Lowest prices for your stay
Get rewarded with One Key
$51
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
CF--DH
Gold Coast, Australia
Reasonably priced short stay hotel walking distance from Patpong markets.
Review of Le Siam Hôtel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 8, 2016
We had an evening stopover in Bangkok prior to flying on to Phuket. We chose Le Siam because of its close proximity to the Patpong markets so my wife could get her "shopping fix". The hotel was comfortable and reasonably priced. A good 3 star standard. It scores a 4 rating because of value for money.
Date of stay: September 2016Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    $74
    $88
3.3 miles from Le Siam Hôtel
View more hotels in Bangkok
All reviews great location night market silom complex executive room bts station thailand siam baht
Selected filters
Reviewed August 26, 2016

Early this year The Swiss Lodge was rebranded as Le Siam Hotel for licencing reasons.
The Hotel is located in Convent Road (Soi 3 Silom Road) a short walk from the Sala Daeng Sky Train station providing easy access to much of Bangkok.
There are many restaurants and bars within an easy walk of the hotel and it is a short stroll from the hotel to the night markets of Pat Pong.
On checking in guests are greeted with a warm smile and provided with a cool drink and an iced towel. A porter is available to show you to your rooms and to carry your bags.
My room was spotlessly clean and well provisioned with a mini bar, free tea and coffee making facilities, a robe and slippers and a selection of novels to read.
The bathroom had a plentiful supply of toiletries and fluffy white towels. There was no bath tub in the bathroom but there was a very efficient enclosed shower.
The carpet in the hallway to the rooms on the 7th floor was showing some signs of wear. I understand a refurbishment programme is underway but I saw no signs of it.
Breakfast is included in the room rate and served buffet style in the dining room. A wide variety of food is available.
One plus factor is the hotel does not have tourist groups staying at it like some of the international branded hotels in Bangkok. Consequently you do not have the hassles at breakfast or other times of negotiating the package tour groups.
I have stayed at this hotel when it was branded The Swiss Lodge and am pleased to say that the high standard of the hotel has been maintained under the new brand. The staff is pleasant, the hotel is clean and well provisioned, and it is well located for the business as well as the leisure traveller.

Contact the hotel direct for competitive rates. Ignore the hotel booking sites now controlled by a few companies which try to give the impression that their brands compete with each other.

Room tip: Contact hotel for best rates.
Date of stay: August 2016
2  Thank crocnsw
Reviewed August 10, 2016

Nice, good value hotel just off Silom Road. Nice room and nice staff, very close to the BTS and MRT stations as well as shopping and bar areas. It's also quite close to Lumphini park. There were renovations when I stayed but this was well flagged in advance. Breakfast room is a bit small for busy periods. Would stay again.

Room tip: Ask for a high floor room
Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank NigelHughes
Reviewed July 24, 2016

Rebranded from The Swiss Lodge Hotel. The sign outside still showed The Swiss Lodge Hotel so don't get confused. Location is good. It’s between Sathorn and Silom.

Customer service was delightful. The reception provided a cold delicious drink and a cold small towel for me to freshen up. It was a welcome respite on a warm day. The hotel seemed to take the extra effort to train *all* their staff in good customer service. I’m very impressed.

The room was very nice. Had windows but it looked out to the street below (I was at level 2) so people on the street could probably see me. Very well-equipped and generally clean. Was informed of renovation works on my floor. Didn’t bother me at all. It stopped before night time.

I’m a heavy sleeper so I didn’t noticed any noises in the evening.

The wifi require login most of the time. Not entirely user friendly. They could probably improved on wifi accessibility. But it was generally okay and reliable.

Limited TV channels.

The minibar items were “sealed” (taped to prevent tampering). They probably should not do this. For me, it creates an impression that the hotel does not trust their guests. Either removed the minibar items or don’t taped it. So what if a guest used and then replaced the item later?

There’s a nice pool at the hotel. I enjoyed it. But the area could be improved and upgraded to make it more inviting. I spent a few hours swimming and chilling at the sundeck chair. No one was around. It was serene and very comfortable. Loving it!

The breakfast was uninspiring. I didn’t bother to eat on the second day. Staff needs to listen more. Requested for a fried egg and was given 2. I had emphasised 1 egg but I guess, it gets lost when you’re not paying attention. If you can save money on room-with-no-breakfast, go for it.

I will definitely stay in this hotel again - but only if the price is right.

Room tip: Level 2 is near breakfast cafe, part of the room may be visible from the street.
Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed July 8, 2016

I've stayed at the Swiss Lodge on 2 occassions in the past and enjoyed my stays. This time there was extensive renovations going on which ruined my stay.

I was aware of the renovations from a previous reviewer, so contacted the hotel before I booked, enquiring when the construction work would end. I received an email from a lady named Surada, who assured me the renovations were due to end at the end of June. This was a lie. The renovations continue as I type these words. She lied to me so as I wouldn't canceI the reservation.

It wouldn't have been so bad if the hotel had offered discounted rates due to the disruptive construction work going on, just as other hotels offer; but no form of compensation was offered. Full price was charged, despite my complaint on check-out that the hotel had ruined my stay.

If a hotel decides to undergo construction work to upgrade it's facilities, then it should have the good sense to temporarily close down while the work is completed.

I won't be returning.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2016

I chose this hotel because of its location, it was close to the Dusit Thank hotel where I had a conference to attend to. Apart from the location (and the polite receptionists) nothing else was up to standard. There was construction going on, I was jet lagged and wanted to rest but couldn't with all the drilling going on. The room was very out-dated and didn't feel clean. Believe it or not, the bathroom was better. The air-conditioning was noisy and kept me up all night. The rest of the hotel (which does not look anything like the photos) was out-dated too in terms of facilities/furniture. The breakfast was simply ok (if you want to eat cold muffins) all day. There was no selection of cheese or cereal, rather most guests were Asian and ate noodles at breakfast (not my cup of tea!). There are better hotels in the city, perhaps western chains, that would offer something more up to standard for not a high price.

Date of stay: May 2016