“Hotel celebrated my birthday”

Hotel Windsor Suites & Convention Bangkok
Ranked #216 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Hotel celebrated my birthday”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

It was a pleasant surprise when I received a birthday cake in my room. I did not tell them but the hotel staff noticed it when I checked in on Aug 23 that my birthday is on August 25. I took the Executive suite package for 4 nights. The room was very nice. Daily breakfast at the Executive Lounge was great and adequate. Daily cocktails at the Executive Lounge was great especially with the great staff attention. The service we received at the Executive Lounge was exemplary especially from Khun Nan. Both my wife and I enjoyed our stay at Windsor Suite and I will come back next year to celebrate my birthday at Windsor with my friends this time round.
Just for management awareness, please have more cocktail canapés and more varieties to attract
More people for Happy Hour.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 30th floor. Even number rooms give a great view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeffjonathan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The Windsor is family friendly with possibility of extra beds in room.
Very good breakfast and nice swiming pool.
Cheaper if you booked on internet than at desk.
The rooms were clean, but not too large and need may be a little maintenance

Room Tip: You can ask for extra bed
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fabien2A
WindsorSuitesBKK, The Management at Hotel Windsor Suites & Convention Bangkok, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you for having chosen Windsor Suites Hotel as your hotel of choice for your recent visit. We also thank you for having taken the time to share your views of your recent stay at our hotel.

It is very nice to read that you consider Windsor Suites Hotel as a family friendly hotel. Your kind comments about the breakfast and the swimming pool are all very much appreciated. .

Thank you once again for the great review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Windsor Suites Hotel in the near future.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Its located centrally and near the skywalk.

Hotel staff was quite helpful. Only thing I disliked was that free wifi was available only to one person in the room(atleast in our case) and they were making a huge fuss of providing another wifi connection.

Also wifi connectivity was not very good . In our case it used to work only at certain points in the room .

But part from above, I would say it was a decent place to say with good connectivity to rest of Bangkok.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ankitjain1985
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen Windsor Suites Hotel as the hotel of choice during your recent stay in Bangkok.

We also thank you for having taken the time to share your views on Tripadvisor. We are very sorry if we did not fully meet this level of service for your particular stay. Certainly it is disappointing to read that the free Wi-Fi was available only for one person in the room. We have retrained our staff to offer a multiple user for free Wi-Fi to our guest.

We do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your kind understanding, and hope that apart from this, you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us. Please rest assured that our team continually strives to provide our guests with the highest levels of services and the best possible experience throughout their stay.

Yours Sincerely,

The Managent
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed August 20, 2013

It was an old hotel, but quality of the room is still good, clean and decent.
I just had a short 3 days stay, was ok, near to Terminal 21, a nice place for hang out in short distance, mini marts are every where around the hotel, restaurants are plenty outside hotel..
Good deal...good stay....worth to try! :-)

Room Tip: Rooms in new building are much better, old ones cheap but not as good as new ones.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your positive review here on TripAdvisor and it is great to read that your recent stay was a pleasant experience. In particular it was nice to read of your appreciation for the friendly staff as well as the ideal location we have in Bangkok.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Windsor Suites Hotel in the near future.

Yokohama, Japan
Reviewed August 9, 2013

100 metres down Soi 20 a hop, skip and jump from Asok, Cowboy and the Emporium shopping mall, the Windsor Suites is a big hotel with a large variety of rooms. As mentioned in the title, this is a fairly old style hotel with low ceilings and slightly musty corridors. But that's why you can get some seriously good deals here now as the local accommodation competition hots up.

I got a fantastic deal on a 'Counsellor' room which has an extra room with TV, although being alone I didn't use it much. Room on the 21st floor looked west across the skyline - a rather impressive view. I could recommend the 'even' number rooms on high floors that would have the same view. My booked 'King' bed room was not available when I checked in as they were already full, which was a bit annoying, but the twin bed room turned out fine. And the hotel did offer to change rooms for me the next night.

I took a package without breakfast, so can't comment on that. But there's a million places for good breakfast on your door step.

Wifi good, nice outside pool on the 14th floor. Taxis outside ready to rush you to the airport 24 hours a day.

Room Tip: high floor, 'counsellor' room looking East (even number rooms) are worth it for the view, an...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank YokohamaGeezer
WindsorSuitesBKK, The Management at Hotel Windsor Suites & Convention Bangkok, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Warm greetings and thank you for having chosen Windsor Suites Hotel as the choice for your recent stay. We also thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback of your experience on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to read that you were pleased with our suite with impressive view as well as service provided by our team members.
Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Windsor Suites Hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,
Shanghai, China
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have traveled to Bangkok and used the Windsor Suites as a home base as we traveled through out Thailand. Over all we spent about 2.5 weeks here this summer. Because of the length of stay and frequency the Manager provided a nice Up grade for that we are Thankful. The Hotel was good,Pool area was very good, Location was excellent, and have to give out the highest rating for Honesty of the Staff. While stay here I had left my new Cell phone on a table in the back(soi 18) Bakery. Having to retrace my steps from the night before it took all day finally asking at the desk about someone turning it in. To my surprise they located it in 3 minutes at the Bakery where they had saved it for me. Very Thankful and Happy that the Integrity of the staff and the Thai people is still in Tact. Thank you for a great summer !! Sincerely Roger and Jennifer Burns

Room Tip: Bangkok is important to be close to the BTS (Sky Train and Metro) as well as restaurants, Malls,Mass...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Roger B
Dear Valued Guest,

It really motivates our team members to read that you consider Windsor Suites Hotel your home away from home. What can we say other than thank you very much for such generous words, and for sharing these with the travelling public. We appreciate your detailed review.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back once again to Windsor Suites Hotel in the near future.

Bangkok
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had booked 2 nights in the Windsor Suites and like it so much I stayed another 3 nights. I got the suite through Asiarooms.com at a bargain 1800 baht a night. The suite I stayed in was very clean, nice large bedroom with a good view. I liked the pool and the gym too. I did not eat there though as it felt too posh for me and they did not have any bugs to eat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple