“Good For the Name and Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok

Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
Ranked #23 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Chonburi, Thailand
“Good For the Name and Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed at this hotel twice in the past month. The hotel and lounge staff is super friendly and remembers most people by name. I am a Hyatt Diamond member, on the first stay was upgraded to a Suite, which was excellent. However on the second stay I received room 1602 which was small (for the price) and less than spectacular than other comparable rooms in the area for the price. The toilet seat was not properly centered and the water pressure on the shower spray less than optimal. I also felt the bed wasn't really a King Size bed, and on the smaller side.

The lounge is OK, but is lacking breakfast choices and only has a cocktail hour from 5pm-7pm (it would be nice if there was a Tea Time, or afternoon snacks). The layout of the lounge is excellent though--it is huge, has a nice view, and has different areas for my infant son to play.

The Diamond welcome gift of cheese and wine is my favorite.

This hotel is famous for its name and location, but value-wise I think other comparable hotels in the area properly offer better value. But I will return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Mattfs218,

Greetings and many thanks for making Grand Hyatt Erawan your hotel of choice during this visit to Bangkok. We appreciate your support of our hotel and for sharing feedback about your visit via this forum.

While I was delighted to read that your overall stay was enjoyable and that you plan on returning, I was concerned with the comments you shared about your room. Rest assured that I have followed up with our Engineering and Housekeeping Teams to ensure the room is rectified and that moving forward these areas are not missed.

I was very happy to see you enjoyed our newly-renovated Grand Club and that our Diamond Amenity is a favorite of yours. We have received very good feedback about both.

Please feel free to share with me any additional feedback you may have and let me know when youy have made your next booking with us. I can be reached via adam.zilber@hyatt.com and look forward to welcoming you back.

AZ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

It's not that this is a bad hotel, it's just not remotely up to the standard of other Hyatts I've stayed in (Singapore, Tokyo, Kyoto, KL for example).

My club room had a great view over the sports stadium/golf course, but the room was not large and the furniture seemed basic for a 5 - star place. The shower drain was blocked when I took a quick douse on arrival and this took some time to fix (albeit I'm mostly a bath man so not the end of the world).

The club room too was nothing special: reasonable food and drink but so-so decor and furniture leave it less than welcoming (although the staff were helpful in suggestions for outings to keep me entertained.).

I suspect there are better places, both modern and traditional, in downtown Bangkok: this is a rare failure on Hyatt ' s part.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear MacDaddyinSing,

Thank you for making Grand Hyatt Erawan your preferred hotel in Bangkok during your visit to the city. I appreciate you taking the time to share feedabck about your stay via this forum, but was disappointed that our hotel did not meet your expectations.

I trully apologize for any service shortfalls you may have experienced. There is no reason that rectifying your shower drain should have taken long to fix and I will review this with our Engineering Team. I would appreciate any additional feedabck you may wish to provide about your stay, and may be reached via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

We do look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and hopefully turn around your current perception of our hotel.

Andover, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

the hotel was great once I found it. If not arriving by cab, then you have to work out where the entrance is from the aerial walkways which abound in the area.
First class inside though, rooms large and comfortable. There is a shopping mall beneath the hotel which is useful and even more malls close by.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Maybe16,

Many thanks for making Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok your preferred hotel on this visit to Bangkok. We trully appreciate your business as well as for taking the time to share feedback about your stay on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you found our unique and central location beneficial and enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms.

We look forward to having the opporutnity to welcome you back in the future and do feel free to contact me direclty via adam.zilber@hyatt.com should you require any further assistance.

sydney traveller
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

From the moment you enter the lobby it's clear you are in an artistic space, one which is designed to help you leave behind whatever is out there- in this case an army coup several hours after check-in!
I was there as a guest of the hotel as part of a Kilikanoon wine dinner (see separate review of Tables restaurant outstanding food and service), but I'm sure everyone is treated as well here.
It has all the 5 star amenities but the spaces are inviting and relaxing, from the rooms to the pool.
Bangkok (and Thailand in general) has always been one of my favourite places to stay because of the high standards of the hospitality. Grand Hyatt lives up to that expectation and more...

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank nathanwaks
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Nathanwaks,

Many thanks for making Grand Hyatt Erawan your preferred hotel during your recent visit to Bangkok and for subsequently taking the time to share your feedabck on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to learn that your visit was an enjoyable one and that our hotel exceeded your expectations. The current political situation is challenging but has not hindered our ability to provide authentic hospitality to each and every one of our guests. I am glad you enjoyed our facilities and the Kilikanoon Wine Dinner. We will continue to host these on a monthly basis and look forward to welcoming you back.

Should you require any future assistance, please feel free to contact me directly via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Many thanks once again and all the best,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stayed at the hotel last weekend and It was beyond expectations. The breakfast was far the best I had seen as it had a wide selection of food. The staff was very informative when we needed directions. The hotel is located near the train station, very convenient to get around.Will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank D_A1106
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear D_A1106,

Greetings from Bangkok and many thanks for making Grand Hyatt Erawan your preferred hotel during you recent visit to Thailand.

I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and rest assured that your comments will be shared with our teams accordingly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and please feel free to contact me directly via adam.zilber@hyatt.com should you require any future assistance.

Shanghai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

I always stay at Grand Hyatt while in Bangkok and enjoy the food there. Breakfast spread is superb .... Asian as well as continental. Excellent restaurants in the basement. The location is very close to business district... Central world, MBK, and many malls.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Satheesh_Muttathil,

Many thanks for making Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok your preferred hotel and for subsequently taking the time to share your feedback via this forum.

We do appreciate your positive comments about our food and beverage options and will be sure to share them with our respective teams. I am delighted that you found our unique location beneficial and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Do let me know if I may be of any further assistance and I may be reached via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

It is very hard indeed to fault anything connected with our stay at the Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. Beautiful room, faultless service (it was particularly nice to be taken to our room by the young lady who checked us in at reception), excellent food (breakfasts to die for) and lovely little extras like the treats in our room. Due to the uncertain situation in Bangkok at the time of booking, we had several email exchanges with the General Manager, Mr Adam Zilber. He went out of his way to answer all our queries and gave us very detailed information about transport options etc. We decided to use the hotel limousine service both to and from the airport, and wow it was wonderful. Air Con turned up high when we got in, chilled water, and wi-fi! The pool area was lovely and just the right place to spend a morning in Bangkok recovering from a long flight. Keep up the good work Mr Zilber.

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor would probably be quieter.