“Tradition meets modernity” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Thessaloniki, Greece
“Tradition meets modernity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2011

The Conrad Bangkok is an excellent hotel, either traveling for business or leisure.The hotel is situated in the business district of Bangkok and part of the All Seasons Place shopping complex. There are a few good restaurants just outside and a Starbucks round the corner. The hotel and the rooms are beautifully decorated with an elegant asian yet modern touch and maintaining an attention to detail at all times. There is a great swimming pool on the 7th floor, 2 tennis courts, spa and fitness centre. The food was excellent and we had a couple of cocktails in the lobby bar, which was also very good! Τhe concierge was very helpful at all times and as it proved their recommendations for food and entertainment outside the premises were top notch. Would definitely go to Conrad again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2010

It was a gorgeous place to stay. Enjoyed many amenities that you don't at the American equivalent.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2010

Stayed here after backpacking Vietnam and was very pleased. Its a great hotel, friendly staff (Gaow was particularly impressive with her knowledge and recommendations for us).

There is a free shuttle bus that goes to the BTS sky train, but the taxi's are cheap enough anyway.

There is a Starbucks in the mall connected to the hotel which is really good. But the breakfast at the hotel is amazing. Too much choice with cuisines from all around the world.

Can't go wrong with the hotel, regardless the purpose of your trip!

The only thing that annoyed me was the lack of response to an email I sent the manager (Pieper) to explain that we we're going to be celebrating our anniversary while at this hotel and wanted some flowers and champagne arranged beforehand, as I wouldn't have had an opportunity to arrange this on arrival due to my wife being with me. A response either way would have been nice.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dam4n
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2010

This is an excellent hotel in an excellent location. Great spa and great gym. Lots of shopping just downstairs. Can be a bit of traffic out front and a challenge to get a taxi during peak travel hours, but the BTS is just 10 minute walk away. Staff always very helpful and also great food. Fantastic attention to detail. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank JSMBali
spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2010

Recently booked two night stay direct with hotel and then extended stay resulting in two seperate charges being correctly debited to my debit card that I supplied. Imagine my shock when a couple of days later when I tried to pay for lunch and my card was declined.
I went immediately on line to check my bank account to discover that Conrad Bangkok had made a third debit to my Bank account which is an overcharge. I have since sent 3 E mails to direct to be totally fobbed off by Reservations and Reception. Initillay I was told my mail had been passed from Reservations to Reception to deal with. I mailed back asking why.The most recent mail states they have queried this matter with their Accounts Department and there is no overcharge. They have requested a copy of my Credit Card statement, which I I am not in receipt of at this time. I am not sure I want to supply this as it contains further personal details which after my experience with them so far I would not want them to have. I know they are definitely withholding un authorised funds from me. I am currently on vacation and have sent E mails to my bank requesting they stop this payment whick took place five days ago.
We travel to Bangkok regularly and normally stay at either Lebua or Landamark hotels.
We are now sorry that we booked Conrad and we have not even stayed there yet.
I myself work as a Reception Manager and find the level of customer service I am receiveing is appalling . If any member of my staff dealt with a guest in the manner I have been dealt with their position would be currently under supension and investigation.
If Conrads General Manager reads Trip Advisor my Reservation no. is included in the title.
May I politely suggest to you to get your appropriate Departmental head to investigate this matter and provide me firstly with a refund followed by an apology.
If any TA members are thinking of staying her may I recommend either Lebua or Landmark hotels where we have stayed on many occdasions and have fantastic experiences of both in all areas. I may add the Conrad looked good to us thats why we booked it but we certainly dont want to pay double what we were quoted. An I need those funds back in my account so I can spend my hard earned money whilst on holiday!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank SpainJan
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2010

After reading favourable reviews of Conrad Bangkok, we chose the hotel for the facilities and wanted something a bit more up-scale. The hotel is situated in the business district of Bangkok and part of the All Seasons Place shopping complex. Prior to our arrival, we had arranged a car to pick us up from the airport to transfer us to the hotel which was very convenient and not too expensive.

We had booked the Executive King Room which was located on level 24, upon arrival, our bags were taken to our room and we completed the check-in process at the Executive check-in reception in the lounge. As with most hotels with this facility, it was nice to have a concierge service and check-out without having to use the main reception. The staff were always very pleasant and it was useful to have some local knowledge including some Thai phrases.

The room we had was tastefully and beautifully decorated, in fact, it was impeccable. We particularly liked the Asian feel to the room, including a cute blue toy elephant that was placed on our bed.

We did not use the pool area but we did take a walk around. We used the courtesy hotel shuttle which took us to the Skytrain at Ploen Chit station (Sukhumvit Line). The shuttle runs every 15mins and in fact, the Skytrain service is very easy and cheap to use if not crowded at times.

Overall I had no complaints about the hotel and would definitely return if I was stopping in Bangkok again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MAB28
bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

We went for our anniversary. It was fantastic. They even sent us chocolates, flowers and a bottle of wine. Beautiful surroundings. Excellent service, excellent food, perfect rooms. Cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple