Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Priceline$36
Booking.com$40
Travelocity$45
2,330 results
All reviews nana bts street food soi suite thai terminal
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I remembered staying here first in 1997 and then recently again last week (Sept 2011). In between I have stayed once or twice, but there are so many varied selection of hotels in Bangkok depending on your specified travel needs (and traffic consderations!). Oh yes, I deliberately chose Tower 2, as it is along the main road, and is part of the main towers of 1 and 2. No comments about tower 3, as I never stayed there.
This time around, it is no longer a business trip but a family vacation for 3, and we booked through its website and the rates keep on increasing week after week, a ploy i guess, to ensure that you book early and prepaid to boot!
In any case, we managed to book a junior suite of 56m2, that comes with breakfast for 2 (we were 3..). Room was as I remembered it, spacious with basic amenities, except now they have a DVD player in room, LCD TV, and luckily, water pressure in the bathroom was good for a shower! Room is clean (what a blessing!), and have a musky smell when you first enter the room without the aircon on. A blast of the aircon soon clear the smell, and it is otherwise liveable and convenient. We were lucky as the room came provided with a Teka washer/dryer machine, though it made a huge amount of noise as it tumbles your clothes, but hey, it is a convenience to get clean clothes night after night, so no big complains!
We were given free wifi, which is only assigned to one pc, so it's either my wife's iPhone or my notebook. But to their benefit, they offer to disconnect the connection to my wife's iphone so that I can connect with my pc instead. Otherwise, connection is good on 10th floor, and you have choice of either LAN or wifi. Oh, and the room come with a rather large electronic safe, good for storing any valuables for peace of mind when you leave the room during the day.
Staff service is pleasant, and the concierge manager brought up our luggages himself as they were short handed at times! House keeping does a good job, although I have keep calling them every night to ask for extra set of towels, even though they know I have booked the room specifically for 3 persons. It got to a point that they even stopped giving a kitchen towel on the 3rd day. Maybe it is because we did not give them a tip each and everytime they came with the extra towels..??
Food otherwise for 2 is adequate to its benefit, and caters for patrons from Middle Eastern culture and muslims alike, with food specifically marked 'Halal'. Free coffee and tea together with juices complements the plates of fruit spread, with cheeses and hams and a small selection of pastries. Eggs station is manned by one chef, and he gets innudated with request for omelettes.
It is a few mins walk to Nana BTS, which make up for all its other shortcomings, and along the way we came across local vendors selling cooked food to the locals by the streets, so we are assured of the safety of the streets.
By the fact that it is a few mins walk to the main road where the BTS is, noise is kept low, and you will not be kept awake from the blare of the nearby pubs on Soi 4, or the never ending traffic snarls on the main Sukhumvit road. A service apartment that caters for families and offer the convenience of a kitchen with a large refrigerator to store all our fruits and icy cold drinks, and a separate living room to space out after a day of walking and shopping. For those city folks, you will get a bit of a surprise when you hear the rooster crowing in the morning when sun breaks! Not a racket, but you will know that there are some live stocks nearby. Definitely suitable for free and easy stay with all short comings easily overlooked!

Room tip: Most hotels charge for 7% VAT on top of the 10% service charge. If you book on the various hotel bookings website, be sure to check if the rates if incusive of service and VAT. ON the President's website, they will charge for only 10% service charge and no more.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
GPBangkok, General Manager at Grand President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Dear Taipei921,

Thank you for your recently posted review. I appreciate the time you have taken and I will address the relevant comments below;

Rates; Our room rates are dynamic and change based on occupancy levels and other market factors. Most hotels follow this method of pricing.

Housekeeping; Sorry there was a musky smell when your first entered the room. We will look into the ventilation of room 1021 where you stayed. I am also sorry the Housekeeper did not provide you with enough bath linen and a kitchen cloth consistently. We will retrain our staff on this and assure you it has nothing to do with tips you paid. Nonetheless, thank you for the tips; Housekeepers are the hardest working staff in a hotel and are often unrecognized.

Breakfast; Thanks to your feedback, we will add extra staff ‘egg-counter’ when we find too many Guests waiting for their egg orders. Regarding the menu, though around 40% of our guests are Japanese, we have many requests for vegetarian and Halal Food.

Taipei921, I take this opportunity to thank you for being a loyal guest since 1997 and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

We traveled in a group of 8 people.thus had 4 rooms.

The conditions of the non smoking rooms were reasonable. fairly clean and had a mini pantry.

on the other hand the rooms on the smoking floors where horrible, if you are a non smoker please request for a non smoking floor at all cost. the whole level smelled of cigarette, it was so bad that all in my group that stayed on those level fell sick on the second day of stay. Hotel stated that it was our fault because we did not indicate we wanted a non smoking room. But on the other hand we were not told of this option provided to us. all our previous stays in Hong kong and KL it was not needed to indicate. The hotel staff promised us we will be able to change room at the end of the second day but only go back on their word saying there are no rooms available. instead the manager offered a suit on a smoking floor, not seeing the point that we want to get out of a smoking floor, but after much persuading at the counter, they finally gave all rooms on non smoking floor. the fact is they had the rooms but did not want to give us the rooms. After all these, the manager tried to offer us some complimentary gifts, ended up giving 4 pieces of fruit as compensation for the trouble caused.

