“Loved it”

Ranked #292 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
halesowen
“Loved it”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I booked this for a few nights when my GF came to bangkok to stay. The view says it all. I stopped in the junior suite on the 74th floor. Loved it only downside a few windows were very dirty on the outside. View was amazing

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
BaiyokeSkyHotel, Manager at Baiyoke Sky Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such an excellent feedback and great recommendations with us! And please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit.

I really hope we will be able to welcome you again.

Yours Sincerely,
Asst. sales Manager (E-Commerce)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (779)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Loved this hotel, we were there for only one night, the rooms were clean and tidy and overall the hotel was clean. The location was in a pretty decent spot didnt take us long to get to places via taxi or tuktuk. Staff were also fantastic!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a nice feedback with us! We're really appreciate it.

We hope to see you back very soon, we look forward to welcoming you again to Baiyoke Sky Hotel on your next trip to Bangkok.

Yours Sincerely,
Asst. sales Manager (E-Commerce)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night late in December we had booked the sky zone and had a room on the 67th floor. The BAIYOKE lived up to what I had expected from reading previous reviews so there were no big surprises when we arrived. We must have lucked in as reception was very quiet when we arrived and we checked in with ease. Our room was massive for the two of us and as expected was in need of a bit of love but overall fine for one night, although the TV could have had a few more English channels available. The water pressure in the shower was great and the bathroom was well lit and appointed. We had booked dinner in the Crystal grill on the 82nd floor only to arrive and be told we had to go back down to the 19th floor to get our dinner voucher, not happy why not tell us on the confirmation Email it would have been too easy. Besides that glitch the buffet was very good with a vast array of food types available. This was followed by cocktails in the Rooftop bar 83rd floor, there was a great range available and they were quiet big, and at $5 each great value while gazing out over Bangkok at night. We also paid a visit to the revolving sky deck as well. A massive buffet breakfast was served in the Crystal grill the next morning which was very good as well. We had a late check-out booked for 13:30 which was no worries however when we returned to our room we were locked out and had to go back to reception to get our keys reactivated to get back into our room. As expected the lifts do take a while, but you have to expect that with the amount of people they are moving 24/7 so just plan for it to take a while. Overall for the one night we stayed it was good, the buffets where good and we had unlimited access to the observation floors and revolving walkway as well. It does need a bit of a makeover and clean up but overall it was good value for money. I’m not sure if we would stay there again as we have now crossed it off the list but hey you never know.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without advertising on the windows
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PaulLisa20
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken some of your valuable time to share your comment. We were delighted to learn that your visit turned out to be generally pleasant one for you and please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit.

It was indeed a great pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you again to Baiyoke Sky Hotel on your next trip to Bangkok.

Yours sincerely,
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed for two nights, booked room for three adults (our son is 15) and when we arrived to check-in, which took an age, we were told the extra bed would be sent up to the room - definitely not what we expected. The room itself, on 60th floor, was a good size with excellent views but furnishings have seen better days. Breakfast was very good but the wi-fi was patchy at best. Transport to the airport, which we had included in our package, was excellent and the driver was very polite (it's probably a lot more expensive than other modes of transport but efficient and convenient). With so many other hotels in Bangkok we would probably not return here on our next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and recomendation with us here, which allows us to see what we could have done better please kindly accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit.

Yours sincerely,
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed January 7, 2014

There is plenty to shop around if that is what you are looking for, otherwise the hotel offered free shuttle to a place close to the mall area like MBK and Siam Paragon. The view is SPECTACULAR, I couldn't sleep just looking at Bangkok by night.We were staying in Sky zone, I could only imagine what a view must be from Space zone..The breakfast buffet is a great selection of Thai and international cuisine, SO much to choose from..really great experience, the Roof Top Bar has lots of things to do ..even for small kids.. the pool isn't super great but enough for us to refresh after a shopping day! We recommend this hotel, worth each THB :)
We'll be back soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Pleasant stay with us! Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and great recommendation here on Tripadvisor.

