“It just gets better and better”

Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
Ranked #25 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Hong Kong, China
“It just gets better and better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

I just had the chance to stay for the second time at the Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, I find this property full of character and with great staff plus a very good location and well connected.

This time I experienced the renewed rooms and they were not drastically changed, but I found them just as comfortable and high in quality as the first time I came. Their F&B options are quite good this time I had the chance to try out Spasso and the food was great.

Definitely hope there is a third time coming soon.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Aifos S,

Greetings from Bangkok and many thanks for making the Grand Hyatt Erawan your hotel of choice. We sincerely hope there is a third visit coming up in your near future. They say third time's the charm and I am confident we will be able to impress you once again. Please contact me directly via adam.zilber@hyatt.co should you require any further assistance and thank you again for staying with us.

AZ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (531)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
rome
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

I was so lucky to stay in this amazing hotel in my first visit in Bangkok!! I could make it thanks to a friend who had some discount. Our room was simply incredible and we even had access to lounge bar at 17th floor, food and drinks no stop and the view over a park of the city was incredible!
I hope i'll have again the chance to stay in such hotel.. everything just amazing! Only one thing..wifi wasn't available in the room only ethernet cable...i suppose now they have it also in the rooms !!
Jan 2011

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Bucefalo_Simi,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Bangkok and thank you for making us your preferred hotel. We sincerely appreciate your business and for subsequently sharing your positive experience via this forum.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our newly-renovated guestrooms and our Grand Club Lounge but was concerned about your comments regarding WIFI. I would appreciate you emailing me at adam.zilber@hyatt.com so that I may obtain your room number and rectify any connectivity issues that may exist. We have WIFI available throughout our hotel and as such your comments raise a concern that an issue may exist in your room's WIFI access point.

We thank you again for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok.

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Airport pick up worked well.
Checking in went smoothly but took a bit of time despite me being the only one checking in at that time.
Rooms are small but well arranged. Amenities are available with good selection/quality, (like docking station for IPod).
Bathroom small, but sufficient.
Lounge at reception with good selection, but takes a bit long to get the food. Drinks come faster.
Entertainment options at the basement floor are OK, from different restaurants to Night Club.
Tried the Italian restaurant and was very satisfied by the food and the service.
Breakfast with lots of choices and served till 10.00 am on weekdays.

Walking distance to Central World and to Sky train.

Good location, recommended even if you have a late arrival & early departure.
Equally expensive or cheaper than the Novotel at the airport which is a really indifferent place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Grbr07,

Thank you for recently staying with us and for subsequently sharing your feedback via this forum. We sincerely appreciate your business and for making Grand Hyatt Erawan your preferred hotel in Bangkok.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our facility and service and will be sure to address any areas of opportunity you mentioned. Our mission to provide authentic hospitality is something we focus on daily and through feedback such as your we can continue and improve our level of service.

Do let me know if I may be of any further assistance in the future should your travel plans include Bangkok. I may be reached via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

This hotel is right at the centre of the city. Its right next to BTS(Sky train) and Central World which is connected to the hotel by a Skywalk. The staff at Grand Hyatt is simply amazing. I stayed here for a week and from the time i checked in everything went just perfect. The executive lounge in the 17th floor has a very good selection of juices and alcoholic beverages. It was my Birthday and they surprised me with an amazing chocolate cake by the time i returned from work. That shows how much they care for the customer.

Room Tip: Just ask for the newly renovated floors, though i think most of the renovation is almost complete!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Srikanth,

Many thanks for making Grand Hyatt Erawan your preferred hotel during your recent visit to Bangkok. I was delighted to read your positive comments about our location and facilities, and was very excited to read that our service exceeded your expectations.

Our Grand Club has been open since December of last year and has been very well-received. I am very happy to see you enjoyed our food and beverage offerings. All rooms available for sale have been renovated and we are in the final stages of completing our Premier Suites.

Happy Birthday once again and do let me know if I may be of any future assistance. I may be reached directly via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Great hotel but rooms are small and it is a bit dirty but it is great.I went with my family and I really enjoyed it though I was in Bangkok for only one night as I was in Phuket for 5 days.Staff was great and food was also great the location was splendid

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jaikhanna
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Jaikhanna,

Many thanks for making us your preferred hotel in Bangkok and for sharing your comments via this forum.

Though I was delighted to read about your positive comments regarding our staff, food and beverage offierings and location, I was quite concerned about your comment about the overall cleanliness you encountered. I would appreciate any additional feedback you may be able to provide and can be reached directly via: adam.zilber@hyatt.com. It is only through this type of feedback that we may be able to address any areas of opporunity.

Once again thank you for staying with us and I look forward to hearing from you.

Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

The Grand Hyatt at Erawan is located right in the heart of Bangkok. Opposite some of the largest Malls, Ocean World, Science Centre, Madam Tussauds and the main shopping district. (Paragon Mall , Siam Centre, One Alpha Centre etc). These are the luxury premium Malls – but Platinum Mall and MBK the low cost ones are also a stones throw away.

The hotel has some amazing restaurants - Spasso & The Tea Place are outstanding. Food is great and very reasonable.