Hotel service is down right bad. staff not keeping to their word, Giving empty promises. as stated above.

The power for the whole hotel block tripped during the period of my stay, we called the reception to ask what happen but they never got back to us.

The hotel is also situated in a horrible location, the roads there are always jammed no taxi will want to take you back to the hotel because it will jam after they let you of.

don't be fooled by the free wifi, it is charged. we were told there is free wifi.

i will not return here again.

Room tip: pick else where to stay
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank acokeaday
GPBangkok, Vice President at Grand President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Dear acokeaday,

Thank you for your posting the review and I regret you and the group you were here with did not have a pleasant experience.

Our staff should have been more helpful finding you rooms on non-smoking floors and I am sorry we put you through a lot of aggravation.
We have a month of high occupancies but to ensure we don’t have similar problems of poor coordination and service, we have to decided not to aim for a full house till we improve on our room allotment planning and internal communications.

Sorry about the power failure during your stay and our staff not reverting to you about the same.

Regarding the wi-fi, I’m sorry you found the service inadequate during your stay. We will be increasing the bandwidth and improving the infrastructure effective 1st November.

To try and make amends for all that we put you through, I would like to offer you one nights complimentary stay in a Junior Studio, any time before 31st March 2012. The offer includes the breakfast buffet for two persons.

I do hope you will allow us to offer you a more pleasant stay than your last one.

President Park Group.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I bought a Wot mystery deal for the cheap price and it turned out to be Grand President Bangkok. Think that I got the worst room because it was a Wot Room. Here's why.

This hotel/service apartment has 3 towers. The reception is located in Tower 1 and Tower 2 is next to it. Tower 3 is located on the opposite side of the street with no amenities at the ground floor except a security counter. I was given a room in Tower 3, Level 2, next to the lift. The air smelled musty but it was clean and comfortable enough... The air con could not be adjusted as the controls were spoilt. So it was v cold at night. The bathroom was very very large and spacious although I wish more space was given to the dining area which is just a small table with 2 chairs. I think there might have been a blackout at night cos I woke up in pitch darkness and the aircon was off. The TV started to act up too and was hazy with bad reception.

Overall it's what you get for a price of about US$65. Good value and a short walk to Nana sky train station (about 7 mins slow stroll). I will recommend this only if it's at this price and you don't mind the basic standards.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear kokonuk,

Thank you for the review but I regret you didn’t have a good stay, mainly due to the poor air-conditioning.

We plan to inspect the thermostats and chilled water valves in all our rooms and repair any faulty ones at the earliest. I do hope you will try Grand President again and allow us to provide a much better level of service.

President Park Group.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

No serious complaints. Staff was helpful and friendly (mostly). I noticed that sometimes I smelled some burning odors and made sure not nothing was. I figured out later that it was likely that smoking fumes were traveling in the HVAC. Also, the location is nearly clubs and late night restaurants so loud music could be heard even though I was seven stories up (I was in Tower 3 across the street from the main two). Usually dies out by 2AM but on the weekends make that 4AM or later.

When using elevator, insert and remove your room card from the elevator card reader to access you floor. No one told me that. I learned the long way.

Cable TV was very staticky and limited in channels.

There is a comprehensive control console by the bed to console many lights, TV, A/C level, room service, etc.

Bed was a bit springy.

Internet is free but hard to log-in.

Taxi drivers nearby hotels always circumvent the proper system in which the meter is used. My normal ride to work is under 80 bahts but these opportunists ask for 250-300 bahts (taxi drivers aren't supposed to negotiate, that's what the meters are for.

I found a better (so far) hotel nearer work at the Bangkok Cha-Da in Huai Kwang. Cheaper and better and newer but the internet is not free.

Either way, the Grand President is better than average but not quite 'Very Good.' I would give it 3.5

Room tip: Away from the noisy streets.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
GPBangkok, Vice President at Grand President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Dear rhysdavid... ,

Thank you for your comments.

Unfortunately, I have agree the area is quite loud due to the Sukhumvit 11 night clubs and street life that stay open late into the night.
I regret the signage for the elevator access controllers was not clear. We will look into adding a more prominent sign soon.

We plan to improve TV signals and upgrade the internet system by the 15th of October and assure you of a better experience when you are here next.

We do hope you will consider the Grand President for your future Bangkok visits.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

The rooms are similar to other apartment hotels in Bangkok. Modern, maybe slightly cold, but comfortable beds, nice little kitchen and spotlessly clean with friendly Thai service all round. Grand President has a good breakfast buffet with a large selection of nice food.

It can be a bit loud until about 2am, but if you stay on Skv 11, that's expected. There are more bars in the area than you can possibly visit and the renowned Bed Supper Club is just a 2 minute walk up Soi 11. Shopping stalls (cheap cheap!) all along Sukhumvit and malls further down the road towards the city. Check out MBK.

This place has a pretty nice gym too. Definitely better than some of the nearby competition. It made the difference for me, because prices are about the same.

Room tip: High up, away from Soi 11
Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Turicus,

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased you enjoyed you stay.
I agree the area is rather loud due to the night clubs and street life that stay open late into the night.
We look forward to your return in near future and we’ll certainly ensure we give you a quieter room.