“Amazing”

Hotel Windsor Suites and Convention
Ranked #215 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 15, 2012

It was an amazing stay at Windsor... thanks to cleartrip for providing clear terms and conditions for booking the hotel. That helped me in booking appropriate hotel according to my budget.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
2  Thank Anubhav J
There are newer reviews for Hotel Windsor Suites and Convention

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This hotel is excellent value for money. It is very well placed in a convenient location, the breakfast buffet is great, and we were upgraded to a club room. The only complaint is that the decor is quite dated and there is a bit of a musty smell due to the age old carpeting.

We also tried the spa during our stay and we had a very relaxing time on the promotional package.

If you're not very fussed - this hotel is worth considering as the rooms are very spacious for the price!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SnowmanSnipe
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Windsor Suites continues to be my one place to book in Bangkok. I have been going there for more than five years and see no reason to change.

I am treated well from check-in to check-out and enjoy having the two rooms (suite). This way I can be on the computer in one room and watch Fox News and my wife can watch Thai soap operas in the other.

Wireless Internet is fast, always on, and easy to connect to.

The morning breakfast buffet remains a bargain with lots of choices of Western, Thai, and other Asian foods. My only complaint is that there was no bacon this past trip - only ham and sausages.

We did have one minor problem - a light bulb was flickering above the minibar sink. One phone call to housekeeping and in less than 5 minutes it was changed to a new bulb.

I will be going back to Bangkok at the end of November/beginning of December and will be again staying at Windsor Suites.

Almost forgot. The location, on Soi 20, a minute walk to Sukhumvit is ideal. There are numerous restaurants and street vendors, 7-11 and Family Mart, and a short walk to the Asoke train station if you want to ride the BTS.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lawrence W
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My first trip to Bangkok, I loved my stay here. I was put on the 24th floor. It was also the first time, when I used the ATM sort of card to access the lift, and also to open my rooms in the hotel. My rooms gave me a good view of the Bangkok city. From atop, I also viewed the Sky Train. The hotel was good, I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: I don't know whether they offer you a choice for rooms. I booked through Agoda, and had to simpl...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Dilip P
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed there for 5 nights awhile back. Location was great as its near terminal 21 , bts Asok n mrt if you plan to go over hway kwang. The hotel itself is a little run down though n desperately need a face lift. Still using the old Skool CRT tv which has signal problem. Originally I have trouble with the deposit box which was close when I arrive and despite me making two calls to the reception, no one came up to help me with it.

Room was clean though with towels change everyday. There's great eateries opposite of the hotel like a pizza restaurant and a cozy little place selling Thai food as well as a German bakery. For party people, there's a disco which opens till 6am everyday at the hotel as well.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank mamboberg
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed in Windsor Suites with my family in the last week of October 2012. Located in Sukhumvit area, this hotel has a big Reception and dining area. Impressed with good ambiance and good quality breakfast. Clean and big rooms provide a comfortable stay. Swimming pool is located on the 14th floor. Hotel is quite close to BTS Train Station Asok. A lot of Indian restaurants in the surrounding area. Saras Indian Restaurant is just 2 minutes walking distance and provides good quality Indian food and sweets. Seven Eleven and Family Mart are located nearby. All types of transportation - Tuk-Tuk, Taxis and BTS train - are easily accessible. If you are planning to go the Siam Ocean World with your family, you can take a BTS metro from Asok to Siam station. It just takes 7 minutes to reach Siam Station.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Aasheeshbh
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I don't have words to use for this Hotel because the word "TERRIBLE" is not enough.
I stayed here with my nephew, as soon as we arrived at front desk and ask for check in, we were told there is no booking under our name. We requested them to go and check there office or fax machine, the staff become rude and ask us to go sit and wait until we find about your booking. This was shocking because Thai people do not behave like this. After 20 minutes we were told they found the booking.
Opened the room, bad smell of smoking and alcohol was pretty strong. We asked for spray.
Room had a separate area for sitting but overall the room was very old kind of with old furniture.. We had to use the laptop, was told that there is a 390 Baht per day charge for using WiFi.
Breakfast was simple below average and staff in the breakfast area was not friendly either. Requested for make to order food but was told that it's close. It was 10:10am and breakfast was until 10:30am.

Room Tip: There are many good hotels in this area, just avoid this hotel if you want to enjoy your stay in Ban...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family