“Not on the list of Bangkok's best hotels”

Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
Ranked #32 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
New York City, New York
“Not on the list of Bangkok's best hotels”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have been staying 2 weeks. I have stayed there before but always in a suite. this time using awards, I got a double room supposedly renovated.
carpet is already dirty, closets without drawers would find a better place in a student's dormitory
an octogonal table too large for the room.not talking about a broken armchair that had to be replaced 3 times. to be sorry, they were. I don't remember how many times i have heard it.
house keeping needs supervision.
Hyatt Bangkok has competition on the block. It seems that they forgot it

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jeanluc1
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Jeanluc1,

Many thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback regarding your stay. I would like to sincerely apologize for any shortfalls in service you may have experienced and assure you that your comments have been shared with our respective teams. The areas of opportunity you mention have been addressed and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Please feel free to see me as a personal point of contact in our hotel should you require any further assistance and once again please accept my apologies.

Best regards to you in the near new.

Adam Z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

At almost 300 bahts net, the Phad Thai should be cooked with FRESH shrimps !
I have been surprised that they used frozen shrimps... which has been confirmed by a manager of the restaurant
What a pity... I will find an other place to eat a Phad Thai

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank pascaldebangkok
Dear pascaldebangkok,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding You and Mee Restaurant. Please rest assured that we will review our products to ensure their freshness is maintained consistently.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed in Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok in early December.

In short, the on-site experience is fantastic!

Check-in and Check-out are efficient. I am very impressed during the time when I arrived - once I got off a taxi, I was greeted immediately with my family name even before I present my ID for check-in.

Being a Diamond member, I have granted access to their temporary Grand Club at the 2/F for breakfast and evening cocktail. Both are very impressed with lots of tasty hot and cold dishes (including cook-to-order omelette in the morning) as well as attentive services provided by the Staff.

The fitness center at 5/F is excellent - it is far better than my previous experience in the two Hilton properties. It's open 24/7 with lots of weight and caloric equipments available. The environment, with a very high ceiling and a open-kitchen (that one can buy light food/energy drink), is very relaxed.

I do try the SPA service which is also excellent. It's a 3-hour package for men that includes massage, body wrap, facial, and foot massage.

Regarding the on-site dining services, it is very good. I did have lunch at You & Mee, Erawan Bakery, and The Dining Room, as well as afternoon tea at Erawan Tea Room. Among all, I do like the finger sandwiches in Erawan Bakery and the Club Sandwich in The Dining Room that are very tasty!

Lastly, the room assigned to me (Room 1011) is great. During my check-in, the Staff guided me to the room and explain to me in detail how the lighting, air conditioning, and the bathroom work. The decoration in the room is perfect and the bed is very comfortable. The view of the room is also very fine 'cause it has a perfect view of a golf course (I suppose to be...).

If there is anything I need to complain, it's then the process of requesting the points/qualifying stays in my account. For my past experience in Hyatt, the points/qualifying stays are usually credited to my account less than 2 days after my check-out. This time, however, it's not the case and when I requested it via membership service, they would not find any record and I need to tell the membership detailed information of my stay (including my confirmation number, folio number, and the like). As referred to some of the previous comments in Tripadvisor, I believe I am not the first one who experience this problem and I do believe the hotel should improve in this area. It is also the main reason why I do not give a 5-point rating for my stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Edward A A,

Thank you for taking the time and providing us with feedback regarding your recent visit with us.

We are indeed very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the facilities it offers, and will be sure to share your postiive comments about our staff and outlets with our teams.

I was, however, concerned to learn about the challenges you experienced in the delay of crediting your Gold Passport account. May I ask that you please email your details to our Front Office team at afom.bangh@hyatt.com and we will be more than happy to follow up on the matter for you.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to our hotel in the future, and wish you all the best in the New Year.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed in a Grand Club room and received all that was expected and more. The rooms have been recently renovated and are lovely and spacious. The Grand Club was under renovation which was no issue as they used either the beautiful Residence, or Tables Restaurant. Spasso is a fun atmospheric place to have Italian, which turns into a music / bar atmosphere by about 9.30pm. The live band are great.
The bar 494 downstairs makes lovely cocktails and is nice and relaxed.
Location is great with direct access to the skyrail and accross from major shopping complex Central World.
If staying in BKK, consdider the GH for its excellent service and up market decor.
Definitely coming back for a stay at the GH BKK.

Room Tip: As always, a Grand Club room is a good starting point.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Koul_boy,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive experience in our hotel. We welcome your feedback and are delighted you enjoyed your visit. You will be pleased to know that we have recently re-opened our Grand Club on the 17th floor and are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Atlanta
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed here two nights on our way to Cambodia.

Recommend getting a taxi from the airport - it's less than $15 and pretty quick if you arrive late.

The hotel is undergoing renovations. We stayed in a new room on the 12th floor. Rooms are nicely laid out, though smallish

The Regency Club was relocated down to an area next to the restaurant during the renovation. Really nice space with a great restaurant and then evening hors d'ouvers.

Only grumble is if you want a late drink your only choice is a busy bar/nightclub in the lower level with loud music, which seemed full of expats.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Jan_ATL,

Many thanks for taking the time to share feedback regarding your most recent visit to our hotel. You will be happy to note that we have re-opened our Grand Club on the 17th floor, and are in the final stages of completing our room renovation program.

We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel is a grand dame, having been the Erawan in a previous reincarnation. It is located in a prime location being close to all the best shopping centers in Bangkok. The hotel is currently being renovated and so far the results are great. The beds by the way are very comfortable.

Room Tip: Get a club floor. The lounge offers excellent breakfasts and cocktails.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bobby C,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your recent visit to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. I was very happy to read you enjoyed our hotel, its location, and our renovated rooms. We are delighted with our new rooms product and are in the final stages of completing the remainder of our guest rooms. We just recently re-opened our Grand Club on the 17th floor and look forward to having the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Karachi
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I found Hyatt pretty comfortable and centrally located. Since the trip was just 5 days and we used to have spare time in the evenings only, I guess Hyatt was the best location. Malls are nearby, cinema was there and in-home dining was also pretty good since there are no restaurants or clubs nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed our unique location and do hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Adam