5,405 results
All reviewstallest hotelspace zonesky zonerevolving deckfruit buffetstandard zonepratunam markettop floornight marketplatinum mallfloating marketbangkok cityfamily martairport rail linkpratunam areaspacious roomrooftop bar
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Stayed in this hotel on a stopover night during return from Krabi. The hotel boasts itself as being one of the tallest structures, but I guess what the management needs to understand that it should be tall in hospitality and not just the concrete height.. The hotel is located in an extremely busy area. The reception is on some higher floor and one has to climb a few stairs and carry the luggage to lift as the hotel refused to provide any porter. Check in was extremely slow with a rude receptionist. Rooms were not bad. spacious I would say.. but again nothing great.. Overall, if you go without any expectation, its ok to stay here.. Dont expect any hospitality from staff... The location is good though, with lots of shopping places around

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tirajat
Reviewed April 14, 2010

if you're the kind that bothers about lavish carpets and corridors.......dont bother staying here becuase you will definitely be disappointed.

On the other hand, if all you want to do is get a good nites sleep and a hot shower in a room with a great view......this is the place for you!

we loved staying here. Check in was smooth and quick but we had to wait for about forty minutes before we could get the room as we were there way before our checkin time due to an early flight. However, they did contend that we looked tired and willingly gave us the room before our check in time. Staff at the reception are very commendable. Love their smiles (gals n guys both - thumbs up to y'all!)

the hotel has so much to do for guests. the observatory is wonderful and so is the pool area and golfing area.

The buffet breakfast was like none other that i have ever experienced. Not only were the fruits and juices fresh but so was the food. Great variety for vegetarians and they even had some asian/indian dishes! I could swear that they have the best pancakes and maple syrup :)

The rooms are worn down but definitely comfortable. Loved the bathrooms as they were huge and clean. The view from the room was breathtaking and we even witnessed lightning and showers with a crystal clear view!

They have a fish spa at the pool area which is almost as reasonable as the ones at the night markets.

The lifts are very fast and shuttling between floors is definitely not a problem.

The area outside the hotel is shoppers paradise! It lights up early evening with stalls lining the buildings and streets bustling with a wide variety of sweet deals such as clothes, food, bags, accessories etc. Indra Market opposite the hotel is a great spot for some shopping and massage. I highly recommend the small massage parlor which is located on the floor under McDonalds. Look right after you get off the escalator next to McDonalds. The massage parlors outside the mall are not half as good as these guys.
Theres also a KFC, Swensens and Dunkin Donuts at this mall.

Just outside the hotel entrance (towards the right corner) are a couple of asian restaurants. I would highly recommend Al-Sana as they have a wonderful variety on their menu. It is a quaint looking restaurant but dont hesitate to walk in as they have the freshest salad plate and yummy indian food. They even had arabic food on the menu but didn't try that as we're so full of it in Dubai :)

We will definitely return to Baiyoke Sky.

1  Thank SavedbyJC
Reviewed April 13, 2010

Very Basic Hotel.Wouldnt bother with this hotel.Busy and very basic .

Reviewed April 10, 2010

Well, I stayed at Baiyoke sky from 31st Mar to 5th April. The location is superb, platinum mall is just in 15mins walking distance, pratunam market is at just 5mins distance. For those who like to do shopping, Baiyoke sky can be good choice.
I feel worth to pay 2599/night for nice view from my room and nice breakfast. I had free upgrade to junior suite at 36th floor instead of the standard room that I booked. Thanks to the reception but we took 2 rooms and the rooms are too far away with each other. When I request for closer room, they couldn't.
The rooms are spacious and bath room are quite big.
Breakfast is superb, there was japanese, vegeterian, indian, chinese, european, thailand, etc.. I didn't expect there will be many kinds and taste are delecious too, my favourites are thai noodle soup, grilled fish, pork rib soup, grilled salmon, and also have many kinds of fruits, yougurt and snacks.
I thought of not taking with breakfast 2399/night at the first place, but I am glad as I made a right choice. I dont think I can find this kind of breakfast outside with 100baht/person.
Though the area is crowded at basement and lobby, I like it cos it is quite handy for shopperholic like me. After all, Bangkok is good for shopping and food only, for those who like quiet and relax, Bangkok should not be a choice ;P

1  Thank Kyatau
Reviewed April 8, 2010

We stayed her for 9 nights and booked directly with the hotel as we found this was the most economic option. The room we booked was a Junior Suite in the Sky Zone and we ended up on the 61st floor.

After a long flight we got to the hotel and booked in with relative ease. Since we were not a part of a tour group nor was one booking in at the time it was a quick process. When we arrived in the room it was quite warm since the air conditioning doesn't go on unless the door key is placed in it's slot to activate the electrical system. We are instantly disappointed with the room as it looks quite different to our expectations and I think someone is trying to pull a swift one on me. We contact the reception and they send someone up to show us alternate rooms but at a higher cost. We look at them but can't see the point of the extra sun room that will heat up the room.

We ask for the Manager and he comes up and offers us the same rooms as before, we tell him we don't want the extra space and that we are just disappointed in the room as it looks different to what is on the internet. He tells us it is the same as KFC. When you buy a meal at KFC it doesn't look like the picture. He tells me they have used the best rooms for the internet photos but not all rooms are configured this way. We stay where we are and decide to put up with it. The room overall is tired looking but the best feature by far is the view from our entire wall of glass looking over Bangkok. We go off to inspect the hotel.

We head back to the lobby and there is a good sized restaurant with the misleading name of the Sky Coffee Shop (It's more a restaurant). We eat here several times during our stay and the food from the entree's to the Hamburgers to the Thai food to the steaks are all fantastic. The only disappointment is the roast on Thai buffet night was tough but everything else was superb. Next to the Coffee shop is the fruit court where you can either purchase individual pieces of fruit or sit down to a fruit buffet.

There is also the Tee Off bar that has a golf practice range which I enjoyed several times as well as a few drinks but this area is open and therefore not air conditioned. If you wish a meal to take away as well as selection of wonderful deserts then there is the On the Go shop.

Breakfast is served on either the 79th floor or the 82nd in the Crystal Grill. I have never seen the variety of food for breakfast that this hotel offers. Some good some not so good but we got into the rhythm of our favourites for breakfast.

The lift system works well with a change of lifts from the lobby to the street. We never waited long for a lift. Not even when checking out. There is a problem with water pressure and the hot water blasts you several times during a 5 minute shower. I guess this has to be expected from a system servicing so many rooms on so many floors.

Overall it was a good experience in a hotel that is very much due for a makeover as the rooms are starting to look tired. The food is world class and for the bargain shopper this puts you in the drivers seat with Indra Square out the front as well as 4 floors of markets under the hotel and night markets in the streets. It is easy to walk to the Platinum Wholesale mall from here. The Revolving rooftop platform is free for hotel guests and well worth looking at Bangkok from 84 floors up. The best feature by far for the Baiyoke sky is the view. There is free WiFi in the Sky Zone but if you want to use the internet from the hotel it is overpriced, best find an internet shop on the street.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple