“Best place to stay in Bangkok”
Review of Baiyoke Sky Hotel

Baiyoke Sky Hotel
Ranked #297 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 1, 2012

It really has the best view of Bangkok and is well located near all the shopping areas and attractions. It's also just down the road from Rajprarop station so it's really convenient and cheap to take the Airport Rail link. The interior needs a bit of an upgrade, but the service was good and the employees were friendly. You can also book all your trips at the tour desk in reception. The breakfast was wonderful and the variety endless, however only on the one floor. If you're late for breakfast and the one floor fills up you'll be sent to a different floor with less choice. The rooms are large and have great views, the beds are really hard but I realised all beds in Thailand are, but you surprisingly get used to it very quickly.

Tip: visit the night market right in front of the hotel, great bargains and different in a good way from the westernised malls like MBK. Have a beer at the bar by the driving range and enjoy their live entertainment.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Baiyoke Sky Hotel

Reviewed October 31, 2012

It is a pretty well-known hotel in Bangkok with its main attraction being a tall skyscraper. Rates are pretty decent as well. Wasn't really used to the reception not being on the first floor itself and you had to take a lift up to check-in. The ground floor outside the entrance of the building was mostly crowded everyday. It was easy to get a taxi though and there are many stalls that open late at night nearby. The rooms and facilities were good and spacious however there were baby roaches in the bathroom. We tried the buffet and while the view and ambiance was amazing, the food was just alright, though there was quite a variety. The food at the restaurant on the reception level was pretty good thought, priced decently and there were even performers playing the piano during dinner. While the hotel is located conveniently near shopping areas, more should be done to the hygiene as at the rates, we could easily get a cleaner and nicer room elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Adr18
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I just came back last night from Bangkok.This is my first trip come to Bangkok and stayed at Baiyoke Sky Hotel.But ,i'm feel very disappointed !The service is damn bad that i met!It's worse and rude!The attitude in serving customer have to upgrade!Otherwise ,the breakfast all along same everyday.That is five days I stayed with my friends at there and the breakfast really can make me no appetite at all.Can you imagine that we eat the same foods every morning?!The staffs no smile to guest and when call them come to clear the table or plates or say Thank you to them,they just give you a cold expression.NO answer ,NO expression.The receptionists not really have a good service too.I thought that this hotel quite international hotel in Bangkok so may be the service is quite good.But after the trip i was thinking like I will not come to stay here again if got next time.I think no more next time.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Zennvance
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Check in very slow and can't find our reservation. It took us 30 mins to check in. Traffic outside there hotel is terrible and full of hawker stalls surrounding the hotel. The terrible thing was we requested a late check out until 1pm and everything was agreed by front desk but nightmare come the next day. We reached hotel around 12pm after some shopping near the hotel, found our room door was opened and all luggages gone. House keeping told us somebody called to check out on our behalf and they had sent all our luggages to concierge. We were so upset and went to front desk to find out. Irresponsible front desk say we don't know what happen and told us to check with their cashier. Finally, we had screamed at them to get their manager to attend to our problem.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I just got back from Bangkok. This trip quite memorable cause this is first time I had my birthday overseas. The Hotel Baiyoke Sky sent a birthday cake to the room. It was waiting for me when I came back from shopping...
Room was quite spacious and clean. Hotel was about 150m from the train station so going around BKK was easy. Platinum Mall, Siam Centre, nearby pasar malam massage centres was just within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hawkuan
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was really looking forward to staying in the Baiyoke Hotel - and boy was I disappointed. Room was on the 60th floor, so I was expecting great views - however they have advertising all over their windows with flashing lights which totally obscured any city views I should have had. The room was run down, tired and not very clean - definitely in need of a refresh. Breakfast was a huge buffet, but after having breakfast with a bug running around my table I kind of lost my appetite. Staff were not helpful, the business centre was appalling with slow computers and no scanner, and I witnessed one of the staff on the Customer Service desk make faces after a customer walked away. Overall, I would NOT recommend anyone staying at this hotel. The Sky Bar is awful and dirty, with a very tired looking Alien to greet you on the stairs. A very strange hotel, that seems more interested in the customers they get up to the Observation Deck than their hotel patrons. Please do yourself a favour and do not stay here.

Room Tip: As for a room with no advertising on the windows or you will not have any views from your room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Checked in there for 3 days. Found the place to be only average. The furnishings and fittings appears to be ageing and in need of refurbishment. The swimming pool was unusable and was with algae.

Their strongest selling point would be that they are the tallest building in Bangkok and will boast a magnificent view of the city.

Because of this brace yourself for a lot of non hotel guests who will come for the view at the observation deck and the restaurants during dinner and will cause congestion at the lifts. I had to wait for 15 mins before I finally got a lift to go down from the 51st floor

If your trip is for shopping, give this hotel a miss and there are many more reasonable priced hotels nearby..

Room Tip: If you really want to stay here, brace yourself for the traffic congestion at the lift and leave the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends