“Reasonably good value”

Hotel Windsor Suites and Convention
Ranked #213 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 7, 2007

I took my parents for a holiday to Bangkok and stayed in 2 different hotels whilst there. We first stayed in Regency Park hotel as it was chosen by my brother and his family. Regency Park hotel was cheaper & therefore not as good as this hotel (so therefore pretty much depends on how much you want to spend) Once my brother's family went back home, my parents and I moved to this hotel due to the size of the rooms. I liked Windsor Suite because we stayed in the suite style room. My parents slept in the bedroom and I slept in the lounge room. This was good as it allowed for some privacy. The room (including the bathroom) was clean and the breakfast was pretty good. The foyer was very big and the staff were helpful. I also went for a swim in their swimming pool. The pool area was clean and very good. In comparison to the swimming pool at Regency Park, Windsor Suite's wins hands down. The swimming pool at the Regency Park hotel was pathetic and cannot even be classified as one. My parents like this hotel a lot more than the Regency Park due to the size of the hotel, size of the room & much more options on the breakfast menu. Based on the price we paid for this hotel (for 3 people) I would stay here again. The one downside to this hotel was the distance from the metro line for older people. As it sometimes will be better to take the metro instead of a taxi (due to the bad traffic in Bangkok), walking to the metro station was a bit far for my parents (10-15 mins walk). But if you're not staying with people who have walking difficulty then the location is not a problem as it is situated between 2 metro stations.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,788)

Reviewed October 23, 2007

First, to be clear, there are two buildings to this hotel. The Windsor Suites, which is the posher bit! And Windsor Hotel which is older, cheaper and where we stayed.

Basically our room was in the hotel building but we just walked outside and straight into the Suites building for breakfast, the pool etc, absolutely no hassle at all.

Our room was a triple, three single beds. The decor was the usual 70s dark wood with burgundy tiles in the bathroom. Everything worked. It was very clean and our 6th floor room was quiet.

The breakfast is the deal breaker! It's brilliant! However long you usually allow for breakfast, double it here! The choice is great and the cooked-to-order omelette bar is a treat. Personally, I love Asian food so I tucked into the rice and noodles, my daughter headed straight for the cereal and hot rolls. The dining room did get a bit busy and noisy, but it wasn't a problem really.

The pool was a good place to hang out in the afternoons when it's really hot and you've seen enough of the streets for a while. It was never crowded when we were there, always plenty of towels and sunbeds. The water was clean but at the time the underwater music wasn't on.

We've stayed in Bangkok many times, our reason for choosing this hotel was the location. Ideal for the sky-train, taxis, busses and Eastern bus station if you're heading to Pattaya or the Islands.

If you're new to the city, staying here is a good choice because it's easy to get around and there are lots of very good shops nearby where you are treated well and not hassled. Don't be afraid to wander around outside the hotel, it's safe and people are friendly and there's a 7/11 opposite in case you need anything at all.

All in all, a good, clean choice of hotel.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2007

Stayed here twice in July 2007 and found it suited our needs perfectly. We were at the end of a round the world trip and fed up with $5 rooms so splashed out for our final days shopping in Bangkok.

The rooms were spacious and clean and we found no problems with the staff. It does feel like a big, impersonal hotel but that didn't bother us. Use of the pool is free but the gym is extra (THB 350 per day I think - about US$10). Breakfast was included and was great; lots of choice and well stocked.

We booked through [--] as it was much cheaper than booking directly (we paid THB2,100 for the cheapest rooms and were upgraded on our second stay to one of the suites in the main building which was much nicer). The cheap rooms are in the "garden wing" which is attached to the hotel. There's not really a garden but there was an odd fishy smell in the lobby of the garden wing!

We chose this hotel as it is so close to the BTS and MRT so you can get to the train station and all the shops really easily. Most of the time you can walk faster than the road traffic so being able to use BTS/MRT rather than taxis was brilliant.

I'd recommend staying here if you are looking for somewhere comfortable to stay for a few days while you're doing things in Bangkok rather than staying here for the sake of a nice hotel break.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2007

Stayed in the Windsor Suites in June 2007. Overall it was a reasonable experience but I can understand why this place has pissed so many people off.

Anyway the room was fine and very spacious for a family of three. On the first night we had the phantom bellringer that some other people reported. Waited up for the little shoot the next night but never arrived, luckily for him.

Pool was pleasant enough and very clean.

The worst thing about this hotel is undoubtedely the staff. It started to really annoy me getting a very insincere wai (Thai greeting) everytime I was going to or getting out of the lift. This also annoyed my wife who is Thai. The reception staff were very sullen on checking in, although on check-out they were much more pleasant. Most of the bellboys were also pretty disinterested looking although one of them was a really great guy who was very kind to my son and gave him a gift when we were leaving.

I think the problem with this hotel lies with the management. You just get a feeling, by the behaviour of staff that discipline in the hotel is poor. I think previous feedbacks from other customers point to this. Actually one night I was in the 7Eleven store near the hotel when a person rudely barged right in front of me as I was waiting to pay. It turned out to be the night manager of the Windsor Suites!! Says it all.

In conclusion if you're just looking for a big comfortable room and reasonable facilites for a fair price then this place will do fine. However if you're looking for a great hotel experience and to be pampered then don't come here. You will be dissappointed!!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Alboy301
Reviewed June 20, 2007

for the price of around $100/night, very good rooms, clean, comfortable beds, breakfeast - had worst........not freindly staff (I was not freindly back - I had a prepaid voucher, they wanted a creditcard for the minibar, i refused and told them where they can put their minibar... they backed off.........)
great location expecially for business mixed with pleasure traveller (watch out for the adam's apple........)

Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank AviD42
Reviewed April 20, 2007

We spent two fun nights in Bangkok ans stayed at the Windsor suites.
The hotel is in an older style and the decor is looking a little tired. Notwithstanding, we thought the hotel was excellent value for money and provided a great launching pad to most attractions in Bangkok. In comparison to most hotels, this was amongst one of the cheaper 4 star hotels we could find. The rooms were clean, tidy and spacious comprising of an entry/lounge, hallway, bathroom and seperate bedroom. The pool on the 12th floor was great and had it's own bar which was appreciated on a hot day!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank luxury_backpackers
Reviewed March 8, 2007

At first glance the hotel looked nice, but we stayed at the sister hotel Windsor Hotel connected to Windsor Suites, which shares both restaurant, pool and other facilities with Windsor Suites. The rooms are large, however, they are very dark and old decor. The door to the hallway was too short leaving a huge gap - you could almost stick your foot out under the door! Therefore, the rooms are not soundproof! Breakfast was nice and the location was ok, however, we would definetly not be staying here again. The hotel standard was not worth the 4,500 baht. The receptionists are awful.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family