“Treat you like royalty.”
Review of Grand President

Grand President
Ranked #726 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 20, 2009

I have been staying at the Grand President for one month for the past 8 years. The staff knows me by name when I arrive. The rooms are very clean and nice. But the wondeful staff and the German Beer House (really a resturant) are the reasons I keep comming back.
Frank the owner of the Beer House is a good friend after my many stays. A very good value for a trip to the land of smiles.
David W. Clepper
Texas, U.S.A.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,716)

Reviewed April 19, 2009

This was my third stay at the GP and as always it was perfect. The entire staff from the bloke who opens the taxi door to the cashier at the end are friendly, courteous and efficient.

SHORT VERSION

Very VERY clean
Great position
Beautiful rooms
Excellent breakfast
3 swimming pools, fitness room, and internet
excellent staff

Longer version
The GP actually consists of 3 towers on Soi 11. Tower 1 and 2 on the right, Tower 3 on the left over the Old German beer house.
On arrival reception is in tower 1. Our room each time has been tower 3, we were taken to our room and 2 minutes later the free baby cot arrived, was assembled and occupied, the kid does not like to travel. the hotel will provide a babysitter from/ to whatever time you wantat a very reasonable rate, and each time we came back, the kid was happy and asleep, good enough for me.
The rooms are a good size and very clean and well decorated. There's a mini bar, full fridge, free safe, sat tv and kitchenette.
The GP is on Soi 11 which is 5 mins walk from the BTS, or 15 min stroll to Soi Nana and the nearest night/wildlife, I like the walk because there's plenty to see along the way.
Food wise there are a few choices, the hotels own Cafe 11 is very good and is were you will be for breakfast, great choice of menu but make sure and try the omlette guy, he's a master. The Old German beer house over the road serves hearty food that will stick to your ribs and set you up for the day/night, there's a pizzarea and a susi place which I haven't tried but you get 10% off all these if your staying in the GP.
The fitness room is in tower 2 and has many machines to punish yourself with, free water is available and everything seems new and clean. No rusty clapped out things like i've seen in other hotels. Each tower has a pool, personally I like tower1 best, but all are good, and food and drink can be ordered poolside.
But the clincher for me is the staff. I've had contact with cleaners, concierge, cashier, reception, babysitters, bellboys, door openers and room service. They are all excellent, friendly, courtious, efficient and very good at their jobs.
Overall, not the cheapest hotel for this part of Bangkok, but certainly the best service and that's why I keep going back.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2009

It's something when the duty manager remembers me and says welcome back. Maybe she saw my name in the computer, but still that's just an indication of the quality of management and care. Everything is well run here and for what it offers, it is one of the best places to stay. My one complaint? The lack of hot water in Tower 2. (I stayed in a 2 room suite.) I know it's a big place but the hot water runs out fast and water pressure is poor. True, it's Bangkok and you have to accept the water pressure issues, but still, hot water would be nice. Aside from that, I keep going back because of nice touches like free internet, reasonable costs for laundry, a very good breakfast (the variety puts some alleged 5* hotels to shame) and of course people like the wonderful lady that doesn't just sit at her manager's desk in the lobby but walks around and makes sure guests are ok. The room service is good as well.
Some of the lavish expensive bangkok hotels should send their management staff to visit to the Grand President to see what proper management is. I like the staff here because it is obvious they are supervised and someone made an effort to train them. My only other gripe is the dining room staff. Someone needs to tell them that farangs like their coffee and that it's annoying to have to have to flag down the person with the coffee. Sort of petty I know and nothing serious when taken in the context of a wonderful facility. I know management reads Trip Adviser, so it's just a polite suggestion to make the place perfect.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank TranspaciFlyer
Reviewed April 18, 2009

The hotel management were very helpful and the customer services were exellent , First of all I would like to thank Ms Sally for all suports and tourist advices she has given to us .

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2009

I have travelled all over the world for the past 20 years and have stayed in hundreds of hotels. When I was referred to Grand President on Soi 11, I was a bit apprehensive. I have to say, the staff at the hotel from the sales desk to the housekeeping department to security, all of them alway met me with a smile and seemed to truly enjoy their jobs, their co-workers and the entire hotel. They catered for every need I had and went beyond what some of the larger well known chailns would have done. I have stayed with them for almost 1 year now and will not stay in any other hotel when in Bangkok. I very highly recommend Grand President to all my friends and work mates. This hotel in my book is #1, by far

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2009

We enjoyed our stay at The Grand President(Suk soi 11).

The check-in was smooth and sufficient although I had to pay 1000 Baht extra because of an early arrival(07.30 AM).
All people working there were always friendly and smiling.

We made a reservation through the hotel's own website and used a package deal with two extra days including internet, breakfast and a daily newspaper.

Our suite was at the 14th level(building two) with a living room, a seperate bedroom and our babycot was brought within one hour.

The swimmingpool was small but good enough with a friendly pool/gym-guy who gave you your towels.

Breakfast was very well organised(buffet-style) with enough people who provided you with coffee, cleaned your table or filled the buffet.

The location was also superb near all entertainment at Sukhumvit but even with a family it was relaxing to stay here.
If you are a single this would be a great place to stay when you are in BKK.

It was very enjoyable for us to stay here and we would like to recommend this hotel.

Next time we will stay again at The Grand President........................

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2009

My wife and I totally enjoyed this hotel and are grateful to the wonderful staff for there hospitality. We have traveled to Bangkok before and are aware of how hospitable the Thai people are, but the staff at the Grand President exceeded what we had experienced in the past.
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel and will stay there again any time we are in Bangkok.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
NBBangkok, General Manager at Grand President, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2009

Dear Archoo,

Thank you so much for your very positive feedback on the Grand President.
We are very glad to hear that you and your wife have enjoyed your stay with us and namely the friendly service provided by our team.
We look forward to welcoming you back shortly again.
Warm regards,