“Okay hotel in Bangkok”
Review of The Sukosol

The Sukosol
Ranked #115 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed at this hotel with family. The rooms are reasonably sized and are clean. The pool area is nice. The buffet breakfast was particularly impressive with a wide selection of foods on offer. Staff were generally friendly and helpful. Whilst the hotel is conveniently located near the MTR, offering easy access to Chatuchak market and MBK, it is difficult to access other landmarks such as the Grand Palace.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
TheSukosol, Manager at The Sukosol, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Mitch M,

Thanks for posting your great review, we really appreciate it.

We are really pleased to hear you likes our rooms, pool, breakfast staff and location (only please note that we are located beside the BTS SKYTRAIN, not MRT line).

The Grand Palace and other such historical/cultural landmarks are not located near any skytrain or subway station, the best way to reach them is via ferry or taxi.

We look forward to welcome you and your family back again to the Land of Smiles.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The Sukosol Hotel is definitely a quality hotel for both business and leisure traveler.
The location is great, room is clean, nice bathroom with separate bath and shower, concierge is really friendly (the best service in Sukosol), in one sentence: At The Sukosol, it is what can be expected in a decent hotel stay. Having said that, I still rated the Hotel as an Average hotel due to several missing elements.
First of all, I think the hotel is seriously under-staffed. This is apparent during the breakfast time. Do not be surprised if your coffee is half-filled as out of the 5 days, 3 days I encountered the situation of the running out of coffee. Then, you just need to wait patiently for the refill.
Secondly, the air-conditioner control for the room is not really working well (This happen to my other colleagues room as well). I think the Hotel is not Green as the air-conditioner seems to be automatically on when the key card is removed. This is something unusual. Whenever I return to my room, the room temp would be 23 Celsius, which I think is not environmentally friendly. To make matter worse, the air-conditioner controller is insensitive to touch and I could clearly see that the past patronage had been having hard time pressing the buttons till worn out. Yet, there is no trace of repair work done...\
Thirdly, except the excellent concierge team (I couldn't emphasize more of their good service), I felt the staff lack personal touch to their service. Having said that, I need to be fair to the staff that there are a handful of excellent staff. For the rest, they can be smiling at you at 1 second, and turned emotionless in another second. They are impatient to queries and like to be very "multi-tasking" --- doing their work while answering your queries. I strongly think this is inappropriate in hospitality industry, worse when you are labeling yourself as a 4 Star Hotel.
Due to its location, pricing and overall amenities, I will definitely return to the hotel for my biz trip. However, I think their hospitality aspect need serious improvement.

Room Tip: Ayuthai wing has separate bath and shower.... however main building is where pool and other health f...

Dear stevechai07,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough and insightful review of our hotel, we really appreciate it.

We are gratified to hear that you like our location, room, bathroom, concierge, pricing and overall amenities, I will definitely return for a business trip.

As we always want to not only meet, but exceed!, guest expectation, we shall look into your comments regarding breakfast, air-con and overall service levels ASAP. We sincerely thank you for pointing these shortcomings and difficulties, for without valuable customer feedback we cannot listen, learn and improve.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to the City of Angels.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great location for transport, right next to Skytrain and MRT so you can whizz around town really easily. Not much else around but you can walk to Siam and there's plenty of street food around. Rooms are good standard rooms, views are pretty good and staff are v professional. Pool is a bit disappointing - doesn't really get any sun and you can't see the views as there's a barrier round it. Great free wifi, didn't try the restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear BCHO,

Thanks for posting your review, it’s greatly appreciated. We are pleased to know you liked our fabulous location and free Wi-Fi.

There is actually a lot going on in Phayathai. . . we have amazing Suan Pakkard Palace opposite, Phaya Thai Palace just down the road, and Soi Rangnam behind the hotel has a plethora of dining and entertainment (bars, cinema, mall, spa) options available. And, of course, we’re surrounded by delicious Thai street food on all sides!

