“Great location, beautifully renovated rooms.”

Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
Ranked #34 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel is a grand dame, having been the Erawan in a previous reincarnation. It is located in a prime location being close to all the best shopping centers in Bangkok. The hotel is currently being renovated and so far the results are great. The beds by the way are very comfortable.

Room Tip: Get a club floor. The lounge offers excellent breakfasts and cocktails.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Adam Z, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Bobby C,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your recent visit to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. I was very happy to read you enjoyed our hotel, its location, and our renovated rooms. We are delighted with our new rooms product and are in the final stages of completing the remainder of our guest rooms. We just recently re-opened our Grand Club on the 17th floor and look forward to having the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Adam Z

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I found Hyatt pretty comfortable and centrally located. Since the trip was just 5 days and we used to have spare time in the evenings only, I guess Hyatt was the best location. Malls are nearby, cinema was there and in-home dining was also pretty good since there are no restaurants or clubs nearby.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed our unique location and do hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Adam

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Amazing, huge "grand hotel" type of property. Odd architecture and design in the lobby but who cares... we stayed in room 925, which was freshly renovated and really cool. Great design. Since this was a Regency Club-level room, we also had access to the temporary Regency Club which was set up on the mezzanine level (since the main Club up on 17 was being renovated). The temp club was perfect: GREAT service, amazing huge spread for free afternoon apps, and omg the hazelnut tea cake was one of the best pastries I've ever had (huge props to the HR Erawan pastry chef!). Oh, and they actually have a heated hot tub on the pool level, which is open until 10pm (yay!) and the pool level also has a full restaurant and poolside service. So one chilly night, my boyfriend and I sat in the hot tub from 8p - 10p and just drank wine and enjoyed being waited on by the staff. Highly recommended. :-)

Room Tip: Our room, 925, was on a floor that was freshly renovated and it was great. Since they're doing r...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the positive feedback on your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our newly remodelled guestrooms along with our other products and services. You will be pleased to know that our Grand Club has recently been re-opened on the 17th floor and hopefully you will be able to return in the near future to enjoy it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok and do let me know if I may be of any personal assistance in our hotel.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Grand Hyatt Bangkok truly stands for its brand. First, the service is one of the best. The team was very helpful and courteous. We were greeted with a smile all throughout out our stay. Doormen were very helpful to assist us every time we needed a cab. We requested for a high floor with city view and that was granted. We had a swift check in and check out. Complimentary fruits were replenished every day. Second, the design of the hotel is really nice. It is a lot better than any other Hyatt Hotels I have been to. The hotel may not be that big, but the word “Grand” is proven by its interior. It is a well-preserved hotel. Third, the location is really good! It is near to shopping centers and attractions. You don’t have to worry of the travel time to shopping centers! Literally, the hotel is walking distance to malls. It is also close to Baiyoke Sky Tower. Fourth, the cleanliness of this hotel is outstanding. The housekeeping did a great job. However, they were too persistent in cleaning the room. They kept on knocking on the door to tell us that they would clean the room. Anyway, we appreciated the effort. Overall, this is a recommendable hotel in Bangkok!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Catethee

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding the service you received during you recent visit to our hotel. Please rest assured that we will share your feedback with our teams and we look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok. Sincerely, Adam

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I had the pleasure to stay here for three nights when travelling on business. The hotel is located right in the middle of the city with the skytrain station just outside the door.

The hotel itself is spacious and it is a perfect place to arrive at after a long flight. I had a club room on the 7th floor. It was spacious, clean and came with all amenities required for a comfortable stay.

Check in was a great experience. I was taken to my room upon arrival where all formalities where completed. The best bit was they explained all the features of the room, including how to switch on the TV and how to control the lights. You may think this is overdoing it but I am amazed how many variations there are to the simple action of switching on a TV!

A very nice touch is the Pillow Service, where the hotel offers a selection of pillows to choose from.

During my stay they were renovating the club lounge and the hotel offered an very good alternative on the Mezzanine floor. The hotel informed me well in advance that the renovation was going on and explained what they put in place in stead to deliver the services I expected.

