“Too Average!”

Ranked #706 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Too Average!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We booked room for 3 nights and made full payments before making our trip. The check in was aweful! The guy at the reception asked for 1000 baht as security deposit for the mini bar, as I said I have not exchnaged any money yet and I only have dollars with me he asked for 50 dollars. I then said I have 100 dollar bills so he should give me a change of 50. He did not agree and told that he can't let us in to our room unless we pay it! the guy was very rude, not at all accommodative! ! then I asked to either my block my card for the amount or to remove the minibar, they did not even agree to kt n then I raised my voice and asked to show me where in their policy it is written that he can't let me enter the room without paying the money when I have already made full payments for the room!! then the manager came in and took care of the situation and took the money in the evening!!
the rest of the stay was nice with spacious room and great breakfast spread. But after the check in experience I do don't think I will ever return!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Afsana-I

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in November and found it to be excellent. The breakfast in the morning was plentiful and a very good standard. The room was huge with separate lounge and very large wardrobes. It has a wonderful kitchenette but the restaurants, cafes and bars around the area served the best (and great value) foods all hours of the day and night including good quality supermarkets. The location was fantastic. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Domenique F
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our 1st stay here and it was pretty much as you read in the reviews.

We stayed earlier at The Kingston Suites ( a sister hotel right next door ) and we would not chose to stay at Grand President again we would most definitely book at the Kingston Suites on our next visit in July 2014.

The Grand President was 'Grand' once however these days the rooms are showing their age, very dated design and very tired worn out bathroom with various devices in states of disrepair.

Staff everywhere in the hotel were great. On check in we declined an upgrade to the front tower as I had read many poor reports on trip advisor.

I was disappointed with breakfast buffet - dishes not replenished quickly and not much meat around ( no bacon here! )

We were happy with room 604B at the rear because it was very quiet - just what we were after - a fair older hotel for a fair price.

Read the reviews for hotel and that is exactly what you will get

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were happy with 604B ( we did not here any outside noise )
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jon M
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 28, 2013

booked the hotel for 5 nights but decided to check out and move to another hotel after 2 nights

- room are very noisy, you hear people on hallway.
- rooms are old and worn out.
- the price is not worth of what you are getting, paid around 2000 THB a night (incl. tax)
- poor security at the hotel

would recommend to look at other hotel. you should be able to find a nicer hotel for the same price in the direct surrounding

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I love the location and the sukhumvit area of Bangkok, visited many times before, however I felt let down by the hotel.

The photos looked amazing, but I was disappointed with the hotel. I booked for two nights, I got a 2nd floor room in tower 3 which was close to the street.... The noise from soi 11 and in particular one of the cute VW campervan bars meant that When I went to bed, I didn't get a good sleep at all on the first night.... and as I had an early morning flight on the second night I decided to leave at 1am and go and sleep at the airport rather than the room!!

The rooftop pool on tower 3 is nice, probably the only nice feature for me.

I don't think I will be booking this hotel on my next trip.

Room Tip: Avoid the 2nd floor tower 3 street end!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 159amandah
Naples, Italy
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The hotel is close to the main street of Bangkok in a very crowded environment. It is structured in three different towers and I was in the third one. Rooms are fairly clean and quiet, with air conditioning and all it is needed (even a small microwave and a large fridge). Personnel is very professional even though some of them do not speak good English. Breakfast is great and if you sit in the outer patio you can also enjoy the ectic street in which the hotel is.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor more distant from the noise of the street. They have smokers and non smokers ro...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed December 15, 2013

it's a great locationin soi 11,it's a good price staffs are courteous It's well located for Nana BTS station and a reasonable walking distance to other amenities. The hotel itself is in decent condition and the staff are friendly. The room was a bit disappointing The hotel has a small swimming pool

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends