“Not So International "Seafood" Buffet”
Review of Baiyoke Sky Hotel

Baiyoke Sky Hotel
Ranked #296 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 20, 2013

When I was in Bangkok last week, my friend wanted to go to the Baiyoke Sky Hotel to try their International "Seafood" Dinner Buffet in addition to seeing the gorgeous views of the city. The price was 960THB each, and I assumed that the buffet would have a good amount of choices to choose from. When we arrived, it was no doubt a pretty view, but I was surprised as to how limited the choices were for the buffet. There was sushi available, which I found was odd, considering I was in Thailand, but hence the name "International". I tried their Pad Thai, and it has got to be the worse that I have eaten in Thailand. Their idea of a "Seafood" Buffet consisted of only shrimp, crab, and mussels.The food was subpar, the choices were limited, and the dessert was horrific. The best part of the whole buffet was probably the fruits; they were fresh.

What irritated me the most was that we had to pay for drinks separately. You would think with the 1,000THB price tag that drinks would be included, as it is a 'buffet'. After leaving the restaurant within 30 minutes of arriving, I feel swindled out of my money and would NOT recommend this place to anyone. Sure it has a nice view, but for the money and quality of food, I'd suggest you find somewhere else with authentic Thai food.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jennifer N

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights in May 2013 with our little baby daughter.
Excellent location. Walking distance to Siam centre and Central world Shopping malls. Which have fantastic restaurants within them. Plus mintues away from Pratunam market. Great for touristy purchases. Several good local Thai street food places nearby.
Really friendly staff. You can visit the revolving platform for free if you stay at the hotel.
We had a standard room. It was clean and large.They could do with decorating and modernising but then price reflects the standard of the room. If you want a luxury room then book into a different more expensive hotel.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank strawberrylolly
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The Panoramic view afforded by the revolving rooftop area is breathtaking, be it done in daylight or nighttime. Be sure to bring a TELEPHOTO lens if you want to shoot the sights. You can transfer to another floor if you want a stable platform for those Loooooong shots.

Room Tip: Request the Front Desk for accomodations below the 40th floor if you have ear problems, as heights w...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The service was great. The staff was equally helpful. The delight was the staff arranging for packed breakfast instead of Buffet since we had to leave early on 2 days. This I have never experienced.

The property is the tallest tower in Bangkok and the view was magnificient as well as the mini golf course on the 18th floor.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Overall we enjoyed our stay here in the busy capital of Bangkok. Location was good, hotel had friendly staff, and the views from the top were great! Prices for food and drinks in the hotel were reasonable in comparison to other hotels we stayed at. The room could've done with a facelift although very clean.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed at Baiyoke Sky when I visited bangkok with a girlfriend of mine. We must have looked like lost little girl-next-doors who were worn out from our morning flight because they not only give us a room on the 48th floor but it was also a non-smoking, ladies only floor! We were hoping that we got a floor that’s closer to the 50th (so we got our wish), and an all-ladies floor made us feel extra secure.

We were pretty happy with the room. It was just what we needed for the weekend. It was spacious, with comfy beds and a good view of the city. The beds have really soft pillows and snuggley covers perfect for late night TV watching.

I’m pleased to say that the power sockets come equipped with travel adapters! I always bring one along with me, but it’s always a plus to see it being provided.

The bathroom is extremely spacious. It has both a bathtub and a shower enclosure, and still plenty of room to spare.

We ordered room service for our late dinner on our first night. It was quite affordable really. And possibly one of the best ideas we had all weekend. We ordered chicken green curry and crab meat omelette with two plates of rice. Took about 30 minutes for the food to come and by the time it did, we were absolutely ravenous.

And the meal was simply so delicious and satiated our hunger and comfort levels. It felt like homecooked food for some reason.

One of the perks of being a guest at Baiyoke is that you get to go up to the 84th floor revolving deck for FREE and as many times as you want! For other guests, it is at 300 baht per person, and there’s always a long queue to get in the one lift that brings outside guests up to the 77th floor (and then to the 84th). So of course we made use of this perk, living it up literally!

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Baiyoke Sky. The only thing which irked me was that there was no free wifi. We got data sim cards for our digital needs, but it is always so nice and convenient if there is free wifi.

Room Tip: 1) look for the extra pillows in the closet! 2) hotel guests get to go up to the revolving observat...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 17, 2013

What can the tallest building of Bangkok give you? A great view. A great observation point. A great landmark. And literally nothing more.

Somewhere the service has gone out of the window. Its a very "difficult" hotel and never made me feel at home. Everything was pain. Taking the lifts. The rules and regulations. Dont do this. Cant get this. etc. etc.

Rooms were not well maintained. Rooms are very big though. But something was amiss. Even after staying in the space zone, the only thing that impressed me was the view. Thats all.

And to top it all, Airconditioning on the entire floor was very weak. and noone to respond to house keeping service.

Food, is good. With a large spread.

I think the hotel is TOO BIG TO MANAGE !!!

Room Tip: High floors have great view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family