“Lucky 3 star”

Ranked #240 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Subic, Philippines
“Lucky 3 star”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel is old and not very good maintain all over. I fell it was dark all over inside, special in the restaurant in the morning fro breakfast(Try to make some other bread then the standard toast bread). It get the 3 star for the view from the pool on 10 floor, and it was only 15 min. walk to night marked

2 Thank kmittag

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

From the outside, it looks like a 3 star hotel. But they have done up the lobby nicely and the rooms at the higher floors so it is still reasonably comfortable. Except the fact that one side of the walls are just windows with the right side all the rooms. They do not on the aircon in the corridor so it is pretty stuffy and it gets worst during the day with the sun shinning through the windows at the left while walking in the corridor to your rooms.

I enjoyed breakfast in the hotel with the nice decor, furniture and food. Quality is not bad and we love the croissants and they got ran out really fast.

We stayed at level 15. Room is big and nice. Spacious toilet and bathroom except curtain. We need to keep drawing it up and down especially at the door and it gets banged to the door making loud noises. Furthermore, the curtains still left a gap in between which serve little purpose for privacy. A major design let down.

The gym equipments are old and limited. There were no staff manning the gym and we basically accessed it with our room card. We on the lights, hi-fi and the aircons ourselves to use the gym. The towels were not replenished and when we requested for towels, it never arrive even after repeated phone calls. After 1 hr and 15 mins of workout, we left for breakfast having a bad impression on the service standard.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors for the renovated rooms
1 Thank dyxdya12
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We also didn´t pay too much for this hotel but the first room they gave us was disgusting. It was very big but the furniture and the carpet was from other era, dirty and smelly. We had to pay extra to change to lovely an renewed bedroom in floor 12. (If I am not wrong floor 12 and 11 were new)
This bedroom was big, the bathroom had a perturbating glass wall but everything was new and nice. The pool is in the top roof and it was a little bit small, but you will appreciate a pool in that warm weather. We couldn`t get towels in the roof. The breakfast was delicious (buffet) like a 4 star breakfast buffet (also as the second room (deluxe)), but the first room was like a 2 or 3 star hotel.
If I go again I will stay in Siam rather than Silom.

Room Tip: Stay in a deluxe, the supreme are awful
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pame2000

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I booked a superior room , it was large , convenient and in a reasonable price .. It was near to Paptong Night market and with an amazing shopping mall that I really loved , MBK CENTER!

I think for all the tourists , it's better to book your tickets in this hotel if your saying here coz they at very cheap compared the real price ! As usual you need to bargain ALOT .. Sometimes they really exaggerate like 500 baht in taxi .. So you need to play it smart

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

A lot of what the guests reviews here is true, but subjective to how convenience or even luxury is viewed.

I got this hotel for a last minute trip, a hotel that I did some research on but I havent been in Bangkok for over 15 years so this was a "hit & run" choice, rather its cheap at only US$55 per night. Stayed for 5 nights.

The location was pretty convenient, for me that is ... its about 10 to 15 minutes walk to Nongsi station. From Nongsi station, you are only about 5 to 7 stations from anywhere worth visiting in Bangkok. The Chao Praya river is 3 stations away for your River Cruise tour.

Patpong is within walking distance and the food joints around the area are tourist friendly, so you can hop in any food shop and eat. Prices for me look affordable for these places.

The rooms are huge ... with a balcony. This hotel reminds me of past experiences of hotels in the 80s, where the corridor outside your room is not air-conditioned. Does it matter to me ? Of course not ... my room is fully airconditioned, that is what matters. However, this is the first hotel that I have been in, in a long time that I can find the aircon condenser hanging in your balcony. So all I can say is ... its not central air-conditioning.

Bed is wonderful ... again for me. Looks old but still a pleasure to sleep on. Did I mention King- sized bed ? But the bathroom needs some minor touches. Everything works but not a wonderful sight to observe. Well it works so no complaints there.

The breakfast is major ... i loved it. The only drawback ... Orange juice is not orange juice, its cordial orange syrup. The same for the Apple juice. The rest is great ... mostly Asian but they do provide the salads and croissants for those not used to the Asian porridge breakfast.

The hotel pool at the roof is a nice calm. Very relaxing to just sit by and watch the clouds go by whilst having a drink. Not a huge pool but enough to get you some fun. Internet is not fantastic but acceptable, unlike some bigger names hotel that I have been in.

TV programmes, mostly Thai channels but they have some English movies covered in designated channels. But I hardly watch TV anyway so I wont complain. But if you got kids, they probably will ... Kids channels are subbed in Thai.

Overall ... I expect it at the price I paid for it. Not too shabby really ....

Room Tip: Bring your own toothbursh and toothpaste.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShahrilHarman
Skien, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Good location on Silom Street close to the nightmarked, Patpong. We stayed her twice in june and july. First stay in a superior room. It need a makeover, but it was a big room for us. Next stay was in a delux room. Its a nicer room, but the glass bathroom is not for a family! Very good breakfast, and a friendly staff. I will stay here next time in Bangkok.

Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Unacceptable behavior from hotel's staff. They gave us a dirty room with a leaky roof and a stuck sink... they reffussed to change us the room till next day at 2pm. They accepted to take care of the room's problems but 12 hours later when we came back, none came into the room, which means that the stained/stinky towels were still on the floor as well.
They tried to cheat on us regarding the money, firstly with an early check in, the initial prize was 1000B, after 2 minutes, 500B, finally we didn't pay it. Also when we needed to call a taxi, they wanted to make us pay the phone call.

The bathroom was absolutely old dirty. Only when we decided to leave the hotel, suddenly they found a spare room for us... slightly better than the old one, far away from a 4-star hotel, closer to a one-star.

In conclusion, be aware before booking on this hotel, perhaps you'll be lucky and they'll give you a nice room and they'll behave properly, we were not so lucky, even though we begged them because of our honey moon.

Worst experience I have had ever in a hotel.

Room Tip: Not to choose this awful Hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple