“Doesnt get better than this”

Conrad Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #71 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Amazing yet again. We arrived early in the morning and our room wasnt ready until the customary 2pm. Nothing was too much problem and they made us comfortable with breakfast (free), coffee (amazing and free) and offered us a temporary room (free) to shower and snooze in until our room was ready. Fantastic service and easily the nest service anywhere. Wanted to take the staff home with us as really miss this in Australia.

Room Tip: Go the executive floor - free internet, food galore and amazing service
There are newer reviews for Conrad Bangkok Hotel

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Stayed in Conrad Bangkok for a few nights.Location is quite near to the Phloen Chit train station around 10 minutes walk. Service was ok, the check-in and check-out is fast. Staffs were quite helpful in explaining and answering most of our questions.

The room was excellent and clean. It's also quite spacious. Bathroom are also quite good with see through glass to the bedroom which you can close with a curtain (but there's still some spot you couldn't completely cover with the curtain)...the bathtub was ok and better than your regular 4-5 star normal bathtub, unfortunately shower room wasn't really well sealed, so everytime I finished, some of the water would leak into the bathroom. Other than that, the bathroom is clean and good.

Food is pretty ok and basic for buffet breakfast (quite some selection of food, but nothing memorable), the same to be said with the bufffet lunch but I would say the selection is limited compared to some 5 stars hotels I've been to, but still many selection of food that you can have.

Overall it's a good hotel and if you want a hotel in the middle of the city with sukhumvit / siam reap / patpong nearby...but less crowd around the hotel (lots of 5 stars hotels near asok station / nana station but with more crowds around the hotels..working girls and such), this could be a good hotel.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed at the Conrad for a recent conference. From the moment I arrived through check-out the Conrad provided a 5-star experience. Check was fast and efficient. No long lines, pleasant check-in. My room was amazing. It was quite large and Thai-themed. The bathroom was also large with separate shower and tub. The flat screen TV featured an extensive collection of television channels suiting just about every major taste. My room rate included free in-room wi-fi, which was adequate but not as fast as I would have liked.

The hotel features a large breakfast buffet spread with choices for all types of diets and preferred cuisines. Eggs made fresh to order and all the food was served hot.

In terms of location, the hotel is within walking distance of the Sky Train and there is a free shuttle if you don't feel like walking. Attached to hotel is a mall with a plethora of restaurant choices and even a large grocery store.

My only suggestions for improvements would be to have faster Internet service and perhaps add more variety to the buffet. It was pretty much the same each day.

I would be happy to stay at the Conrad again!

Reviewed March 16, 2012

5 stars plus! What a beautiful and amazing respit from all work stress. Every amenity you could imagine, and in the heart of Bangkok. Beautiful place. Wonderful staff. STAY here!! You wont regret it.

Room Tip: Ask for the Executive Floor and VISIT the Spa!!! Its amazing!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We arrived close to midnight and check-in was smooth and efficient. We had booked an Executive Suite and were very pleased to be upgraded to a King Terrace Suite.

While the heat prevented us from using the terrace, we appreciated the privacy that the Terrace Suite offered. The hedges and plantings provided a perfect oasis that blocked all the surrounding buildings. We felt we were in the garden of Eden.

Each morning we had breakfast in Cafe@2. The buffet breakfast included a western station, plus an Indian, Chinese, and Japanese one. I especially enjoyed the made-to-order soup noodles. Although the buffet offers pancakes and waffles, the cook was happy to prepare crepes for me every morning. I would select a cheese and some prosciutto for the cook to put in the crepes.

The ladies in the Executive Lounge were all highly gracious and helpful. By the second morning, they knew I was seeking a Thai iced tea and had one ready when I appeared. The evening appetizers were both delicious and abundant. Who knew a Mai Tai in Bangkok could taste so good!

The concierge staff at the Conrad deserves special recognition. I had numerous questions for them every day and they fulfilled each request quickly, competently, and always with a smile. They directed me to where I could get my shoe repaired, where to get a haircut, where to get a very reasonably priced massage, and where to shop. They also helped booked tours. A special thank you to my favorite - Ya.

And, of course, who could resist the elephants - both the silk ones and the rubber one in the bathtub. Thank you, Michelle, for a most memorable stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bamboola
GMConradbkk, General Manager at Conrad Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Dear Bamboola

Thank you very much for providing us your gracious feedback on your recent stay with us and sharing your kind compliments for our team.

Until next time, Vincent

Reviewed March 12, 2012

This was my first stay at a Conrad, and I now know why people pay extra to stay at such a high-end hotel. The level of service was unparalleled in my experience. I used HiltonHonors points to upgrade to the Executive level. Do it if you can!
Upon check-in I was personally escorted to the 29th floor by the first staff member I encountered. There the dedicated Executive Lounge staff immediately offered a drink and guided us through check-in. The Executive Lounge offers a beautifully arranged breakfast buffet and cocktail hour with heavy hors d'oeuvres.
The rooms are well-appointed and impressively decorated.
The location of the hotel is relatively convenient--a 10-minute walk to the nearest train station. Traffic is generally bad in Bangkok, so use public transportation as much as possible.
As an example of the high level of service, I had trouble connecting my Android phone to the complimentary wireless in the Executive Lounge. I notified staff who promptly called a technician. He arrived within 5 minutes and had the problem resolved within another 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Executive Level if you can!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank JasonSS

Dear Jason SS,

Many thanks for sharing your stay experience. Looking forward to welcoming you back on your second visit very soon, and until then, Vincent

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Fantastic. Stayed here for 2 nights in February on a brief stop-over in Bangkok. Gold HH Member, used points for stay, upgraded to Executive Floor. Treated exceptionally well by all staff. Very contemporary, beautiful room design. Wonderful bed and pillows! Loved the design of the bathroom and the rainfall shower. Appeared to be recently remodeled. Exceeded my expectations in all areas.

Used Bangkok Limo to/from airport and quite pleased with their service. The Bangkok Traffic is quite bad, so be sure to add extra time to get to/from the airport in peak times (normally about a 40 minute drive),

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TXFlyer

Dear TXFlyer,

Many thanks for sharing your experience with us and I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Wishing to welcome you back again soon!

With kind regards - Vincent