“Twin Tower Hotel”

Ranked #508 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Twin Tower Hotel”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This price to stay in this hotel is value for money and very comfortable as well. It has a 4 star rating in a humble way. The buffet breakfast is simple and awesome. You need to try out the soup corner. They have different menu very day. It is also located in the middle of the town and you can take the hotel TUT TUT to major shopping mall for about THB60.

The also have good cable TV and the pool hotel is excellent!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mervds

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Central location and easy to get transportation there, reasonable sized pool and not too fancy place..it's nice to chill....

Room Tip: get a room facing the metro and enjoy the traffic and spectacular view
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Long Beach, California
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 5 days. Not a great experience. The carpets were damaged and it was so dirty that I felt I had to wear shoes to bed.

Not on my list of places to ever see again :-(

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I check in to this hotel from a tour agent for one night, left for Pattaya and come back again.
They have a very spacious clean lobby, and good english staff, but they have to put hotel map or direction sign a lot more.
My first room at 15th floor, a spacious room. Well, i believe my tour agent booked a standard room, they give us 2 wide twin bed, wardrobe, writing table with chair, 2 single sofa with round coffee table, old TV, and refrigerator. Plus a city view from 15 th floor is very nice.
The negative part is maybe because i'm at high floor so the bathroom shower not sprayed well and when i charge my camera battery it takes long time.

We left this hotel the next day, travel to pattaya and come back here.
When we back, their standard room was full booked and they give us superior room at 8th floor :)
Not much different from our previous room, it's a little wider and the shower sprayed well and also the batteries. But we just get the next tower window view.

Overall we like this hotel.
Only 10 minutes walk to Tesco hypermarket.
The breakfast foods is just ok. Too bad i don't have a chance to try their swimming pool >.<

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed March 2, 2012

My adivice: spend a few Baths more and get something really nice and clean in a safe, nice neighbourhood. The staff ist totally unfriendly, the breakfast ist 400 Baths, a fortune for Thailand and it is inedible. The lowest quality I"ve ever come across. The bathroom is dirty, the whole hotel is really rund down and it's located right across a patch of street where homeless people sleep. As a single female traveller, I did not feel safe. The hotel staff will not even help you get a taxi that goes either by the meter (that is to say, will not charge you 4x the regular fare). Go to Furama in Silom Road, it"s worth the few bath!!They don't even provide slippers or a kettle for tea which is standard even in guesthouses in Asia

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I stayed here for one night after booking through a third party. The lobby is impressive and I was helped with my bags. Check in and foreign exchange counter both very good. Concierge gave me a free map.

The room was very large but clearly fitted and furnished quite some time ago. I had everything I needed though. The showers wasn't great - poor shower head.

The lights are managed from a bed side control panel that was very 70s and had seen better days. This controlled plug sockets too and it took me a while to get my cell phone to charge through a socket.

AC good if a little noisy. I got a good nights sleep.

Bad points:

I asked about wifi Internet access. "150B for one hour" they said! Outrageous!

I foolishly ordered a beer (330ml) in the hotel bar. 190B! Outrageous again! And then a guy started playing covers on the piano. He murdered many a good song.

So, on the whole; it's good. The rooms just need a re-fresh, and if they want to make money out of wifi and the bar they need to have a reality check on their prices.

• Stayed February 2012
Cannes
Reviewed February 17, 2012

The surroundings of the hotel are awful. Metro is far. However if you are walking around 25 minutes, you arrive to MBK mall.

It is true that the rate is really competitive however their is no service in this hotel.
The entrance is really impressive but when you are entering in your room it is not the same feeling. Terrible smell, dirty carpet !!!! Also when I have done the reservation, I have asked for a double room with a baby cot and when we arrived we had a twin room. No possibility to change and we have never seen the baby bed.

We wanted to book treatment at the spa, guests of the hotel have 20% off on the rate, but when I went at the spa I forgot the card ( but I had my key room with me) they have been unable to offer me the discount ....A joke ?! They don't want to work ?

The business center is very expensive : 300 baths for 1h internet. We wanted to call in europe, the girl recommend us to buy a phonecard, she said that it was working in our room, its was completely wrong. You have phone cabins dedicated to thoses cards.

Also that is sad but we have to mention and you have to be very careful : someone stole money in my husband shirt !!!!! There is no safe box in the room so we hide the money in a poket of a shirt and left it in the dressing ... the day of our departure we realised that the money was not there anymore.... the guests relation on site was completely unuseful ...According to this, w have left the hotel and bangkok with a very bas mood...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family