bars and restaurants and 10 minute walk from Sky train (Asoke). You may get a free ride in the hotel tuk tuk if you ask nicely the front desk. Very spacious rooms and the staff are very friendly. Excellent room service and the restaurant offer both local and western dishes. The gym is ideally located on the ground floor and if you want to shed few lbs then it is a must visit. Overall it is a very good hotel and no doubt I would stay again.”

Room Tip: Beautiful views from higher floors
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Sean f,

First and foremost, I would like to say thank you very much indeed for choosing your stay at Royal President Hotel during this trip. Also, I really appreciate the time you have taken to review our hotel and hope this may be helpful to our future guests.

Above all, generous comments posted regarding your recent stay experience, they will definitely be shared among our staff members here and I am very certain that your positive comments / feedback will be a very big encouragement/motivation for them all.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

hm@royalpresident.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This used to be my regular hotel in Bkk, but sadly to say this will be my last stay at RP.
I booked for 4 nights but checked out after 1 day, and moved to Kingston Suites just beside RP, which is 10x better than RP.
Why?
1) I booked a Deluxe room with promotion rate, but i was told that deluxe rooms were fully booked during check in, and they upgraded mine to Junior Suites (opposite main building). the 1st room given was smelly,old dated, even the on/off switch is dropping out!!. i requested to change. 2nd room more or less the same. i decided to check out immediately, but "suddenly" they told me there is a Deluxe Room available. OK, i took it, but felt they handle customer request very unprofessional way.
2) Din't notice any problem until next morning! there is no thick curtain in the room, meaning around 6am the room will become very bright, also, worker start to work at construction side just beside it around 8am.
3) i decided to check out and complained to the front desk old lady, guess what she said? she told me my booking is at promotion rate, is cheap and that's why the room given is at that "standard"!!....so please take note, if you want to book at promotion rate, prepare to get a "2nd class" room.

I'm coming for holiday, and expect to stay in a room which is better than my own back in hometown, not in a old, noisy room!! very disappointed with the staff reply and room condition, won't back to it. Now i'm writting this at Kingston Suites beside RP, value for money and 100% better than Royal President!!!

Room Tip: If you plan to book room at promotion rate, then pls prepare to get lousy room....
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank THL_11
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear THL_11,

Firstly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience it may have been caused during your stay, we were very regretful that you were disturbed by noise from the construction site next door during your stay and that you had a bad service experience during check-in process.

The hotel policy at Royal President is to allow our guests to comment on their stay as they feel fit - and we welcome all comments good and bad. However, the trouble with TripAdvisor is that all of its reviews are based on personal opinion and how someone views something through his or her own eyes. Although this may be helpful and informative to many, it is still after all someone’s opinion. What may be bad for one person, may be perfectly acceptable to another and vice versa.

THL_11, for you giving feedback is invaluable to us as the service provider and we take your bad or negative review to help us put something right that we might not realize was wrong.

Our hotels has built up over time a good clientele of repeated guests from all over the world.
At the end of the day, the only way you will ever really know if something lives up to your standard is by trying it for yourself !!

Hotel Manager @ Royal President Hotel
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I liked the hotel but the front desk are so not helping i make a reservation by internet with my fathers c c when i came they ask me to bring the c c when its not with me they ask me to bay in cash and the house keeping leave v early at 4 pm but overall its nice place and some rooms are very noisy to i took a garden wing i think all rooms are noisy here the staff sometimes be friendlly

• Stayed November 2012
Dear siddig,

Thank you for your kind comments posted on TripAdvisor.

I am very certain you will agree with me that credit card allow you to easily and quickly make payment without having to worry about using cash or writing a check. However, credit card policies of most commercial banks are anything that applies to how credit cards get used
and we all need to follow them.

One of the policies is to prevent credit card fraud committed using a credit card or any similar payment mechanism as a fraudulent source of funds in a transaction either to obtain goods without paying, or to obtain unauthorized funds from an account, credit card fraud is also an adjunct to "identity theft".

For that reason, we also genuinely insist on our hotel policy that a credit card holder is one of our guests in hotel booking/check-in process to prevent credit fraud. This condition is clear and applies for all guests.

However, in your case, you are still able to book a room here using your father’s credit card number, but the hotel would require either a signed letter form by a credit card holder as
pre-authorization from the bank, or by a credit card holder actually presenting to a hotel reception to verify the transaction and his identity.

Now with regards to our housekeeping service, 16.30 hours latest on a daily basis is when our room maid will clean up dirty/occupied rooms for all in-house guests, so we will not compromise on privacy of our guests when they come back from outside in the evening, unless a DND (Do Not Disturb) sign is hanged on the doorknob or the guests are in the room and they decline the service at the time, then our duty manager will call the guests in the rooms to ask again if cleaning service is still needed for the day, in case you still need a daily cleaning service anytime after that, this can be prearranged on request.

