“3 night stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #224 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Cork
“3 night stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights, very nice hotel, stayed on 29th floor.

Very nice views over the city at night. Hotel also close to sky train, nice area.

Beautiful pool, only fault would be check in. There seemed to be about 10 ladies behind reception, yet it took 15 mins to check in. Also the was an older lady who stuck her hand into my face asking for both our passport, yet she had them both in her hands.

When I pointed this to her she just flung them on the desk and walked off !

Other than one member of staff , everything was great !

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors, if you like views over the city !
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Conkers34

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed there for 5 nights with my family.it was a nice and cheap hotel i have ever stayed,its service was good and very big rooms having separate living rooms and bedroom,view is amazing and we can easily access to any where through bts sky train and subway train which are near to the hotel!
Breakfast was superb!
Tip for tourist (robinsons and soi cowboy was just accross the road!)

Room Tip: Suite rooms are bigger having living and sleeping rooms separately! Try to stay in suite rooms not...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ashok G
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last December 2012. Probably the widest and cheapest hotel I ever have stayed in my life. Booked it for 100 USD for 3 days 2 nights with daily breakfast. Breakfast itself isnt bad. Combination of oriental and some western food. My room is very wide, with a sala, minibar, separate bedroom and the view is fantastic as well. Love that they have an acoustic band in the garden outside the lobby. The price is not the pricey as well and love thai food. The Bangkok Train station is minute away. There is a bar at the top with pool, gym and the view is amazing especially at dusk. Overall, I had a great time with less hassle, close to almost everything, there is a nearby mall, cheap stay. I recommend this hotel to everybody.

Room Tip: Higher Floors have amazing view of Bangkok
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Kenneth T
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

To get to this hotel take the sky train to Asok Station. Walk to Sukhumvit Soi 20 and then go right. It's only around 5-10 minutes walk from the station.

The hotel has two buildings, we were in the taller of the two towers. Our room was clean and comfortable with a separate living room, big bedroom, big bathroom. We live in Hong Kong and are used to small, the whole place was around the same size as our flat if not slightly bigger.

We had a TV in the living room and in the bedroom. There was a fridge/minibar, a room safe, tea/coffee making facilities. Shampoo, shower gel, body lotion were provided in the bathroom.

The hotel had a nice-looking gym which we did not use and a lovely swimming pool which we used all the time. The pool was a reasonable size and was an irregular shape with bits to swim round, Some bits were a bit shallow. There was also a jacuzzi and a kids pool. There was a bar/restaurant by the pool.

Breakfast had lots of western options, Japanese options and vegetarian options. Although it was quite extensive, I found the food a little bland at least until I found the chilli sauce.I was surprised at the lack of Thai food except vegetarian.

There was a Chinese restaurant in the hotel which we did not try.

Directly across from the hotel was a German restaurant called Bei Otto. We had a good meal there. We also had a good meal in a Thai restaurant a bit further up the road - green something, maybe green garden.

TThe Bei Otto restaurant also had a delicattesance where we bought lovely bread and wine and snacks.

There was a Family Mart and a 7-eleven nearby.

The Asok area has lots of bars and restaurants. Lots of girlie bars, too, which may put some families off, though they are far enough from the hotel to be avoided. The hotel was quiet at night and we slept very well. The bed was lovely and comfy.

We did not do much sightseeing this time, but you can get around easily by sky train and use the skytrain to go to the river at Saphan Taksin and take a boat to the royal palace, Wat Po etc.

We were very happy in this hotel and will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank irenemHongKong
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I could not understand the rationale behind this hotel being rated 4*... Perhaps it was the size of the hotel -- huge though, and the prime location it was at that made it so popular among tourists within and out of Thailand.

When I entered the Hotel, the check-in counter was slow in the service. I thought.. alright, this is Thailand. However, I could not see the sincerity in their service. In the Land of Smile, I was very disappointed when the check-in staff never smile at me. Instead, she just gave me a cold tone: passport please! When I inquired on the internet, she just passed me a sheet of paper and told me: Read instruction inside.

Next is the amenities. The room looks big but not cozy. The furniture is old and the layout of the room (a counselor suite) just under utilized the space. The toiletries are below minimum, with lousy dental kits and cheap-looking shower gels. The in-room shoes are made of papers, totally a turn-off for a 4*hotel. The bath design made water leaking to the floor and flooding the bathroom easily, no matter how hard you cover the curtain. Then it comes to the pillow. I believed many travelers like soft pillow, but the pillow here are just too soft and bulky, making my sleep very uncomfortable.

Lastly, with the special promotional price paid for, I must say it is still value for money in respect to its prime location at Sukhumvit 20 area. It is however, far from 4*.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Wellington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband, baby son and I stayed at Windsor Suites during our time in Bangkok last month (Jan 2013) and all I can say is from the moment we walked through the doors... to the moment we left, the service & staff was exceptional. Nothing was too much trouble and Front Office Manager, Supa really was like 'super woman'. Everything we asked for, we got and our rooms (we stayed twice on the same trip) which had sensational views were probably some of the nicest rooms we've ever stayed in and we have travelled internationally for a number of years now. On the whole, the facilities (lovely pool), location & staff was great and we would stay again in a heartbeat if we ever get the chance to go back again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Helen S
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had such a wonderful stay! I stayed for a week in the beginning of February on the 24th floor in the newer part of the hotel. The view was amazing! I was so impressed with the service of this hotel and the Thai hospitality.

My room was always cleaned daily with fresh clean towels and toiletries such as shampoo, shower jel and lotion. There were 2 free bottles of water that were complimentary each day.

They were always so friendly and helpful, holding doors open, helping at the elevators etc. The AC worked great and wireless internet was fast and reliable although it didn’t work from my bed, only the sitting room near the door although that didn’t bother me.

The swimming pool was one of my favourite parts- such beautifully designed and you get a towel when you come for a swim. I didn’t try any of the food in the pool area. The pool hours were 8 am until 8 pm.

The location was perfect- right across the street is a German bakery that sells great bread and the pretzels were delicious. There was a great Thai restaurant as well and some spoke English. Many other restaurants, 7-Eleven and other things within walking distance. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from Terminal 21 shopping mall. The Skytrain is very close as well.

Just a couple of things to make your stay more enjoyable in my opinion- remember you are entering Thailand and the national language is Thai and not English therefore not everyone has to speak perfect English so be patient with them. Some of the reviews were complaining of their English. The swimming pool staff especially seemed to struggle more with their English but they were trying their best.

Another complaint I read a lot is that the hotel is not a 4 star hotel. I think if you compare this hotel to your home country (example United States) you could have some disappointments because its true there is some minor stains here and there but one thing is definite- the hospitality and service of the Thai you cant beat!

Thank you Windsor Suites for such an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo