Furama Silom
Narai Hotel(Bangkok)
LUXX(Bangkok)
  • Breakfast included
2,149 results
All reviewsdeluxe roomrooftop poolpatpong night marketchong nonsi bts stationwalking distancebig roombuffet breakfasttop floorstayed here for nightssky barsky train stationstreet foodtuk tuksilomblindssofabathtub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed at the Furama, not as close to saladaeng as wed have liked but with taxis it wasn't really a problem. Great rooftop pool but the service wasn't great. Had to call a phone ext for someone to come up to serve us. Waited more than 20 minutes for our drinks and when I complained the woman said they were on their way. Just after 10 minutes more-as we were about to leave, the drinks arrived. Worst mojito ever??? My friend enjoyed his Singapore sling but my drink was a watery mess. A lot of the ice had melted by the time it got to our table. Being at the pool and looking at the skyline made up for it.

So then there was the wifi.... Free.... Yes, good. We were so far away from a modem that we had to stand outside our door for a solid connection. It kept dropping out on us when inside the room, and was weak at best.

On our second evening I walked past and sliced a cut in my arm from the badly positioned key holder (required to keep the power on.) The cut was minor but irritating. I couldn't wear a tshirt or shirt. Just as well it was stinking hot outside.

I complained that evening about my overall experience and found the response was genuine and caring. The evening duty manager was very very good.

Breakfast was standard for big hotels, not great for vegetarians but enough food.

Housekeeping staff were always bubbly and friendly. Credit to them because my travel companion is a pig!

Would I stay again? Possibly.... Would need the little things improved.
Did I mention the great rooftop bar????

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is my 3rd stay at the Furama in the past 5 months, so I have reviewed this place before. The Silom-Sathorn area is where I prefer to stay in Bangkok and the Furama seems like an excellent choice. I keep returning here and have already made plans to return again in a couple of weeks. If you prefer small boutique hotels, then the Furama is not for you as there are around 20 floors of rooms. The personnel are friendly and efficient
Getting to and from the airports on the toll road is usually fast and the taxi can drive right up to the hotel lobby without having any steps to climb. The Chong Nonsi Skytrain station is about 10 minutes away.
The rooms are spacious, although rooms on certain floors may have older furnishings that need to be renovated. The pool is on the roof, and is in the sun all day. A large choice is offered for breakfast Coffee is not served at the tables and the coffee machines are located very far from the seating area.
Wi-fi works well, but to get a connection, it may be necessary to get a special “firewall” number from reception in addition to the password.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was a great hotel. Short walk to SkyTrain. Courtesy staff and helpful but still limited English. Great meringue cookies at the reception! Only draw back was the pool was filthy. Worst I've experienced in all of Thailand. We did our booking through booking.com and we were pleasantly surprised at the accommodations. Excellent breakfast buffet with some American favs--bacon. Lots of fruits and variety of breakfast goods. I would stay here again. Located Silom area of Bangkok.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have been using this hotel for years . Always for long stays of at least a month.

The deluxe rooms which have been refurbished are excellent and the facilities are extremely good.

The location couldn't be better and the breakfasts are very good. I love the rooftop swimming pool with superb views over Bangkok.

The staff are really friendly and helpful and the place represents excellent value.

Room Tip: Take the newly refurbished deluxe rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed here one night when in Bangkok on business. Not my favourite city so having a good hotel makes a lot of difference to the quality of my visit. It's well located on Silom. I got a free upgrade to a deluxe room which was spacious, elegant and had everything I needed. A pleasant though not extensive breakfast and lunch buffet. Excellent wifi throughout the hotel. Very pleasant rooftop pool and bar. Helpful and efficient staff. Not much more you could want really. Only complaint was that the light switches were a bit of a mystery, had to hunt for some of them.

Room Tip: All rooms on the higher floors have great city views
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business