“VIEW and very frindly staff.”
Review of Baiyoke Sky Hotel

Baiyoke Sky Hotel
Ranked #295 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great hotel with everything In The building.

Very Nice, clean and quiet rooms.
I Stayed In 72 floor witch is In The spare zone.. Very Nice..

The restaurant was GOOD Food and again GOOD view...

It is located at little bit outside centrum Of Bangkok, witch i Think was Nice..
In The mid Day tale a cap to centrum for 400baht. Becouse Of The trafic.. At The afternoon/Night take a tuk tuk for 200 baht.

The only bad thing with this hotel is The view is a turist magnet and all Day busses come bay and goes op with The elevator witch gives some waiting time there..

Stayed there for 2 Nights and was very happening to dó so.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed 3 times in this hotel... 2 times in 2008 and once in 2012. Well, the last time i can say i was a little disappointed. We payed the extras while booking (Agoda) but when we came there, we still had to pay an early check-in fee... (1000 bath). I did not appreciate this but after a 11 hour trip overnight i just wanted to see a bed to sleep in... so I paid. Our room was ok, we toke one of the high deluxe rooms. The staff is ok, they do their best. A problem overall in thailand is that they can speek very little english... I had no trouble with the elevators.

Why I would stay there again: the great view, it is really nice to have a drink in the bar with a night view over bangkok... (but you can also do this as a visitor).

Why I would not stay there again: It is really anoying that the bellboy at the groundfloor works with the taxidrivers to rip me of (probably he also will get paid from them)... if I ask someone from the hotel to show me the way to the skytrain, i expect him to be honest... instead they riped me off... or maybe i'm just naive...

next time, I will not stay there again... but I guess I will skip bangkok also...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We always stay at the Baiyoke Sky, been to Bangkok both on holiday and just 1-2-3 night stopovers over a dozen times, and the past 7 (approx!) times we've stayed here. Somehow though I don't think I've ever reviewed it on tripadvisor - I take it for granted!!

Location - with markets right outside, Pratunam a short walk away, a quick 15min taxi to Khao San Rd at night, there's nothing else we personally could want for a hotel in Bangkok location wise for a short stay.

Rooms are great - we're usually in the Sky Zone in a Deluxe Room or Junior Suite. Both are very large rooms, always very clean, nice and the view (particularly at night when you can't see the smog so well!) is awesome!

Service - pretty good at the check in desk

Breakfast - very large buffet selection, though interestingly the last few times, also a designated Japanese section. Highlight is that its on the 81st floor - amazing views for breakfast!

We love the location, the size of the rooms and the breakfast choice and location. It's always pretty good prices too for a 4 star hotel- so there's no reason for us to go anywhere else ;-) Interestingly though, on my most recent trips there I noticed they must be campaigning hard in Japan - LOADS more Japanese tourists, Japanese tourist buses lined up the road, and large groups of Japanese tourists always going up to the sky restaurant for views/meals.... can make it hard if you go to the gym on the 20th floor then try and find a space in the lift to get back to your room somewhere in the 70s floors - lifts were really full! We'll be back again soon though and definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bunny81
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We spent the last night of our trip at Baiyoke sky and will definitely return.

Upon arrival our luggage was taken in the opposite direction as we took the lift to reception. Check in was busy but very efficient and the staff were delightfully helpful. We were then directed to the appropriate lift where we were reunited with our luggage and escorted to our room.

We stayed in the space zone and I would definitely recommend it.

The porter gave us a tour of our room and then left us to enjoy it. I had mentioned when booking that we were celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary and it was nice to see that they had gone to some effort to acknowledge this...We had a rose petal bath, decorated bed and a delicious selection of sweet treats and cake.

The view from our room was wonderful and there was plenty of space to store things away so the room could be kept tidy. Everything we needed was there.

The bed was large and comfortable and there was also a sofa and chair with coffee table which made it more civilized from eating and drinking.

The bathroom was of a generous proportion with a shower in one corner and a bath in the other and there was a large mirror and hairdryer (something that has been seriously lacking on this trip).

There was a long list of services available but we didn't really have time to sample them. We did, however, dine at one of the restaurants upstairs which was wonderful.

Being on the 67th floor we were also on the right lift route to go up to the observation deck. Now this is a tourist attraction so I was prepared to be pretty cramped up there but we had the whole place to ourselves. We went back up after dinner as well and the only other person there was the security guard...It was lovely!

For me, Pratunam is the best are of Bangkok to stay in because I LOVE to shop! This hotel is right in the heart of it and is really easy to get to from the airport rail link. It's also close to BTS so you can explore the rest of Bangkok too.

I would recommend this hotel and we will surely be returning on our next Thai adventure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SunshineHoney
Reviewed March 4, 2013

What a shambles at reception trying to get a room after paying in advance for the full stay without this unprofessional outfit trying to empty your credit card account as a deposit. The only hotel in thailand I have been to that requires this. Just this one problem alone will mean I will never return and will certainly never recommend to my many friends and family who regularly come to visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank fatman0757
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here 5-9 Feb 2013 simply because it's the tallest building in Thailand and provide lovely view of Bangkok (Level 62). Room is big but dated. Great choice of food for breakfast including vegetarian (Level 78). Lobby at Level 18 was crowded, probably from tourist groups.Location in Pratunam area is good, surrounded by night market and smaller shopping centres. Service is adequate.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hasmil Z
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Food is fresh and good. Buffet style --priced at $12 US & has 2 hour limit. You must get your own drinks. Staff very friendly and if you attempt to speak to them in Thai you'll even be treated better.

• Stayed: March 2013