“Great”
Review of Grand President

Grand President
Ranked #711 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I have visited Thailand first time on March 2008. As its my first time in Bangkok. So i was very puzzle at that time about the hotels. In Bangkok there are a lot of hotels so I asked the taxi driver which hotel is best and the cheapest one. So he told me about Grand President. I think he told me the cheapest but worst. So i asked him to take me there so he took me there and I was very shocked it is a very beautiful hotel and the staff were very helpful. I decided to booked the room in same hotel. when i entred my room its a very very beautiful and super room.
Mr. Leo is a Duty Manager there in a Grand President hotel was a very helpful and very caring person. As he is my friend now. when ever you will plan to go to Bangkok so go straight to Grand President Hotel and ask for the Leo. He will give a full assisstance.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
NBBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2009

Dear Sibtain,

Thank you for your kind comments on the Grand President.
We are pleased to hear that the taxi driver recommended our property to you and that you have enjoyed your stay with us since then.
We are glad that our team and namely our Duty Manager Leo has well contributed to make your stay with us memorable.
We look forward to welcoming you back shortly again.
Kind regards,

Nathalie Burtin

Reviewed May 5, 2009

As a frequesnt business traveller to Thaialnd I stay at allot of hotels and so are able to get a good feel for just how much the hotel cares about your business .
Ive stayed a number of times at The Grand President . Often you can judge a hotel about how they handle retruning customers.
GRand President simply doesnt care.
This trip the room I was given ( told it was an upgarde executive) was shocker for a niumber of reasons
1) You cant open the wardrobe doors as the bed is in the way.. very small pokey room
2) The bathroom toilet shower is such a small cluttered room, no bench space... Ive literally been in public toilet cubicles that are bigger.. you step out of the showwer tub, have to slide between toilet and sink... worst bathroom Ive ever seen
3) Room smelt
4) As it was on 21st floor considerable use of lifts was needed. Lists can take 10 minutes to get to you and have not been " smart upgraded"
5) Old condom packets in bedside drawers
6) Old ahower caps on shower ledge

I read in the Bangkok Post that the President hotels group was having trouble meeting its credit requirements so I guess what you see at this hotel is a cut back on maintenanace and staff.
I dont like hotels that tell you they have upgarded you when really they are just shuffling you off to an old unrenovated wing they have.

This hotel has lost my businessn and basec on cleanliness and performance I have seen I would recommend other travellers give it a miss as well

pretty poor performance Grand President

1  Thank RobMcLean

Dear Mr. McLean,

Thank you for your comments on your last stay with us.
I have reviewed your comments and would like to sincerely apologize if your stay was not up to our usual standards.
At the Grand President, we indeed highly value our repeated guests and a loyalty programme is in place in order to thank our guests for staying with us.
During your previous stay, a complimentary upgrade was therefore arranged from our Executive Studio to our newly renovated Regency Suite. This time, another upgrade was arranged to our Park Suite, which was unfortunately not yet renovated. The Park Suite renovations should be finalized by year end.
I understand that you may have been disappointed in the Park Suite further to your last stay at a Regency Suite.
This particular Park Suite you stayed at is indeed an exception with a much smaller lay out than the others due to its location.
We will nevertheless definitely address the matter of the wardrobe doors.
The Executive Housekeeper has been informed on the issue of the drawers not being checked properly by the room maid for immediate improvement.
I sincerely regret that this was not brought to our attention during your stay with us, allowing us to take immediate action and ensuring your stay with us was up to your expectations.
Lastly, I would like to advise that the service and maintenance have been maintained up to standard as the Grand President is fortunately still doing very well thanks to its many loyal guests.
Once again, we sincerely apologize for the disappointment during your last stay.
Please rest assured that all matters have been adressed and that all has been put in place to ensure your next stay with us will again be a memorable one.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards,

Nathalie Burtin

Reviewed May 1, 2009

I had gone to Bangkok to attend an Annual Prize Award ceremony for my business group.

There were several of us who were booked at Grand President.

This being my first visit to Thailand, there was excitement to see and experience all the good things that one had read and heard about Bangkok.

Grand President provided a great stay.

Liked it a lot as customer service was great, rooms were clean, food was good and location of the hotel is quite central.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank SharadJunghare
Reviewed April 28, 2009

We had a junior suite in tower 2.
We only stayed for 3 nights, but if your werte staying for a week this would be a great place. We payed about 130 AUD per night, which i considered good value.
The rooms had a fully stocked kitchenette, with a fully sized fridge, so if you were inclined to cook you could...Seperate living area to the bedroom and Aircons in both rooms.
Once again beds were nice and soft....
If you want a taxi they normally hang out in front (we had to leave at 5:30am and a taxi was ready in 1 minute).
5 minute walk to nana skytrain station...( because of all the food vendors on the street have to walk at least 1/2 the way on the road, but i like the food vendors). There a a heap of restaurants on soi 11 as well as a couple of ok bars as well, so you dont have to go far for anything.
We were given a username / password for their internet, so if you had a laptop internet would have been free.
One complaint was that it took a long time to check in. We had booked 4 week in advance. Would have hoped that they at least would have known which room we were going to be in (arrived close to 6:00pm), and not stuff about for 10 minutes trying to figure out where to put us...God i hate that!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abundy
Reviewed April 25, 2009

The hotel location is so close to the shopping centers, the service provided to us was amazing from the day we arrived to the hotel, how the staff were taking care of us, they were very helpful, smile faces.
I was very impressed with staff - SALLY - she is really unique, charming the way was taking care of us, and asking us for the assistance which she can help, and was ready for any kind of queries, she is an asset to the Hotel.
My name is Hilal Shidhani
Oman - Mobile [--]

1  Thank OmanBoy
Reviewed April 23, 2009

The Grand President hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 11 (Soi sib ett, as the taxis yell it), has been my home away from for four years now. I refuse to stay anywhere else--ITS THAT SIMPLE!!! My name is W. Gramps Gregory, owner of Black Crab Diving on the southern island of Koh Tao. Every time I arrive at The Grand President, I am greeted with "Sawatt Dee Krap Mr. Poo Dam, which means black crab in Thai language.

The hotel is emaculant and the hotel staff is wonderful. Very professional and ultra polite...It feels like home. The "Standard Room" is designed as if it were your home. The "Deluxe Suites" are simply AMAZING!

As stated before, I've been a returning guest at The Grand President for years; and , would you believe that everyone down to the security staff speaks to me in my Thai name "Mr. Poo Damh". Khun SALLY (Miss Sally) is reception, host, and concierce--has much knowledge of the Bangkok area attractions and is a very valuable asset to the hotel.

What ever your interset are, the Grand President is sure to cater to you desire...Transportation: 200 metres to bangkok's state of the art over-head train, night-life, right in the center of it; food, the best buffet in town; gym, sauna, and spa.....WOW!

Would I recomend The Grand President to all......Yes Without a doubt. Make sure upon entering the hotel lobby, that you are prepared for Sally's wai and smile!

W. Gramps Gregory AKA Poo Damh of Black Crab Diving; Koh Tao, Thailand.

2  Thank PooDamh
Reviewed April 20, 2009

I have been staying at the Grand President for one month for the past 8 years. The staff knows me by name when I arrive. The rooms are very clean and nice. But the wondeful staff and the German Beer House (really a resturant) are the reasons I keep comming back.
Frank the owner of the Beer House is a good friend after my many stays. A very good value for a trip to the land of smiles.
David W. Clepper