The Travel desk at Hotel is very helpful , great Gym , rates are Value for money at 6000 Baht / Night

Rooms are spacious and well designed - a little rustic and not the normal glass and steel you see in most of the Hyatt's.

Fore more details check out

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Vak1969,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok and many thanks for making us your preferred hotel while visiting Thailand.

We sincerely appreciate you staying with us and for subsequently sharing your feedback via this forum. Our central location does allow you quick access to local attractions and I was delighted you enjoyed our various food and beverage outlets as well as utilize our gym. Rest assured that your recognition of our Hotel Travel Desk will be shared with the team.

We do hope that your future travel plans once again include Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok and do let me know if I may be of any further assistance. I may be reached via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Once again thank you for staying with us.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

The Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok is an excellent hotel. I will definitely stay there again when in Bangkok.

Location is convenient to BTS (elevated SkyTrain) Chit Lom station - from there you can get to connecting services such as the MRT (subway train) and Airport Rail Link at Phaya Thai. It is surrounded by shopping malls and eateries, with an elevated walkway to get around without having to cross streets at ground level. If you need to travel by taxi, the concierge desk outside the front door will hail a cab for you and provide you with a card register of taxi details in case there is any problem - reading other reports here about catching taxis from hotels in Bangkok and them not wishing to use the meter, I did not find any evidence of that - every taxi I got into at the hotel the meter was on without having to ask (on the contrary, taxis I picked up on the street would sometimes want to "take highway" which is a euphemism for taking an unnecessary elongated trip on a toll road to increase the fare - of course some toll roads are unavoidable, but until you have taken a few trips and know where you are going, you don't know - but its not a big deal, because taxis are cheap and so even the longer ride is not much more.

Within the hotel there are bars and eateries, with all kinds for foods and beverages, and relaxing ambience. The breakfast buffet has foods for all tastes no matter where you come from or what you want to eat. Even so, a duty chef stands read to make you anything you desire (no precooked eggs - eggs cooked on request any way you like them). Service is courteous and efficient, of the highest standard.

My first night I chose to take the buffet in the hotel without checking the price - I was shocked to pay THB 2300 (approx AU$75) for buffet and one beer, but later on another day I found if you order a-la-carte instead you can get a very satisfying Thai meal with one beer for around THB 600 (approx AU$20). The You & Mee cafe on the lower level is even better value for food and drink. Of course, outside the hotel you can find meals for a 10th of hotel prices - there is no problem finding quality food in Bangkok! :-)

The large hotel room has everything you could wish for and is very luxurious. Proximity reader for lift and room access, air conditioned, international channels on flatscreen TV, fully stocked mini-bar, tea and coffee making facilities, safe for valuables, shelves, draws, lots of hanging space and hangers, ironing board, iron, robes, slippers, etc. Bathroom is all glass and mirrors and stone - illuminated magnifying make-up mirror, separate toilet, separate bath, shower with both ceiling and hand-held outlets. The ceiling shower had a fault (only that water came out in places it was not meant to) so I reported that to Hyatt head office via email rather then try to explain that in English to Thai speakers. It was no problem though, because the hand-held worked fine. Only issue I had was the water sometimes took some minutes to get hot enough to shower.

Given the current political unrest in Thailand, hotel management would provide a regular update via a letter to the room about any current protest events, and advice about places to avoid. This ensured guests had a trouble free stay in Bangkok.

Re religious material, the room contained a Gideons bible in both Thai and English plus a Buddhist "Without and Within" book.

Free guest internet was provided both wired or wireless. I found the wireless could be a bit inconsistent so tended to use wired most of the time. They supply an RJ45 cable in the room. My phone connected via wireless all the time and that was mostly OK. Both wired and wireless speed was around 6Mbps download and upload.

This hotel is quiet. Considering the traffic outside and proximity to two SkyTrain lines, I was not aware of any noise issues - from outside the hotel or from other rooms. The room I had was at the rear of the hotel on the 10th floor.

On the 5th floor they have a large 24 hour exercise gym, with all modern facilities. The first day I was there before 5am and there was a very helpful employee on duty to ensure I could use the equipment without any problem.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank knoath
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Knoath,

I was delighted to read your detailed feedabck regarding your recent stay in our hotel. Many thanks for making Grand Hyatt Erawan your preferred hotel in Bangkok and for sharing your comments via this forum.

I am glad you found our central location beneficial to getting around and that you enjoyed the various services and outlets our hotel provides. Also, we pride ourselves on providing authentic hospitality and it is reassuring to read that our staff was able to make you feel at home. The recent and ongoing political situation has been challenging and our guest and associate safety and security are of utmost importance to us. As such, I am glad to see you found our updates useful. Rest assured that we will follow up on your comments regarding the stability of your wireless internet service as well as the challenges your found with your shower. I would appreciate any additional feedback you may be able to provide us and can be reached via adam.zilber@hyatt.com.

Once again many thanks for staying with us and for sharing your feedback in such a detailed manner.

We hope to welcome you back home in the near future and I look forward to meeting you in person.

Best regards,