The breakfast was very good with a variety of asian and western cousine, a superb mixture of fresh fruitjuices, coffees, teas and waters.

During my stay I visited two of the inhouse venues; Brazzo and Bar 494.

Brazzo is a restaurant that turns to a very lively bar with live performance later in the evening. The staff is very friendly, entertaining and professional. They made me feel like home.

Bar 494 is a wine bar with a very good selection of wines. It is a relaxed venue to wind down with friends or on your own over a glass of wine after a days work.

The only downside - although fully expected - is the high prices for wine. A glass of reasonable wine sets you back at least BHT600 (£12).

This was my second stay at this hotel and I am looking forward to return very soon again. I highly recommend Grand Hyatt Erawan in Bangkok.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Adam Z, Manager at Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you very much for your very kind words on your recent stay with us.

We are all most delighted to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us and that you enjoyed our newly remodelled guestroom along with our other products and services. Your recognition of the service provided by our team is most appreciated and will be shared with the teams; they will be very happy to hear that they were able to exceed your expectations.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I just recently returned from our amazing 2 week trip in Bangkok & Cambodia. We began our journey with 3 nights in Bangkok at the Grand Hyatt Erawan. Fortunately, I was able to use my hyatt points to book those three nights in one of the renovated rooms - always a plus!

I had decided last minute to reserve a car pick up as opposed to trying to hail one from the airport, and boy oy boy....I'm so glad that I did. After an EXHAUSTING 18 hour trek across the world, we were met by a friendly, upbeat driver who met us with a smile, cold towels and bottle waters. To add to the luxurious experience, the carseats doubled as massage chairs - what?? I felt like a super villain.

We arrived half an hour later at the hotel. It was gorgeous and grand (get it? ha))....everything I had imagined it would be. It wasn't as outdated as some reviewers had made it out to be. After a seamless check in, we were escorted up to our room where were given the tour. They also had a chocolate fountain with the full spread & champagne waiting for us as we were celebrating a special occasion. How sweet!

The first order of business as soon as we settled in was to order some pad see ew.... and let me tell you, it was some of the best I ever had...especially after the long trip. We also ended up ordering it again for breakfast the following day - I highly recommend it! In fact, I'd urge you to order more fare like that as it tends to stay hot by the time it reaches you. Some of the other food we had ordered (pancakes/waffles), arrived cold unfortunately.

If hotel pad see ew wasn't your thing, then some of the best restaurants in town are only a few bahts away. We were able to get to Nahm & Bo.lan on the cheap quite easily. The hotel is also a quick taxi ride away from Moon Bar & Sky Bar, and in walking distance of the shopping mall, Paragorn.

Our stay overall couldn't have been more pleasant. Service was friendly and professional all around. We had a slight hiccup during our last night involving a sticky sliding door, a toilet and my husband...but I was able to pry it open eventually. We didn't fault the hotel at all, in fact, I had a rather good laugh about it. Even still, as we were checking out the next morning, we were met by the Manager who offered his sincerest apologies & a nice treat of dried mangoes.

Of course, we opted to do the car service back to the airport again...it was absolutely worth it!

We will definitely be visiting again!

Cheers!

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your detailed comments on your recent stay with us, it is gratifying to hear of your experience here. We will be sure to pass on your praise to our entire team – rest assured they will be very happy to hear this!

Please accept our sincerely apology for the incident that took place on your final night with us. Our engineering team has been notified and we will ensure that the sliding door will be rectified.

We thank you for making us your hotel of choice on this trip to Bangkok and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The hotel staffs are excellence in service. Everything is just perfect !! The club room is nice, the staff taking very good care of each customer. They can remember in what i order last time. That impressive!
I wonder why my gold passport point was no point, I just stayed from 11/5 - 11/10, your feedback is more than appreciated.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

Your kind comments will be shared with our team who will be delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable experience with us. For the gold passport points, could you please email detail to our Front Office team at afom.bangh@hyatt.com and we will be more than happy to follow up on the matter for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.