“The Grand President Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand”
Review of Grand President

Grand President
Ranked #749 of 895 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stay at the the Grand President Hotel on Soi 11 in Bangkok, Thailand. This is my 8th trip to Bangkok and staying at the Grand President Hotel. The staff at the Grand President are polite
and friendly. They make you feel very comfortable and relaxing. The hotel as a whole is clean and comfortable There are 3 towers and each towers has a swimming pool and 2 of the towers
has a exercising room. Each morning in the main tower, there is an continental breakfast which
offer to the hotel guest for free. Outside guest must pay. Also, if you like Japanese food, there
is a Japanese restaurant in the hotel. For eating, there are several places you can go in the area.
There is an German, Italian, Chinese/Thai, and a Korean restaurant that is not to far from the
hotel. The Grand President is located on Soi 11 which is centralize near the BTM station, the
shopping center, and other things that you can do.
center, and

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank russ547
Write a ReviewReviews (1,772)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

The Grand President consists 3 towers, towers 1&2 joined and older 3 across road. We stayed in Tower 2 this time.
T1 is Breakfast: We decided to take Junior Suite through Expedia and got a great rate: better than direct to hotel! (we had a Studio Suite last time which was great.
The room had all amenities including Iron/Board 2 Tvs, Microwave, toaster & fridge Loads of cupboard space and plenty of tables and chairs for PCs etc. Free internet and daily supply of free water. Bed very comfortable and bathroom/shower great.
Breakfast in Tower 1 was excellent with loads of choice - every cuisine available so no excuse: special egg station for custom eggs. Tour booking by in-house Concierge or tour agent at Tour Booking desk. Very handy for cheap Skytrain (5 mins walk) Nearby supermarkets for Kitchen supplies. Staff very helpful and any complaint in room sorted within the hour. Reasonably priced Launderette facilities - about £2.80 for a big wash. Two Swimming pools available and Gyms (with headphones) Snooker and Table Tennis. Second visit for us! Can book Taxi/ Shuttle Cab or Limo for Airport run. Limo was a Camry and excellent for £20.

Room Tip: Tower 1 or 2 are newer and handy for breakfast. Tower 3 has best pool. You have access to all faci...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Doogleboy
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I have returned to soi 11 for the last 10 years mostly staying at the Grand President in various grades of room. I had 4 days before going down to the islands and then 3 nights on the way back. I booked the GP for the first period, deluxe room. At reception I requested a high floor non smoking room which I got. 15th floor but unfortunately next to the maids room so some disturbance early in the morning and the less attractive view out of the back of the hotel. This was not a great problem and the staff, especially the bell boys remain the best in Bangkok. I made the great mistake of breaking my own rule and not booking a hotel on soi 11 for the second period of my stay. I fancied a change and booked another hotel on soi 2, Majestic Grand. Never again. It was more expensive and further from Nana station and I found myself walking back to Soi 11 every night anyway. The free internet stations in reception at the GP are very useful and the breakfasts good, apart from the coffee.

Room Tip: If you can afford a little extra go for the suites. If not the basic refurbished rooms are OK but no...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at Grand President over the new year period. The hotel staff are both friendly and helpful, and the reception area is clean and comfortable.
We stayed in a standard room which was a little run down and in need of some decorating, however it was clean. We were put in tower 3 which is across the road from the reception area, and I believe all standard rooms are in this block.
Soi 11 is very central, close to the sky train station which is ideal and also a short walk to Terminal 21 shopping centre.
If you are looking for a central location and are staying for a short period of time, Grand President is fine, however if you are looking for somewhere to stay for any longer, I would recommend either upgrading your room here, or paying a little more for something more modern.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Steve1758
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a day last week and found the staff accomodative for arranging the beds as requesting and the food was excellent and was available from all continents to taste and found the location very central and all the major attractions just a few jogs - MRT, Supermarkets, Discos, Night Spots.

Room Tip: They have separate floor for smokers and non-smokers but as said the hotel is very accomodative they...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TRICOM
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I return to The Grand President after a 10 year absence and stayed in one of the Deluxe Suites in Tower 2. To my surprise, nothing had changed in that Tower except the rooms were older and in need of renovation. Apparently they are renovating other parts of the hotel, but Tower 2 has not been done yet. Many floor tiles were cracked/broken. Cabinets were chipped and seedy. The good part was the mattress was comfortable and there was a washer/dryer combo unit in the kitchen.

I had to call housekeeping before I would even unpack my suitcases. The floor was littered with old noodles and other debris. The quality of housekeeping remained very poor my entire stay.

Breakfast was ok, a certain improvement over 10 years ago. However, other services such as bellman and concierge has suffered.

Location was very good. Soi 11 is not the quiet street it was 10 years ago. Lots of restaurants and upscale bars now line the streets.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have been coming to Bangkok and staying at the Grand President for the past 5 years. Yes the rooms are tired but for the price and location it never really bothered me. As long as the rooms were kept clean then I was happy. My last stay was January 4 - 16. I arrived at midnight and was very tired after a 20 hour flight. I was placed in room 1229 and was very disappointed at the condition of the room. The dishwasher in the kitchen had some type of problem and had duct tape over the top of it. If that wasn't bad enough the duct tape was so old and beat up that it looked like it had been there for several months. I then went into the bathroom and there was so much mildew on the tile in the shower that I immediately called the front desk and asked to change rooms. The girl at the front desk at first said they were sold out then saw something that made her change her mind. Perhaps she saw that I have been a regular customer. Anyway I was changed to room 1223. This room was much better although I did find a few spots of mildew in the shower as well. I figured this could wait until morning. The next morning I had the mildew spots taken care of. I also I checked out the rest of the room. The outside windows could use a good window washing. The furniture is old and tired and should be changed soon. After the first room experience the rest of my holiday went very well. The staff,especially the bellmen (Siam is great) security,and the housekeeping ladies went out of their way to see to my needs. The hotel is guest friendly so I had no problem inviting new friends to my room. Try and get a room in tower 2. The Deluxe Suites come with a washer/dryer which makes it very convenient to wash clothes at any time. I am always trying to look for a good deal on hotels and I always seem to find it at the Compass Hospitality website. Be sure to check the latest currency conversion rates because the Thai bhat has gone up a lot in just the past year. I am just hoping that what happened to me this last visit was just fluke. I will continue to use the Compass Hospitality website to search for good deals. If this leads me back to the Grand President then I will give them another try. Although if I get checked into another room like 1229 then I might start looking for another hotel.

Room Tip: You might want to avoid rooms in tower 2 that are low level and face next door to the Ambassador hot...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo