5,409 results
All reviewstallest hotelspace zonesky zonerevolving deckfruit buffetstandard zonepratunam markettop floornight marketplatinum mallfloating marketbangkok cityfamily martairport rail linkpratunam areaspacious roomrooftop bar
Reviewed February 22, 2009

My boyfriend and I visit bangkok in Dec,2008, and we stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. It is really a very joyful stay.

the lobby is located at 20th floor of the building, the staffs are very polite and patient. A gentleman lead us to our room and tour us around. Our room is at 44th floor, and it is very spacious,so is the bathroom! It's also very convenient for us to buy groceries at the convenient store at the lobby. (they do not overcharge the goods even it's in hotel)

The buffet restaurant is located at 88th floor,with spectacular views and wonderful weather! The morning breakfast is with great variety, from western cuisine to asian cuisine, and they're freshly served and delicious! You can almost skip lunch after having breakfast.

And the hotel is at very good location,you can walk to siam area in 15 minutes, and just 5 minutes walk to Platinum Mall. Also,there's a night market outside the hotel,and some massage stores around the area!

I recommend the hotel to everyone!!!
and i will definitely go back again

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2009

Large hotels lack services. The rooms are big but lack furnitures to fill in . long wait for elevators. Half of the foods for breakfast are the left overs from previous night's buffet. the good thing about the hotel was $30 upgrade per night which i recommend.
the hotels doors open to the slums of the city. The only thing that they boost about this hotel is that it is the tallest hotel in thailand. i could have gone to better hotels for this price

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2009

this is a great value. it is centrally located, right in the middle of town. it has unbeatable views with floor to ceiling windows, in the tallest building in town.
Pluses -
1) views
2) unbeatable value
3) large spacious rooms (rooms are large but they look very bare)
4) location - easy access to the pratunam night market - literally down the elevator from your room, various malls are very close. every taxi guy knows where this hotel is. foot massage is right down the street on the same blocks. couple of good indian restaurants right next door.
5) service - very friendly staff.
6) buffets - they have an excellent fruit buffet (closes early though, ideal for lunch or a light dinner). breakfast buffet is sumptuous with panoramic views.

only negative is the room is large and bare looking. there's barely any furniture there. an extra couch, a painting or two, and maybe a dresser would give it justice. in the same vein, its not a resort. not too much by way of massage & beauty salons etc., though that stuff is available right outside at a good price. neighbourhood is narrow streets with vendors everywhere, lots of locals. since we were just in search of a good place to rest at while sightseeing this fit our bill, but if you're the beach resort type this is not your place.

one thing i must mention is there was no open hooker activity. a guy approached me with photos once when i went out to buy water in the night, but that was about it. i had agonized over which hotel to stay at because i didn't want to be walking among hookers with my wife & 5 year old daughter. if you are a family person, you don't have to worry about this location.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2009

We stayed in the Baiyoke Sky for three nights from October 4-7 in 2007 (sorry for the late review!). The rates were actually very affordable for two rooms located at the 40-something levels, costing around RM$2,000.00 for both.

My first impression of the hotel was that it looked quite seedy due to its location in the slightly out-of-way Pratunam area. Furthermore, for the tallest building in town, its entrance was so small and reminded me of some cheap motel in Thailand. However, when we entered the building, it was a refreshing change from the surrounding locality as the lobby was very spacious (double void) and welcoming. When we checked-in to the rooms, the layout was quite weird as both rooms were at the corner of the building but very spacious, especially the toilet!

One thing that I will not forget are the beautiful views of Bangkok from our rooms and better still, from the Buffet Restaurant at Level 73. It was quite hazy when we stayed there so the daytime views were a bit of a letdown but the nighttime ones were just superb! Speaking of the Restaurant, the buffet (both breakfast as well as dinner on one night) was excellent and there was a wide variety of food available.

In short, despite the horrible traffic congestion from Pratunam to the train stations and shopping areas in Siam, this hotel indeed left a great impression on us and we'll certainly return there in future!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Having just returned from holiday last week thought i'd write a quick review on this hotel.

I stayed at the Baiyoke sky at the end of Jan 2009. I booked my room via an agency on the internet. I paid 2500 per night for a room in the sky zone. I arrived at the hotel with my girlfriend (who is thai). When checking in I was told that I couldnt have guests in my room. I explained that i'd booked & paid for a double for two people and the guest was in fact my girlfriend who lives with me in the uk. They soon apologised and we were shown to the room.

My room was a deluxe room on the 63rd floor in what they call the "Sky Zone". As you can see in the attached photos, the view from the window was pretty amazing.

The rooms are fairly old and dated. But are clean and adequate. And I didnt have any complaints about anything as far as the room is concerned.

The hotel has a spa and massage area on the 21st floor. I looked at the prices and was shocked that a Thai massage was 2000bht. If you wanted it in your room it would be an extra 600. What a rip off..... There are may massage place within two minutes walk and they only charge about 150bt for a 1hr Thai massage.

The breakfast in the hotel was a full buffet served on the 82nd floor. It was an excellent view and the food was also pretty good, serving all kinds of food for different tastes.

The 85th floor is an observation deck. You get out of the lift and stand on a revolving floor. This floor takes you 360 degrees around the top of the hotel to view all of Bangkok and beyond.

There is a pool on the 21st floor, which was nice and relaxing. But not particularly big. There is also a golf driving range on the 18th floor which you hit balls against a big net.

Things on offer in this hotel were pretty expensive. Wireless internet was 600bht per day. That is more expensive than I pay at in hotels in London. Luckily I did a search of wireless access points and they'd left one of them unsecured. So I managed to get free internet. Good job really, as no way i'd pay 600 bht. Which worked out at nearly 15 pounds for 24 hours. Or a staggering 300bht for 1 hour.

Overall I think for what I paid the hotel is good value for money. But once you've seen the view then there isnt much else going for this hotel. Saying that, it isnt that bad either...

Stayed: January 2009