“Great value”

Ranked #248 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great value”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Nice, clean and well-located in the Silom area. Also, helpful staff, nice pool, breakfast and free wifi included. Steps away from night market, restaurants and clubs. Can't beat this place for the cost in bangkok.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Danville, California
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is becoming my "go to" hotel in Bangkok. It has a great location and is in the heart f Silom but on a quieter street. The breakfast is excellent and the staff always helpful. Truly one of my favorite hotels.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed April 15, 2014

So I have been back to The Swiss Lodge once again during this Songkran festival in April 2014. At first I looked for several hotels in the Silom area, and found Swiss Lodge was available on a web agent. I remember that if you book through a web agent, you will not get the free wi-fi while staying there. So I looked up at the hotel website and found there was only one room left. The price was not that different from those "discount" rates in the web agents so I sent a request to the hotel. And awhile later I got a call to confirm my booking.
This time is probably my 4th stay at The Swiss Lodge. I have booked a Classic Queen Bed room for only one occupancy, breakfast included.
Upon arrival, cold towel and a chilled roselle drink were served to welcome me.
My room was on the 6th floor, I could see the sky and high rises of Sathorn area this time!
The moment I walked in the room, I smelt cigarette. Perhaps because I don't smoke so I was a bit sensitive with that. However, once I got use to it, it's no problems at all. The size of this room was a bit smaller than the twin bed room, but since only me there, so it was quite good size.
The air-con was perfect. I love the super comfy bed, lots of pillows for only myself, and super comfy duvet too! I don't wanna leave that bed, really!
Bathroom has no tub in this room, but comes with good shower. All toiletries were provided. I would be really appreciated more if there are some hooks on the door to hang towels (beside the towel rack).
One more suggestion, it would be really handy if they provide pants rack in the room. It can be used for pants or even towel.
I always appreciate when seeing friendly smiles & greetings from all of the staff here, from the front desk, to the Cafe SWISS restaurant. This time I was impressed by an attentive service from Ms.Benz (or Ben) at Cafe SWISS.
For the breakfast, it was pretty good. I have tried most of the menu (it's buffet style). I had a yummy breakfast every morning there. Although I don't like the orange juice much. Sliced bread was thick and that's what I like. Croissant could taste better if it has been reheated. I like that they provide western style & also Thai style breakfast here.
Overall my 2 nights here were excellent! I wish I could stay longer to have fun during Songkran at Silom road in a perfect location like this. I am sure I will be back to The Swiss Lodge again.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel, so you will get free wi-fi during your stay, instead of pay the surcha...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Busan, South Korea
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights. It was a good choice. The location is great, in the Silom area, easy access to shopping mall, clubs, restaurants. It is just 2 minutes walk to the BTS sky train. The hotel design is a bit old style with most furniture is wood and low quality. I was disappointed while the process of check-in was very slow and we was told that the room was not ready and I needed to wait for the afternoon. This was acceptable. But when I arrived at the afternoon (3pm)again, the room still was not ready and I had to wait for 30mn. The swimming pool is too old to use ad look not clean. The breakfast was very good with many choices. Staff was just not really friendly. When I asked somethings they felt like unhappy to do that. But what you need to note is you need to pay extra with a high rate for the internet and business center if you want to use it, while many hotels I stayed it was free of charge.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Carpi, Italy
Reviewed April 7, 2014

As usual stayed t the Swiss lodge.
Very convenient Hotel, specially close to the BNH Hospital.
Friendly and helpful stuff. Not to big but all you normally need is in house.

Look forward to my next visit

Victoria Point, Australia
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have lost count of the number of times I have stayed at the Swiss Lodge. My most recent stay, March 2014, was as good as ever, perhaps even more so thanks to a complimentary upgrade. Great hotel with great staff.

lewes uk
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Picked the Swiss Lodge for a recent 1 night stay based on the good reviews here and it's excellent location in Silom.
I was underwhelmed with the hotel for the price paid. The room was spacious but the room felt a bit Ikea like. Bed was firm and the bathroom a little tired. Certainly the room was clean though but the key card electricity meant that the room was stinking hot for at least 10 minutes after entry before the air-con kicked in.
Breakfast was ok, freshly cooked eggs and decent coffee and the location is excellent for street food and the BTS, there's a 7-11 on the corner opposite the hotel.
For me the worst aspect was the outrageous charge for wifi, something like 200B for an hour and over 300B for 24 hours. In this day and age at these room rates it should be free.
I won't stay again as there are much better value places in the area.