“Stunning lobby but so so room”
Review of Baiyoke Sky Hotel

Baiyoke Sky Hotel
Ranked #296 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 8, 2014

The view of the lobby is stunning as it located at 18th floor of the building. The hotel has a very nice sky bar and it also provides a 365 degree view of the bangkok city at the highest floor. Other than these, the quality of this hotel is average. The room is big but it looks old (and same as the corridor). The buffet breakfast is very disappointed and is not recommend to try.

A gentle reminder, the hotel will only return the deposit (for my case, 1000 bath/night) after 1 week if choose to use credit card for that.

Room Tip: Higher floors seems to have a better view. But I doubt we can see it clearly as 3 of the rooms that...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Baiyoke Sky Hotel

Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Very bad room the bathroom smells and the staff is the worst arrogant non helpful don't know anything about hospitality only work like robots which is the worst for an hospitality industry there were cockroaches in the room

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank vinayjon
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The view from the room was spectacular and I can't rave enough about the restaurant on the 18th floor but aside from that this hotel was average.

The rooms were a little disappointing in that they looked quite old and worn out. For the price you pay I expect a little more.

The pool wasn't great and the spa was overpriced.

The guest relation people were extremely helpful though!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
BaiyokeSkyHotel, Manager at Baiyoke Sky Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and great recommendation with us. All comment are noted and we will improve our services accordingly, and now we are on processing of renovation our new look will reveal very soon. And please kindly accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed May 5, 2014

If you're into city views, then this is for you. If not, don't stay here as the hotel offers very little else. It was close enough to the Platinum Mall to walk, and had the Baiyoke night market on the doorstep, but had hundreds of tourists lining up to use elevators etc. It was almost as busy as the streets of Bangkok, and there was absolutely no "personal" experience with the staff like one forms at other hotels. The hotel was also smelly and on day 2 they lit some incense to get rid of the smell.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JerryGiraffeRSA

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken some of your valuable time to share your comment, which allows us to see what we could have done better your comments has been share to our management as we do concerned to improve our services accordingly.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit.
We hope this will not deter you from using our service again and we look forward to opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I travelled with my family to Bangkok last September and chose Baiyoke Sky as it was widely recommended by friends due to its location and the fact that it is the tallest building in Thailand. Yes, the view is great, but I think that's about it. Despite Thailand being the land of smiles, the staff at Baiyoke Sky are really, really rude. We checked in late that night and was given such a rude greeting from the reception staff. We had to call her twice just to get her attention.

The room was huge but really outdated. Great view as promised. What I found annoying was the wifi - only complimentary for 1 hour. I had to call every now and then to check with the front desk staff why my wifi was not working, even though I didn't log in earlier. Most of the time, it's either the staff did not understand what I was saying, or they decide not to entertain me at all. The breakfast was horrible. Average food, and you can probably get better from the streets of Pratunam, for a cheaper price. Upon check out, I noticed that I had misplaced the deposit invoice and the front desk staff actually sighed loudly! I had a horrible, horrible experience at Baiyoke Sky. The only good thing about the hotel is its location, view and facilities.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank unrulymisfit

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback dated back in last September. And we are very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectation. Please allow us another chance to find out what really went wrong ans we will make sure rectification is being taken urgently.

Please kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the frustration you had experienced.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

It is a fantastic Hotel, no question. Unfortunately most of the guests with a great lack of behaviour. I shall stay again over night at the highest Hotel in Bangkok and hope to encounter more guests with sel-control

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am really pleased that overall you have enjoyed your time with us and your comments with regards the service will be share to our management.

We really do look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Reviewed May 2, 2014

My girlfriend and I booked the premium deluxe room in the sky zone. The room was old, tattered and had one small window which was basically the old light source in the room. The room had to ceiling lights and was only light up my two bed laps. I requested a new room as was show two other rooms exactly the same. This was my 4th stay at the hotel and would never stay there again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jonkieparys

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback here. I'm terribly sorry to hear that our rather disappointing you and I will be sure to share your comment to our management and we are under processing of renovation our room and it will be ready soon!

We truly hope you will return soon as we love to have the pleasure of seeing you as our regular guests!