5,406 results
All reviewstallest hotelspace zonesky zonerevolving deckfruit buffetstandard zonepratunam markettop floornight marketplatinum mallfloating marketbangkok cityfamily martairport rail linkpratunam areaspacious roomrooftop bar
Reviewed November 28, 2010

It was one of those experiences where you can chalk it up to "Well, now I've done that." We were told the standard rooms were all booked out, but they would allow us to have a BHT 7500 room for 5000, sounds nice. However, the "non-smoking" room smelled of cigarettes when we got to the room, they turned on the AC and sprayed the carpet to "fix" that problem. The bathroom looked nice with a big tub, but when I filled the tub for a bath, there were pubes floating in the water. The shower drained to slow and water backed up and out onto the bathroom floor. I cleaned it up with my towel and requested a new towel at the front desk, a request never granted before checkout. The "view" from the room would have been spectacular if the window was clean and had not the window been covered up by an advertisement on the side of the building for BMW.

I will say the breakfast buffet was very impressive! And it was nice to get the coupons for a free 20 minute foot massage. However, if you price over adjacent hotels on the street and other massage parlors walking distance from the hotel, you soon realize you are paying hotel prices at the hotel. We stayed in a better room at a fraction of the cost (2400 BHT for TWO NIGHTS) in Phuket Town. The hotel was not as grand, but it had everything you needed for a stay in Thailand.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I had gone there with my spouse and stayed there for two nights.. had a good time..

Room: We had stayed at 59th floor in sky zone during our stay at Baiyoke. One can have a bird’s eye view of the city at that level which is simply awesome. Room was big, nice, and comfortable with clean bathroom.
Attractions: Major attraction at the hotel was the revolving roof top with a sweeping view of the city with free entry to hotel residents & free rooftop welcome drink at the highest pub in the city. The hotel had a big shopping complex at ground levels. Also it is very near to Siam Paragon and walking distance to many other shopping areas.
Food: We only had breakfast in the hotel. It was a nice buffet with large variety and great options for vegetarians too. Since the hotel is located in the heart of the city, the area provides ample options in terms of restaurants to explore.
The rooms were priced at very reasonable rates (i.e 2800 Bhat per night inc breakfast) and has too much to offer which is much more than the money spent.

A place to visit atleast once for a totally different experience..

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2010

baiyoke sky is the tallest hotel in bangkok. Baiyoke sky doesnt fit in the 5 star category the rooms do not match the 5 star class the only high point about the hotel is its location all the good shopping malls are at walking distance so one can shop till you drop.
also breakfast at the restaurant is pretty nice and enjoyable on its top most floor also choice for indian food is good

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2010

The views are really beutiful, but besides it - the rooms are outdated, and the location is OK, not great (you still want a taxi to most of the 'near' places, as it is 2km which aren't fun to walk).

I've booked it for ~60$ per night, which made it an amazing deal. I'm not sure whether it worth a lot more.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2010

I have stayed in Baiyoke before and enjoyed my stay but this time my experience is not good. I had booked two rooms through TripAdvisor/Hotels.com and requested for inter-connected rooms as I was travelling with small children. But while checking-in I was told that there were no inter-connected rooms in the lower floors and I would have to pay more and get rooms on higher floors. This I found very strange and difficult to digest that no rooms on say 29th are interconnected but on say 35th onwards they are. But I had no option but to agree and was forced to pay extra. Then I wanted to extend my stay for one more night and expected the receptionist to charge the same amount as I had paid earlier through hotels.com but she flatly refused and wanted a much higher amount. I told her that same rate maybe applicable even at that moment on the net and she agreed and replied that I could book through the net at that moment and get a cheaper rate but rate with her would be much higher!! I enquired for internet connection and was told that it was not free and again I found the minimum usage charge to be very high. With two exhausted children I did not want to run around the area for cyber cafe and spend more time causing discomfiture to them so had to finally reach a settlement with her. Not a very nice experience.
But a very strange and funny thing was yet to come. Breakfast is served till 10 am but no hotel I think follows it as diligently as Baiyoke Sky. On dot 10 am all the placards mentioning the dish's names were removed and within five minutes entire contents from the counters were removed and I must add here that breakfast is lavish, as good as you can get in any of the best hotels in the world. No one can be more efficient than this restaurant's staff in removing the food. So efficient that they make you feel like a beggar scavenging for food. That you are there on charity and not a guest who has paid for all his expenses. Worst part is not only they clear the counters they also clear your table even if you are still eating. I had coffee on my table but before I could reach for sugar it was removed and when I asked for a sachet of sugar waiters said they don't have it!!! Conduct of restaurant staff/management's policy cannot be worse than this.
But let me add here that this was a very peculiar experience of mine never experienced in Thailand on any of my visits. Generally Thai resorts are as hospitable as you can get but this hotel does not follow their culture it seems.
Otherwise room & bathroom are very very large and comfortable. Excellent. Location is ideal for someone interested in shopping as there are many markets selling variety of goods for which Bangkok is famous for and yery cheap too. Food not a problem for Indians also as many Indian restaurants at the doorstep of the hotel. I stayed for the second time but would not stay again because of said circumstances but if you ignore them then this hotel is very good deal.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family