I have stayed at the Furama Xclusive before, so know the location of this hotel which is so easy to get to from the airport - You exit the MRT at Chong Nonsi and walk a couple of hundred yards.
I have booked a superior room at £79 for 3 nights over New Year !! The hotel put me in an enormous room on the 12th Floor (rooms up to 19th floor, swimming pool on the 20th) on the front of the hotel with a balcony. It lookd down the Silom Road towards the river. I had another triangular window area I could stand in looking up the silom Road. The room was excellent. The bathroom was a little small and outdated, but how long do you spend in a bathroom. This was brilliant value and extremely comfortable.
The location is ideal. An easy 15 minute walk up the Silom Road takes you to Patpong and the night Fake market. It is 5 minutes from the Chong Nonsi station where you can go south to pick up the station on the river - 10 minutes ? - to Chao Phraya river boats to access the tourist sites and the Grand Palace.
When using the river boats, take care. many of the tourists got confused and purchased the tourist ticket for 150 baht. The Tourist Boat runs the same route as the ordinary orange flag boats at 15 baht a journey ! The Tourist Boat goes every 30 minutes, the Orange flag boats every 20 minutes. The tourist boats stop at 4.30 p.m. and people were still buying 150 baht tickets at 3 p.m. !!! There and back to the Grand Palace / Wat Po, Wat Arun on the orange flag boats is 30 baht - you need to make 11 riverboat journeys in a day to make the Tourist ticket worth while. Also, you don't get the fun and panick of travelling with everyone else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Furama Silom, Bangkok features 258 expansive guestrooms that are decorated with a combination of modern and contemporary Thai style of sleek glass panels creating a luxurious yet cosy feel. An elegant flatship 4-star hotel features Superior Rooms, Deluxe Rooms, Executive Rooms and Suite. Every room allows you to enjoy the dazzling view of metropolitan Bangkok. Contemporary High-rise Hotel located in city center, near business areaA large outdoor swimming pool on 20th floor located at the rooftop with cooling breeze of metropolitan air provides guests with the ideal place to catch a bit of sun to refresh your tan and a refreshing dip in the pool. Alternatively, the pool bar also offers light snacks and drinks. Other Facilities are also with well-equipped like fitness center, sauna, steam room and lockers. Likewise, 2 function rooms and banquet facilities with modern audiovisual equipment can accommodate up to 100 people. High-speed internet access is also available for guests' use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Furama Silom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furama Silom Hotel Bangkok
- Unico Grande Silom Bangkok
- Unico Grande Silom Hotel Bangkok