“Good place to stay in Bangkok” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Sukosol

The Sukosol
Ranked #149 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Good place to stay in Bangkok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Sukosol Hotel is located in central Bangkok. I was impressed with the room I stayed in which had all of the amenities you would expect of a 5* hotel, including bathrobe, slippers, toiletries, complimentary water and free Wi-Fi. The décor in the room and generally in the hotel is a blend of cosmopolitan and Asian style. The hotel staff were all very pleasant and helpful.

The hotel hosts three restaurants, a Cantonese restaurant, an International restaurant and a Thai restaurant. I didn't eat at the restaurants as there were so many places to visit in Bangkok. The hotel bar serves a wide range of drinks, including cocktails and has happy hour between 5pm and 7pm daily. The drinks prices in the bar were very reasonable and the staff very helpful. There is also a deli shop in the hotel where you can buy fresh cakes, pastries and tea and coffee. The deli shop also has happy hour (5pm - 7.30pm) where cakes and pastries are reduced by between 25-50%. There is a large outdoor swimming pool located on the 6th floor of the hotel which is surrounded by sun loungers. Drinks and snacks are served around the pool area. Whilst I was there I did not use the spa at the hotel.

The hotel is not near the airport so I got the Skytrain which travels above the city. The hotel is located over the road from the Skytrain Phaya Thai Station (exit 4) on the Sukhumvit Line. A ticket for the train can be bought from one of the machines in the airport. Be warned though, to cross the road we had to walk up many steps to cross the bridge over the road and many steps back down, which is not the easiest thing to do when carrying a heavy suitcase. I couldn't see any other option, you certainly couldn't cross over the road itself.

Whilst this hotel is in central Bangkok it was quite far away from all of the places we wanted to go like Khao San Road, RCA (Royal City Avenue), Chao Phraya River, Wat Arun and the Patpong night market. We chose to use Tuk-Tuks to transport us around the city as these were usually faster in heavy traffic as weaving in and out was easier and cheaper than taxis. Always agree the fare beforehand, but the driver would wait for us to finish whatever we were doing and then take us to the next place. He also gave us hid phone number so we could let him know when we wanted collecting. The road outside of the hotel is very busy and has many lanes so it wouldn't have been that easy to flag a Tuk-Tuk down from outside. If you are worried about pollution get a taxi instead as the traffic is very heavy. The hotel are willing to arrange taxi transport for guests.

Overall a very pleasant stay in a great hotel in Bangkok.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank 186403Traveller
SukosolHotels, General Manager at The Sukosol, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear 186403Traveller,

First, many thanks for writing such a detailed review, it is wonderful to read that overall you enjoyed your stay. I will be sharing your comments with the whole team, as we can continue to look for ways to improve.

As you mentioned, we are close to the Skytrain, but we are also very close to the Airport Rail Link, which is really the fastest way to get to the airport.

I hope that you will have a chance to visit us again soon for more Sukosol hospitality.

Philipp Frickhinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

The Sukosol Hotel is a very great hotel to stay in Bangkok. It location and services are quite good. The food is testy with reasonable prices and you can order at any time. It swimming poll is absolutely clean and pretty relaxable. Exercise room is full of modern and useful Equipments.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear SAROEUN-NBT6,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with The Sukosol, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our service, the pool and the gym.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

The location is great located, 5 min walking distance, for both the Airport Express rail link and the Sukhumvit line for the SkyTrain at Phaya Thai station.Hotel and room was nice and clean, but lack of smile from the staff ( need more improvement ),the banquet staff was helpful,
when my friend checked out with 3 bags and went to airport railink and the bellboy helped her to got there but when i checked out with 4 bags, nobody offer me help to got there

Room Tip: ask for the room at the corner of the building for bigger room space
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kamaratih
Dear kamaratih,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay. I am very sorry that you did not experience our usual Sukosol hospitality. We have discussed your review amongst our front office staff and I can assure you that our famous Thai smiles are back!