Concerning the friendliness of staff and noise disturbance, we are taking your comments seriously for constant development, however, it would be more helpful if you could clarify
the issues/concerns.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Only one word for this hotel "Disaster". I booked this hotel due to it's location and the price but made a big mistake. From check in to check out. Here's my miserable one night story.

1. Arrival- Got out of taxi and no help offered. It's does happen to some 3-4star hotels in bangkok due to too many guest, but not this time. Door man was available and just looking right at my eye while i was struggling with my luggage.
2. Rooms- Maybe over ten years last time they renovated?
3. Breakfast- Bad hotels usually make the same mistake,not enough space to eat. Imagine 100 people trying to eat while only 60 seats available. I went down at 9 am and waited over 20minutes just to get a table.
4. Guest Service- If your going to have somebody come and see you at the hotel, just becareful. I had a female guest visit me but she was so angry because of the hotel staff. She said the old women at the front desk treated her like prostitutes.

I paid around$60 so i didn't expected too much, but expected $60 dollar range hotel service in bangkok. Trust me there's many good $60 range hotels in bangkok. Please skip this one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank thailove
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear thailove,

I apologise that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Thanks for taking the time to write your review – we do appreciate all feedback here, good or bad, as we strive to provide the best value for our guests.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

stayed 11 nights in standart room ; As overall I may just say nothing special ; Most of the customer says it is close to bts n mrt but in fact not ; it takes more than 15 minutes and the road you have to walk is not proper one (very narrow pavement) ; however usually from hotel to bts most of the time hotel tuk tuk shuttle available ; breakfast of hotel not wide selection but still not bad as well usually pastries were not so fresh made but thai hot meals usually fresh also egg station service good perfoming ; hotel pool and gym also average meets expectations at this class hotel . The room condition also need renovation especially showers lack of quality and shower soap dish inadequate and shakky even u cant locate 1 bottle shampoo properly ; One other negative side room service not properly clean the room usually underneaths of curtains full of dust ; wifi also not too strong reception

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear dobra59,

Rest assured that we are taking your comments very seriously for product and service improvement especially on pastries to be served during breakfast, bathroom facilities and cleanliness of the room. Our executive chef, chief engineer, and executive housekeeper will relook into these missing/underperforming issues themselves for the utmost satisfaction of our guests during their stay with us.

As for a distance from the hotel to BTS/MRT, it is much quicker if you take our free 3-wheel shuttle (5 minutes drive only).

Kind regards,

milano
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Semplicemente perfetto! Semplicemente perfetto per girare Bangkok! Siamo rimasti due notti! Il trenino veloce per girare la città è vicinissimo.
Simply perfect! Simply perfect for visiting and shopping in Bangkok! We stay 2 nights! The fast train to get around the city is very close.!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dear ManuSpoten,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. Yes, we could not agree with you more that Royal President Hotel is located within very close proximity to skytrain stations i.e. Nana and Asoke. In addition to that, a newly opened & happening shopping mall in town like "Terminal 21" is only 5 minutes away by our free 3-wheel shuttle (Tuk-Tuk) -- daily service until 10 pm. On your way back, there is no need for you to call a cab or walk back to the hotel with full hands of shopping bags, please call us 5 minutes before to pick you up from the spot. It is free-of-charge.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Not a bad hotel overall though the rooms in the wing we stayed in were outdated. Stayed in a one bedroom suite. The carpet, kitchen and lounge area looked like something from the early 80's. It was all wood and timber, though old fashioned. Felt like I was living my grandmothers house. Though it felt outdated, the rooms were quite clean. The bedroom was very large with a new bed. The bathroom may have been renovated and was clean and well equipped. There was no balcony but you can request a smoking room.

After staying in this hotel, I realised a balcony is a must have. Even just to step outside for a couple of minutes for some fresh Bangkok air is a good thing.

Breakfast was included and it was buffet style and everyday it varied a bit. Had lunch and dinner a few times at the hotel restaurant. Overall, the food was good.

Location wise, it was a bit of a walk to the main road but the hotel offered a free tuk-tuk shuttle service to the main road.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dear AndrewC70,

We accept as true that we have few rooms with old-fashioned furniture, with that, we now begin with a study of design and functionality of the space in order to develop attractive refurbishment plan for those few rooms. We plan to start the refurbishment sometimes towards the end of this year and to complete it within the first quarter of next year. This is not going to be a major renovation, therefore, they will not have any impact on stay experience of our guests.

Apart from the above-mentioned plan for upgrading our guest facilities, clean room, good service, variety of breakfast and value for money are what we emphasize on.