Unfortunately you have visited us in “winter” and thus the sun is hiding a lot, in the other eight months of the year the pool is super sunny and all guests love it.

Please come visit us again soon.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in October, 2012. This is located right across from the Phaya Thai Airport Link and Metro Rail station. Friendly reception, with lobby staff always welcoming and ready to help - to get a Taxi or give directions. The buffet breakfast was great and the rooms convenient and spacious. The sauna and swimming pool were good. Will stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SeaTacMan3

Dear SeaTacMan,

Thanks so much for posting you great review, it's very heart-warming to hear you describe us as 'perfect' :-)

It’s very gratifying to know you liked our location, staff, breakfast, room and pool.

Only, please note, we are located across from the BTS SKYTRAIN (Phayathai station), not the metro rail (closest MRT stations are at Asok and Mo Chit).

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Lovely hotel...well worth the money...breakfast is excellent....hint...ask at reception for a map of the location in Thia as the taxi drivers won't understand the English pronunciation...this happened 3 times before we got the map..you also get a nice welcome drink....

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Reiceproject

Dear Reiceproject,

Thanks for posting such a positive review of our hotel, we really appreciated.

It’s great to know you enjoy our international breakfast spread and found us good value for money.

And yes, having a Thai map on hand is always a good idea when out’n’about in Bangkok!

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have my stay in this 5-star hotel (Sukosol, formally Siam City) from 18 to 21 November 2012 for a Conference trip with my wife. Because I made the reservation like 2 months before, it costed me only ~HKD1,100 (~USD150) for each night at the Family Suite (Room 2067; 76 sq meter) on the Executive floor.

Compared with other 5-star hotel Executive floor, this hotel gives me a lot of surprises. Nice room, nice service, nice people, nice breakfast (with fresh honey and different kinds of bread), relaxing happy hours with Grade A dim-sum and wine, etc.

I met one of the Managers the night before I left and I was just too uneasy to express my views to her because I find the website of the hotel not promoting enough this nice hotel. I recommended her to revamp the website, have more nice room photos, listed more good services, etc. I promised her to write something in Trip Advisor, so I did it and I hope you read it and send me a thank you note!

Perhaps one thing to improve, the limousine should have us waited for 30 mins when arrived at airport and 15 mins when leaving the hotel.

Anyway, I hope more people can enjoy this nice hotel with valuable price!

Also, many thanks to the staff of this hotel who made my stay comfortable!

Room Tip: Executive floor

Dear SammyHui,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of our property, we’re really gratified to know you enjoyed your stay and find our hotel such great value.

I’m happy to inform you that we are currently working on a fabulous new hotel website and it will launch in early 2013.

We apologise for any problem with our limousine service and will certainly fix that immediately.
We hope to have you and your wife back visiting with us again soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I recently stayed in The Sukosol at Bangkok (19th and 29th November 2012) on an official tour to Thailand. The room I was checked into was great. It was spacious with all modern amenities in place including complimentary WiFi service. The TV had good choice of international channels though I must say that the Indian channel mentioned in the TV guide was different from the actual channel being shown in the TV.

Apart from that, the staff was very friendly and was prompt in service. The front desk staff even helped me choose the best possible alternative to go to my official address for meeting. The location of the hotel is another plus. It is very close to Phaya Thai metro station and the airport link. Also, it is very near to the malls and the market place.

One small drawback is the price of the food available at the hotel. I think they can reduce the price a bit. Other than that a great place to stay for either leisure or business.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
TheSukosol, Manager at The Sukosol, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear deb_iisc,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of our hotel, we really appreciate it.

It’s very gratifying to know you liked our service, accommodation and free wi-fi.

And yes, our location is definitely one of our advantages; we are indeed very close to all the best shopping, sightseeing and dining that the City of Angels has to offer. Being just a 3 minute walk from the BTS Skytrain and Airport Rail Link stations makes getting to/from our hotel and the airport and around the city a breeze!

We hope to welcome you back again very soon for more business and/or leisure.