We truly hope you will return soon as we love to have the pleasure of seeing you as our regular guests!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Many might be wondering if it's really that bad but to be frank , few years back their service and everything was still ok , but to my surprise , their current service for everything except the luggage man was as terrible as hell . I'm so angry that I really had to write this review to stop people from making wrong decision for staying here when they provide lousy service . I booked a room with a package including 1hr wifi per day and includes other things stated in the booking reference , yes I definitely would say that I pay for the 1hr wifi rather than it's a complimentary from the hotel . If I didn't wanted a package including the wifi it would be way cheaper . It's not about the price/money etc. it's about how they talk to their customer who always visits them since years and years ago . This was what happen , I needed to be connected to a wifi urgently and I called the front desk people to ask for the login id and password they told me to make a trip down to lobby in order to get the wifi password and I asked them do I really have to go down and they said yes ( the way she speaks sounds rude and irritated when I talk to her nicely ) . So I didn't want to make things worst so I went down personally to go get the wifi login id and password the front desk girl was giving me a black face and when I thanked her she didn't even bother to say welcome , how rude can she be ? ( FYI I didn't have to ask for the wifi password during the trip I came last month they would write it down in a paper and give it to you when you checked in even if they didn't give it to us when we were checking in they would provide us with the login id and password immediately through phone patiently . ) so I went up to my room trying to connect to the hotel network in order to login to my 1hr/day wifi , there wasn't any wifi networks that appeared I moved from my bed to the door and even worst to outside of my room trying to connect to their wifi , So I called the front desk to ask the girl if she could restart their internet router for me because there wasn't any network shown on my phone and to my surprise she replied me with ' no I can't , maybe the problem is with your phone our whole hotel is still using the wifi and it doesn't have a problem . ' ok then I tried using my mum's phone to see if there's the hotel network stated on the wifi list and it didn't appeared I was pissed off with how I was literally sitting by my door side for hrs just to connect to a wifi and suddenly the login page for the wifi stated that I used up my 1hr wifi .. And I was shocked , really shocked by how I had to sit by the door and trying to get network and ended up my wifi was used up . And I called ask why is my wifi internet used up when I haven't even really use it and they asked me to go to lobby again -.- I checked in came up and needed to get wifi password and ID and went down and went up to my room and now they expecting me to go down again and said that they can't do anything to help so I went down again assuming that they might understand what I'm trying to say when I'm talking to them face to face . I went down and got ignored by the front desk girl and I waited for her to get back to me and she did after ard 5 mins and when I started to explain de literally cut off what I wanted to say and ask me to speak to their manager about it . Ok fine I went and explain to their duty manager and I said that why is my internet used up when I haven't even use and the wifi signal on my level was so low that I can barely stand at the door to connect it . And he went like pushing all the problems away saying that he can't help me it's used up means I need to wait for the next day after 12 to use the wifi for the second day , so I asked them that if it's this way it's like I'm paying for the 1st day of wifi for nothing ? And to my surprise he replied me saying something that blown me off and got over my limits , he said your wifi package it's a complimentary wifi given FREE from the hotel . I was like are you seriously talking to me this way ? I was shocked and raged hen I heard him saying that . I swallowed down my anger and went up to tell my mum what happen . And when my mum went to talk to them saying that she wants to talk to their manager the same duty manager that gave me bad reply talked to her . And my mum explained to her and ask him why is their service so bad now when it was ok last time , so he came up with a new internet router with my mum and I then found out that this room doesn't even have a router installed then how would I get to connect to their wifi when every room suppose to have 1 . I was so angry and I really swear that I won't come here anymore . That's it even their manager service was so terrible compared to their lugguage man I really think that they should swap position as the lugguage man was very friendly and helped you with what they could . Overall I gave them 2 its because this hotel is near pratunam and malls another part is definitely for their lugguage man's good service . This hotel service is the worst compared to all that I've been to . Yes it is definitely true that they have cockroaches in their room because I just saw them today . Bad bad bad experience . It's really not just because of the 1hr wifi that made me angry , it's their lousy service that turn me off .

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Joleneeeeeeeeeee
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share comment during you recent stay with us.
Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit. We have noted and report this to our Front Office Manager and we will make sure rectification is being taken urgently.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and kindly accept our sincerest apologies for the frustration you had experienced. We appreciate your understanding and patience.

Asst. Sales Manager (E-Commerce)

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Townsville, Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed here with my boyfriend in December 2013, in a sky zone room with the romance above the clouds package. It's the second time I've stayed here, and I don't remember having such a bad experience the first time. The package included airport transfers, which was a really great help, 'unlimited free wifi' which turned out to only be one hour for one phone between us, which only worked for about 20 minutes and cut off, no internet meant we didn't get emails to say our flight was actually delayed by 24hours! Also included was a buffet dinner and breakfast each morning which were both fantastic! The location was also fantastic. The room layout was awesome, and we enjoyed the lookout, however we are non smokers and requested a non smoking room, and I woke up in the middle of the night because the smell of cigarette was so strong and gross coming through the vents, that I had to put my head under the blankets so I couldn't smell it! Oh and included in the package it also said we had a late checkout of 2pm, but our card stopped working and we couldn't get back to the room. Don't even want to get started on the ridiculous wait for an elevator! Some features of the hotel were great, but others definitely need an improvement!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share comment during you recent stay with us.
Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your visit. Please rest assured I have taken up all the points raise with our department concerned in order to improve our service standard accordingly.

We hope this will not deter you from using our service again and we look forward to opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.