With regards to the bellboys, we try to go the extra mile for guests as much as possible (as your friend experienced), however I am very sorry that there was noone available when you checked out. We try extremely hard to ensure there is someone on duty at all times, but on rare occasions, all the bellboys are called away and for that we apologize.

I do hope you might still consider us for your next trip to Bangkok.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at The Sukosol from 30 May till 6 June, to attend the ASEAN regulator-industry meeting and workshop.

From checking in to checking out, everything was smooth as silk. I made a request over email for early check in on 30 May but was told subject to room availability. On my day of arrival, I was glad that my room was already made available for early check in. I was given the corner room, with a spacious bathroom with a vanity area for doing make up. Clean & comfy bedding for a good night sleep.
The housekeeping lady (cannot remember her name)who assisted with my laundry service was very helpful and polite, ever ready to offer help.

The front desk service staff are very service oriented and helpful. They are ever ready to offer help in giving directions and assist with getting taxi and informing taxi drivers in Thai of our destination. You can always feel the sincerity and genuineness, offering help with their heart and bright smile. I was impressed they remembered and addressed me by my name. It's a pity I cannot remember the hotel manager's name (Robin??) who assisted me with transport/logistics arrangements during my stay, ensuring total customer satisfaction.

During my stay, I dined at all the 3 restaurants in the hotel. All are superb in terms of service, food quality and choices. The fitness centre has all the necessary equipments for my daily workout.
The event/conference manager (lady) was also very efficient and attentive, always trying her best to address our concerns and needs.

I extended my stay due to emergency at local office but changed back to original plan as I managed to settle the issue. The arrangements from checking out, hotel transport arrangement and expediting the laundry service were done in a breeze.

Being away from home for quite a while, I am starting to miss my family and feeling a bit blue. Thanks the hotel staff for Going the Extra Mile in delivering total customer satisfaction and making my stay in The Sukosol safe, sound and satisfied! Kob khun ka!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Livelaughlovehi5
SukosolHotels, General Manager at The Sukosol, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear Livelaughlovehi5,

On behalf of the whole team, we thank you for taking the time to post your detailed feedback. It was our pleasure to look after you during your event and I am so pleased that we were able to meet your expectations across all areas of your stay.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us again, whether for business or pleasure, so that we can extend our Sukosol hospitality once more.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I, with another 6 members of the family stayed. Found the place to be very good. Food and Service was excellent. The Staff was very responsive and were very careful and attentive regarding issues related to children. The staff has been very quick and responsive to emergency situations specially pertaining to children. The ambience and the quality of rooms are very good though some improvement could be made with regard to bathrooms layout so that it doesn't wet the bathroom floor too often while taking shower. Another suggestion is that a life guard should always be there near pool as sometimes children use pool without being overseen by parents or guardians. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear AvinashDixit,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments, we are happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thai people in general love children, so it is fantastic that this was demonstrated during your stay with us.

I will ask my health club team to take extra care when families are at the pool as per your advice too.

We hope that you will be able to come back and see us again soon.

Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went to Bangkok to compete for the AIGF 2014, and I am very satisfied to have stayed at the Sukosol Hotel. I enjoyed my stay in Thailand because of the friendly people, fine food and excellent hotel service of this hotel. Looking forward to stay there again next year!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Aemilio E
Dear Aemilio E,

Many thanks for your wonderful review, it is important for us to hear from our guests at all times so we can continue to improve. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service and food whilst you were with us and on behalf of the whole team here, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed in Sukosol June 11-16 for the 2014 Asia International Guitar Festival and Competition. This was my third time to stay in the hotel since 2012. As usual, I experienced the efficient and courteous services of the staff and management, especially Montana, who was always there to ensure that my stay was without any problems.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank VikingLogarta
Dear VikingLogarta,

On behalf of everyone at The Sukosol, thank you very much for submitting your review here. We enjoyed hosting the Guitar Festival very much and are so happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Please do consider us any time you or your friends are visiting Bangkok in the future.