Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
menorah56
Southern UK

So Close & Not so Far

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 25, 2011
I've stayed at This hotel several times since 2003 and whilst not the most attractive, it does offer a level of service and value for money that more expensive hotels often fail to deliver.
It's location near The Makassan railway station makes it easy to find by taxi meter and most drivers know it by name anyway.
Rooms average about 1400 baht for standard accommodation inclusive of breakfast. Generally the rooms are bright & spacious, although a little dated. The reception area is calm & welcoming and the staff pleasant & helpful. Most rooms look out either on the swimming pool or views across the city. At street level there are plenty of shops, market stall & food vendors to satisfy most visitors to the area. The larger shopping malls or city attractions are also easily accessible via taxi or BTS. The large Pratunum market is within a few hundred metres so souvenirs can be added to your luggage at the last moment before leaving for the airport.
The area is safe and trouble free. I've walked through the numerous alleys & back streets many times at night. Locals are often surprised to see lone 'Farang' in the Thai suburbs but smile or wave in response to any greeting.
Date of stay: August 2010
    $60
3.5 miles from Bangkok Palace Hotel
View more hotels in Bangkok
2,856 results
All reviews indian restaurant swimming pool nice hotel walking distance hotel staff market indra
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Cozy hotel in town that near to wet market. Service is good and Value for money.

Date of stay: September 2010
1  Thank malmt2011
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Bangkok city is full on and very good if you want to have fun and see all you have never seen before12 times i have been to Thailand and unless you want to you can never do the same things twice there is so much to do and see you need to keep returning to do them i have travelled alone there and i have taken my mother there she is 78 yrs young i base myself here and do the trips from there you are best going out and about to get the best deals and you can haggle with them politely if booking mor than one trip need to know facts are not many but beware of littering they do not like it there are approx 18 million people in bangkok alone and you will be seen dropping cig ends or litter and they do fine you also respect their royals as they are very good and enjoy your trip

Room tip: haggle with them but allways smile they like that
Date of stay: November 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank shaz_za1234
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This hotel is located in a nice central location, and has been renovated quite reccently i believe and so it is quite nice. I enjoyed the location. The rooms were average.The mini bar is lacking in options however the gym and pool are excellent and did not have the hoards of people in it surprisingly. Internet is pricey!

The food is pretty good and the variety is good also. However when having dinner late one night we did see a cockroach crawling on the lid of a dish! I pointed it out and the employee just flicked it off onto the floor! Breakfast is particularly good and somewhat reasonably priced, the guy who looks like president Obama, frying the eggs is particularly impressive!

I used the in room phone on 3 maybe 4 occassions at 7.30am, 3am and 10.30pm. This was to order room service, and to get reception. My calls were unanswered which was annoying, and gave up trying so went to bed without dinner one night.

For the price this hotel is very reasonable. I do however think a coackroach found, in particular by food is not. I would stay again, but i would probably look elsewhere first.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank wonderwander26
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I had to get into this hotel as part of my travel package. I have insisted after going through all the previous reviews that I did not want to go to this hotel but I dint have other choice as he could not get me others.....

First of all the AC's are in a very bad condition and for a place like Bangkok the AC's do not help much.
Secondly, the food is of very low quality...the breakfast is of poor taste.Have been to 4 hotels across Thailand but this is the worst of the Breakfast buffets I ever had..The Breakfast menu doesnt change even if u stay on for a week...We were given a discount coupon of 150 Bahts for a 500Baht dinner buffet so went to try it.....It is of very poor quality and taste...There was a barbeque counter with flies on the meat and it was served chilled...Barbeque served chilled .. That is the way they serve....We dint bother to move to the hotel nearby Ramada to order Ala carte for our dinner and belive me it is very tasty and a high end hotel which is right next to this pathetic hotel.

Room tip: Bangkok is full of hotels to avoid this hotel..
Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank RameshRaja
Reviewed June 3, 2011

I stayed at this property in September 2010.The hotel is quite packed.The rooms are quite good .The swimming pool is at third floor.And it is little away from pratunam market.u have to walk around 10 mins to get to the street.Overall nice property.

Date of stay: September 2010