First of all, I would like to thank Leo from the Grand President for being helpful and patient towards my request to change from Standard Room to Executive suite.
I'd read the Grand President good reviews and decided to book a Standard room for 1 night stay. Before the Grand President, I had stayed at Holiday Inn Bangkok for 3 nights. So I can tell you that there is a big difference between these 2 hotels. But I must say that it's unfair if I compare the Grand President with Holiday Inn cos the price is doubled at Holiday Inn.
Anyway, we checked-in to the STANDARD ROOM and were glad that Leo came to assist us as the receptionist's English is very bad. We were brought to Tower 3 which is opposite the hotel main road and have to go through tiny small lanes to the Tower 3. As only me and my sister stay, I'm afraid that the small lane is dangerous for us 2 girls.
All the Tower's lobby was very nice and comfortable. But we did not expect the Standard room to be this bad. As soon as I entered the Standard room apartment, I can smell the stale furniture & cigarettes smoke smell. And the floor was cold & sticky as it's not carpeted.
The bed's firmness was fine but when I sit on it, I felt uncomfortable. Maybe the bed sheets are a bit old. The 2 single beds were placed so near to each other that there is only a small space enough for your 2 legs. And when you pick up the phone to speak, you can smell the stale breath from the phone receiver. I think they did not bother to clean the phones. The toilet also a bit old.
AFTER all the horrors of the Standard Room, I've decided to change to Executive Suite for an extra THB300.
The Executive Suite was average, at least much better than the standard room and it's at Tower 1 directly above the reception counter which is more lively. The room is very spacious and carpeted at the living area. But it still have some smell of old furniture & cigarettes. The Bed, pillows & toilet are ok and clean. But the bathtub are stained and the hot water is faulty. Sometimes the water is very hot and sometimes the water very cold. I have to keep adjusting the water throughout my shower.
The free buffet breakfast food was good but the staff was not friendly. Cos my sister told me that when I checked in, my friends (4 girls) waited for me at the coffee house at Tower 1. They ordered 1 set of sandwiched (that was about after lunch) and shared among themselves. The waitress looked at us from head to toe and toe to head again giving us some stare meaning we are poor or some similar meaning. We think that it is impolite to give these stares.
Overall, I give only 2 stars for the Grand President mainly because Leo gave a good & friendly service. If you really must stay here, stay the suites as they are better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand President Bangkok is situated along Sukhumvit Soi 11 and a 5 minute walk to Nana BTS skytrain station. It is walking distance to entertainment outlets such as QBar and Bash, and a short drive to hospitals, embassies and shopping centers. This property features 437 air-conditioned rooms and suites all with a kitchenette consisting of a large fridge and microwave oven. Additional facilities include a Laundromat, 3 outdoor swimming pools, cafe with alfresco dining, sauna and steam room. Present your keycard for exclusive discounts and/or free entrance to select restaurants, bars and hospitals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand President reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand President Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Grand President Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Grand President Hotel